Saturday, August 27, 2022

A very late post...

 ...and here I go again...not posting. We are both sitting here on a very rainy/stormy Saturday evening drinking cup of coffee. So, what's new Buttercups? ((grin))


Sorry folks, I have no interesting thoughts. Unless you want to know that we are supposed to close on the house 2 bed/2 bath cottage on Oct. 2.


We decided NOT to wait the 6-9 months for a concrete foundation-yep read that right. 6-9 MONTHS. For concrete. Yep.


Please note these are not my photos, 


I took these off the website. And we are getting a brand new 2023 model direct from the factory here in Ocala.


My husband wants white cabinets, and I said no, I like the contrasting colors. OH, and the ac vents will be in the ceilings.


and we also elected to go with plain shower doors. I am slightly amused...rolling into Sept. NOTHING has been done. I am assured it will be getting done. Speaking of getting nothing done...

not my photo. I actually did not even take my phone today.

We made the short 22-mile drive to Crystal River, the Manatee aka sea cow capitol of the world (and home to nearby Weeki Watchi the mermaid capitol of the world, wink). A beautiful quaint little downtown. Nope, we never actually made it over to the public boat dock(s) to visit any manatees. It was very hot and humid after the rains had passed. Oh, but you surely can smell the river and even Crystal Bay/Gulf of Mexico. 

not my photo.

We did have lunch at BubbaQues-very good and I highly recommend it. Next weekend our housemates are heading to Flagler Beach on the Atlantic side, and we will have the house to ourselves. We might make the short drive (49 miles) over to beautiful Cedar Key on the Gulf of Mexico.

not my photo

I haven't been there since I was a child. Of course, it might all depend on the weather, I hear there are some storms brewing in the Gulf and in the Atlantic. Tis the Hurricane season here in Florida. ANYWAYS...that's all I got...smiles

P.S. Coffee, our German Sheppard is doing much better, so need for a puppy...and all the stores here are decorated for fall/Autumn season...PEOPLE ITS A MILLION DEGREES, lol.

13 comments:

  1. Listening to the rain as I read this. It is late for me too, but I had dinner guests tonight and have to chill out a bit before I go to bed. I am so glad your closing is scheduled and you will soon have your own place! Joe and I went to Cedar Key years ago. It was still quaint and colorful then. Hope it still is. Have a good Sunday and week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. October will be here before you know it! I can’t believe the wait for concrete!! Yikes! Ridiculous! But isn’t just about everything nowadays? *sigh* Your weekend excursions sound so fun. I’m also cracking up at all the Halloween and fall stuff I’m seeing already. I mean, I’m definitely ready for a little cooler weather, but it IS August. Haha! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new cottage looks fabulous, I am confused about you not waiting for the concrete foundation. That sure would be a long wait. So the concrete foundation is not needed? Your side trips sound like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰ The cottage looks beautiful. Mine doesn't sit on concrete either. It has concrete blocks at the foundation but no actual concrete. I have a huge 2 set of stairs leading up to the deck. This is how I bought her and I plan to do much more as I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos of your "cottage". It is going to be so cute when you get it fixed up the way you want it. Your desk is safely secured in our shed now until you are ready for it, so when you come to get it you have to come see ME! LOL. And yes, I know it's still a zillion degrees out there and very humid, but fall IS just around the corner! We like to pretend it's fall here in September even if it doesn't actually get here until November! LOL. It's amazing how the mind can make you feel like it's fall even when it isn't. LOL. I am glad you are getting out on the weekends and doing some fun things. It's good for the soul and mind and body! I hope you have a beautiful day today. God bless you both. You are always in our hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. The pictures of your cottage look great. I think it will be the perfect place for you and I am so excited for your to get move in and settled. It is still hot here in Utah as well. It is a little cooler today, but we are going to be back in the high 90s and triple digits next week again! We don't have the humidity, but it is still warm. I hope you have a good weekend and that things continue to progress with your new home. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day trip to Crystal River sounded lovely, Linda. I am glad to hear that closing has been scheduled. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the look of your new cottage kitchen, Linda! Yes, these cabinets look super against the white; are you going with the black-front dishwasher, too? We've no dishwasher, but I wanted (and got) a black refrigerator, microwave, Keurig and stove. I've never seen a manatee, but that's on my List next time I'm over the border. Think cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am glad that Coffee is doing much better. Good news! Wow! October 2 will be here very soon. More good news... so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for your soon-to-be cottage, Linda! The photos sure make it so inviting. It is a ways to October, but at least you all will be good and settled by Christmas.
    Good to know your pup is doing better!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6-9 months for concrete? Crazy!
    I can't wait till you get it settled. That cottage looks beautiful!
    So are the photos of the Gulf of Mexico.
    October is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with your new cottage (to be). The layout is great, and I hope you and hubby will be happy there, Linda. I can only imagine how y'all are looking forward to being in your home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, what is it sitting on, may I ask?

    it will be soooo wonderful to have your own place!

    "....... autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings,
    and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all,
    leaping into leaves!"
    ~Winnie the Pooh
    ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)