Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday Stealing...

 I have nothing fabulous to talk about. I am sure your tired of hearing about work and the house hunt, so how about Sunday Stealing?


1. Name something in the room you are grateful for.
My full coffee cup (at the present moment, lol)

2. Recall a favorite memory you are grateful for.
When I was a child I would spend summers in Chicago and Michigan with my grandparents. My great grandparents lived on a farm in Kalamazoo and then we would eventually find our way to Hamlin Lake/Ludington up on Lake Michigan.


Yep, the cabin is still there. No heat, no shower...ah the memories. Yep, it got pretty cold up even in the summer.

3. Who helped you today?
No one yet. I made my own coffee, LOL.

4. What possession makes your life easier?
Electricity, Cable, etc.
 
5. What’s the best thing that happened today?
Waking up and thanking the good Lord for doing so.

6. Name something in nature that you are grateful for.
Nature? Every single day the surrounding "nature" landscape changes. So I would say the beauty of every day.

7. What painful experience helped you grow?
I was discussing this with a young coworker whose father ordered her to get the Covid Vaccine (Our idot governor just mandated all students must get the vaccine). I reiterated 35 yrs ago my parents gave me a ultimatum; if I were to marry my husband, I was to never to return. I never turned back and went on with life. Sometimes, you just have to stand up for yourself. No, it hasn't been easy, but they have stuck to their word; I have never been back. They shut down, as did I. So, there it is. Be careful your actions have consequences.

8. What is your best skill?
My brutal honestly. Unfort. it has gotten me in trouble. I have no idea what being politically correct means.

9. What person in your past are you most grateful for?
My parents. They raised a stubborn self reliant girl.

10. What risk are you most grateful for taking?
I have to think on this. I would probably have to say, moving from Alabama to here. So many reasons; financial, school, work and so on. Although, I have grown increasingly antsy about remaining here. I don't like the current political scene and where its going.

11. Name something/someone that makes you feel safe.
My husband. He is the glue that keeps us together, because the Good Lord knows, I am the "flighty" one (that darn gypsy blood, LOL).

12. Name a challenge you have overcome.
So many challenges...one of them was having breast cancer/ double mastectomy at the same time our son was recovering from open heart surgery and then later when my husband had his stroke. Life sure is full of ups and downs...but God put us where we are and its all about how we handle it.

13. What small things are you grateful for today?
I am grateful for everything.

14. What smell are you most grateful for?
You know, when I had Covid, I lost my smell...it was awful. So, now, every single smell is most grateful even the icky ones.

15. What is your proudest accomplishment?
I would like to say husband and son. But I will also say getting my BA degree at age 53. What started off as a joke (because son was on academic probation and I thought, seriously dude? It can't be that hard), turned pretty serious and as you all know, it was tough, no joke. But I excelled...and now look, working at the #1 retailer (rolling eyes, trying to be funny). 

taken last fall

Yeah, since I stand outside all day and look at the beautiful mountains/hills, I have a lot of free time on my hands to think--which is pretty dangerous. lol


Ending on this thought. Have a beautiful day friends. It's my day off; back to house and job hunting.

18 comments:

  1. Linda, happy Sunday! I enjoyed reading the responses to the questions. Each one of us has so much to be grateful for -- from the smallest of things to the big things. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...I hope you have a beautiful day friend. smiles

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day off and good luck with the house hunting and job hunting! God has something special for you. Hang in there. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Hope you have a beautiful Sunday.

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda. Great post. We all have so much to be grateful for. Hope you have a truly restful Sunday. BTW - are you no longer working for #1 retailer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good (and honest!) answers, Linda. I wish you so many blessings ahead and hope the right job and the perfect house - wherever they may be - show up soon for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is so heartwarming. It's good to be grateful for what we have. Things could be a whole lot worse. When I'm going through my prayer list, I try to thank my dear loving Saviour for everything, even the "small" things. One of the most important I'm thankful for is Steve is still with me. He's almost died twice. Golly. It could be so much for worse for me but for the grace of God keeping me safe.
    BTW, I'm still lookin' around here for y'all. Still nothing that fits the request. Let me know if y'all can "settle" for a regular house on a smaller piece of land. Got LOTS of them within your price range, but none with what I would call acreage.
    Love & Blessings To You All xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I learned more about you here than I previously knew or completely understood...there's a lot more to you than meets the eye, so to speak. And I am considerably amazed and awestruck! I haven't been one of your "followers" long enough to have been through all that nitty gritty stuff with you, even though you have alluded to it, I just didn't know it all. You are a survivor and a fighter. God isn't finished with you yet by a long shot! I expect the next chapter to be very interesting and exciting indeed, so hang in there and wait on "orders". God won't let you down...He's already brought you this far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome post! I remember your parent's ultimatum, but it still saddens me. Their loss, imagining all the missed opportunities! Definitely, I believe God has put us where we are for a reason. Doors will open in His good time, not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to spend every summer at the mt grandparents house and it truly is some of the best years of my childhood. I really enjoyed your answers. :) Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will never understand how parents can give ultimatums to their adult kids and then disown them when they don't do what they want! I have a acquaintance who's parents disowned her because they did not name their child what the parents wanted! Unbelievable! Love everything you are grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have clearly missed something along the way. What is it about your current employment that requires you to spend so much time outside?

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of these days the house hunting is going to yield a winner!
    You have a lot to be proud of - sticking to your guns regarding your husband, your beliefs, your work ethic, graduating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very encouraging post and just what I needed. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also a breast cancer survivor but only a single mastectomy! So glad you are still here and yes, life is very hard sometimes. Hope you find the house and job you really want soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and am not tired of the house hunt. It's an awful time to be house hunting though, as you well know. I'm hoping and praying something will turn up though. I agree with your advice to your co-worker, and am very impressed with your attitude, your brutal honesty...I laughed my head off reading that you "don't know how to be politically correct", it's refreshing. God bless you, all you've gone through with cancer, your son's heart, and your husband having a stroke, wow...and you're still thankful, that is so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda, I sure hope California does not make students take the vaccine but we do have to have mask for another month. I did not know you lost your smell. I think you said you got Covid in November before it became very public? I am praying you get a great home for you and your family! You will get the right job too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)