Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Marching into the Hodgepodge

 Marching into the Hodgepodge at 5:30 am.

1. Somehow, it's March? Is it coming in like a lion where you live? 

Actually, it was like 40* yesterday but no worries, another winter storm is expected. 

Tell us one fun thing on your March calendar. 

M-0-V-I-N-G to freedom i.e. Florida. My husband calls it / freedom another thing, but right now, I can't think of it. He is very much better at idioms than I am. LOL

2. In what way(s) do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'?

I'm very much a traditionalist and I have no fashion sense. I really would like for someone to take me aside and go, "Hey, you really need a makeover girlfriend."

3. The Hodgepodge lands on Dr. Seuss Day (March 2nd). Do you like eggs? 

I love eggs. How about ham? I love ham.

Share a favorite quote from one of his books. 

4. Have you read Little Women? How about Alice in Wonderland? Did you love them, like them, feel just eh about them? I love both books. Why is this question in the Hodgepodge today? Does it have something to do with Women's Day?

5. How do you meal plan? How often do you shop for groceries? One homemade meal that was on your menu last week or is on your menu this week?

No homecooked meals lately. Everything packed away, pots, pans, dishes, etc. Neither of us have felt like eating much anyways since our son passed away (just keeping it real). We have little meals here and there nothing big. We did though yesterday go to Marinos and had lunch. It was nice.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, that quote has been on my mind. Our adventure begins soon, and I have a feeling I will be without coffee or tea for a while. 26 something days...grin.

15 comments:

  1. Sorry I am late getting around to visit. The renter I evicted out of my grandmother's house left me with a lot of cleaning up. He was a jerk. Tore a lot of things up. Considering suing him. Anyway... I will be working there every night after work getting it done so that I can move in soon.
    Go without COFFEE or TEA??? GIIIIRRRLL you will have to stop somewhere and get some on your trip or you will just be the crankiest person on the planet! LOL! Pack a thermos if you have one.
    It's going to be 73 degrees here today! I suddenly an not feeling so well {{{GIGGLES}}} The long range forecast is in the 50's. I pray that our winter is behind us. Working on ideas my Front Porch post. I have a nice closed in porch at my rental house. I just need to make it nice and cozy for us! Well, this is getting long I hope you enjoy your day!
    Love you my friend! EAT something. You need to keep your strength and BTW... Jeans and tshirts will do fine for me... Fashion is over rated and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? Why no coffee or tea for 26 days? That's a necessity of life!! I love the Alice in Wonderland quote. I should use that in a post for Lily Grace sometime, speaking of which, I am way behind. Poor little girl feels like an orphan. Maybe when you bring Stephen the Sloth down they can cook up something together! Praying for you every day. Can't wait to see you. But please take care of yourself...moving takes a lot of energy. Love you. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. I hope March goes just the way you have it planned. :-) See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good quote from Dr. Suess. He has so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're moving to my state?? Awesome. We're free as ever here; I haven't even thought about Covid for about a year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have made great progress. Must give you a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eggs and ham! I also love the graphic with the Dr. Seuss quote on it, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite between the two was hands down Little Women. My youngest daughter and I went to see the movie a few years ago. With it just being Marty and I, I really don't have to meal plan. But, I usually know ahead of time what I might be whipping up. LOL! Sundays is really my big day with all my family so I do plan ahead and most often cook the day before with exception of what must wait till last minute. But, I enjoy it so much. Happy week to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for giving me the link to your blog!!!!!!

    Am so happy for you, to be moving out of crappy, weird, Liberal, Woke NYS!!!!! We are old, so don't see it happening. sighhhhh... But I'll be able to LIVE FREE, vicariously, through your blog. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    ❓One good policy? Just one.❓

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry about the death of your son.
    Moving to Florida sounds like fun!! I read some of your other posts and noticed you mentioned Alabama. I live in Alabama and our weather today is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I hope you'll share David's idiom when you think of it!
    That Dr. Seuss quote was actually the only one I remembered; I always thought it would make a funny/awesome present for the new graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It hit 45 here yesterday, now it's back to 30, but Spring is coming! And more than Spring for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a fun Hodgepodge! 26 days and counting! Looking forward to welcoming you back to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your answers. I hope your move to Florida is a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Life with coffee or tea would be sad for me. I had such stress with this mammogram appointment business, I made a cup of London Fog tea . It cheered me up tremendously. I need to get back to HodgePodge. I am disorganized right now. I liked your answers. I love to read. I usually take a week off and read then go back to life. My stack of books grows larger. I hope you are taking care of you. I know you are anxious for the move. LOVE & HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)