It's a Meme Filled Tuesday y'all. Please excuse my absence, working, working, working. Thank you all for the kind comments, emails and snail mail...I am falling so far behind in being a good friend.
First up is from my good friend
Monica
1 - What's the weather like today in your neck of the woods?
It's currently 29* and real feel is 20* and its snowing/sleeting. After yesterday of extreme winds and heavy rain and mild temps, its back to being miserable cold.
2 - Are you making any short term or long-term plans?
LOL. M-O-V-I-N-G-here is today's list:
--Have to go over to the Antique Mall to pick up a check, he sold some of our depression glass that I had put on consignment.
--Walmart or Target. Since the husband packed all my summer clothes except for a pair of shorts and clam diggers. I need to at least buy some short sleeve shirts/t shirts. Once we cross into Kentucky/Tennessee, it gets warm. I won't survive with winter gear, lol. I'll worry about 'work clothes' once we get to Florida. BECAUSE the Lord only knows what box that is in!
--Need to unpack my dresser drawers, BEFORE the husband gets to it. Need to pack my suitcase and make up etc., again, before the husband gets to it (he is threatening to do this).
3 - It's March, do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
We used to go bar hopping; this town celebrates its Irish heritage. Not this year, I am working and we are busy with the move. Plus, neither of us feel like it...we really are suffering from the blues---AND with that said, we know our son wouldn't want us to be this way, but there it is.
4 - If you are a reader what do you prefer to read? Fiction or nonfiction and what is your favorite genre?
I like both. I also like those cozy mysteries that are easy to read.
5 - Front Porch decor? Do you have a front porch? Do you decorate it or not?
 |
| Oct. |
We do have a front porch but everything is packed up now and ready to go. Not even a wreath is on the front door. It looks kind of sad actually.
OH and one more thing: 6 - What are you drinking today?
My second cup of Wegmans (my employer) Breakfast coffee with Italian Sweet Cream.

Welcome back! Thank you so much for joining in with Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. I hope you are enjoying these.
There are some things we just enjoy quite a lot. Let's talk about it okay?
1. Which book could you read over and over again?
The Harry Potter series. Which reminds me, David, where are my books? (in a non descript box, sigh).
2. What movie or TV program could you watch and never tire of watching?
I really like the Magnolia Channel and the shows it offers. The Sound of Music comes to mind for the movie.
3. What meal do you like enough to eat several times a week or several times a month? Got a recipe to share for it?
Pizza is a food group, right? grin---and my recipe? "Hello, Giovannis?" LOLOLOL
4. What place do you enjoy so much that you go back again and again? Why do you like it so much?
I really like and love Canada and it's easy to get too (only 80 miles to Buffalo). Unfort. with the covid nonsense, the border remains closed to nonvaccinated folks...plus, because of that and the communist running that beautiful country, we will never go back.
Have a beautiful day all.
P.S. We are arguing about the best route to take. I say Philadelphia and he says Ohio. Philly, VA, NC, SC, GA, we hit traffic. We have to go too Georgia and make 2 pit stops (grin, Sparky and Steve). We will skip Alabama for now.
Enjoyed reading your responses, Linda. Hope you have a good day and find some short-sleeved tops.
ReplyDeleteWagons Ho!
ReplyDeleteYour Darling sure has made things exciting (not to mention expensive) with his packing methods. 🤦🏻♀️ I know it will all get sorted eventually. How nice that the consignment shop sold some things. Always good to have a little extra cash just before a trip. How wonderful that you will be visiting friends on your way to Florida. I think that there are quite a few more there waiting for you. Take it easy now... The days are slipping off so surely.
ReplyDeleteI've only read a couple of the Harry Potter books, but we watch the movies about every 1 or 2 years. I probably should read the rest of them too. Oh and yes, pizza counts. lol Hope you have a great day.
ReplyDeleteOh, never say never! Turdo's days are numbered, me thinks. He's not popular. Just like our cesspool. November may be a painful for the devil worshiping Left.
ReplyDeleteHey, I want to send y'all Birthday cards but aren't sure if you'll be there! And I for sure won't send a gift 'cause it's One More Thing To Pack. *giggle* Hope it's OK to send a virtual card this year. It's not that I don't love you both or anything. Just trying to be thoughtful.
Can't wait for y'all to be on the road!!
Love & Prayers xx
I love St Patrick’s Day even though I’m Scottish. I have a little bit of Irish and so does my husband. Since I don’t drink, bar hopping is not fun for me but we annually go to a Irish Pub in town for lunch - it’s festival enough.
ReplyDeleteThat’s funny how your husband keeps packing things you haven’t had a chance to get to. I’m just so excited for your move and this adventure.
Warmer temperatures and constant sunshine will help those “blues” - Being in that cold weather is just awful and surely doesn’t help.
Hugs and prayers! You’re almost there.
How could I have forgotten The Sound of Music?! Lifting prayers for your travel mercies ... and trying not to pout about your last line. (lol)
ReplyDeleteLinda, the Florida weather is so crazy right now! It was hot over the weekend and we cut on the AC. Girl, it's suppose to be some kind of cold this weekend. I will get at least one more fire this year it looks like! LOL! But, I am ready for Spring now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous that Sparky & Steve are on your way down and they get to see you first! Time is moving along and that trip south will happen soon!! xo
ReplyDeleteIt's getting close! And I think that Liam would not want you to e blue, but he would understand. He would be so happy you are getting out of there!
ReplyDeleteHooray for seeing Sparky and Steve!
LOL! I love reading your posts! I can actually feel your personality! I think we're a lot alike.
ReplyDeleteWish we were moving to FL too! Best state in the US! Not much blogging at all going on here. I have been working my 40 hr a week job, working around my house getting it ready to move into and my part-time job just called me and wants me to start the 21st. I need to get moved in so I can have one thing off my plate.
The one movie I used to watch over and over is Beaches. However, I don't like Bette anymore due to her political position, so I won't. Try and get some rest and tell hubby to leave your last-minute packing to you! :)
I think pizza is always a hit! Loved your answers! Happy Tuesday!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Pizza is always a hit. I recently discovered that reheated in a frying pan until the crust is toasted is my fav
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of the HP books. I LOVE the Magnolia channel. THere are some really fun shows on there. Yay to Pizza!
ReplyDelete