Saturday, May 8, 2021

Rambles and Saturday 9

 Thank you all for the kind words on Wednesday. Falling behind in email, and commenting. How about I answer some of those comments?

--I have a second job interview Tuesday at 6 am (before I head into my regular job) with the company I had the first interview with. I turned down the job (second interview) I really wanted due to the fact the vaccine was mandatory, no thanks. Walked away from a $100,000 job, sure did.

--I shall know on Tuesday about the job; I already  pretty much know I have the job...and I will post that later.

--We will be staying here in NY after all. We are outpriced and out marketed down south. When did $150,000 become impossible to buy a home? Plus, the situation with my mil; court ordered to keep her here. As her guardian(s), she is too remain here. Ok then, moving along--

--We found a house on a acre of property, For Sale by Owner in the next county/village over. A retired USMC Lt. Col. owns it and he is working with us and the VA. An inspection will be done sometime next week. More on that later; here is a photo.

--Dr. visit went well. Lost 25 lbs since last year. OH and my every 4 month antibody test came back as FALSE POSITIVE. LOLOLOL ---After 2 yrs of having antibodies all of sudden, this. I almost laughed myself out of the chair...My husband, "Interesting, since you told them NO on the vaccine." Indeed. 

Onwards to the Saturday 9 now.


Saturday 9: Mom (2016)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Meghan Trainor's mom gets a vocal credit on this song ("featuring Kelli Trainor") because the audio of a mother/daughter phone call is included on the recording. Who is the last person you spoke to (not texted!) on the phone?

Actually our VA rep. yesterday evening. Setting up the inspection time and date, trying to get everyone on board etc. All parties agreed to be there etc.

2) The earliest version of this song was a poem co-written by Meghan and her brother as a gift to their mom. Do you enjoy writing/crafting/baking or [insert your skill here] gifts for people?

I enjoy baking and cooking. If you visit us, and leave hungry, that is your fault. grin

3) Meghan's mom ran Jewel of the Isle, a jewelry store in Nantucket, MA. Have you ever visited Massachusetts? If so, where have you gone?

Yes; Stockbridge (home to the Red Lion Inn) and Boston. Both loves of mine. We use to spend Thanksgiving's at the Red Lion Inn.

4) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and dozens of other special occasions. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?

Hmm...I have to think...because the card(s) are still sitting here. grin

5) While Crazy Sam was growing up, her mother used to scold her for leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as an adult she still puts off washing her dishes. Are you more like mother or daughter? Do you clean up after every meal, or do you let the dishes stack up?

Clean as I go and clean up after every meal.

6) Mother's Day is for grandmothers, too. Sam grew up calling her grandmother "Grandgran." What did you call your grandmother?

Grandma

7) The German word for "mother" is "mutter." What other German words do you know?

Guten Morgen

8) In the United Kingdom, Mothering Sunday is celebrated. It's on the fourth Sunday in Lent (March 14 this year) and in addition to flowers and cards, mothers are treated to Simnel cake. Are you going to indulge in any sweets this weekend?

I don't know what the husband and son have planned. I would venture to say probably. 

9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite: Hershey Bars! Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate with almonds?

Classic Milk Chocolate. I am allergic to Almonds.


Wishing each of you a very happy day. 

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you and glad to hear. Hoping things go well for you on the house.. it looks like a winner, if not this one I am sure one will come along for you... Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just sadden we won't be moving south...but it is what it is and have to make the best out of it. Not much to pick out of here (house wise)-wishing you a happy day, Bunk. smiles

      Delete
  2. We have the same answers for #5, #6 and #9.
    Anxious to find out about the job and the home!
    Have a nice weekend.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anxious seems to be my word too, smiles. Have a beautiful weekend, smiles.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear more about your new job! I am glad you have more clarity on where you are supposed to live! That house is adorable! I hope you get it. God has everything in control. How fun! Have a nice weekend and Happy Mother's Day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori...unfort...it is what it is, about NOT moving south...sigh.

      Delete
  4. Oh Linda, I hope you get the house. It looks so nice out in the country. I am interested to to hear your job news. I am sure you will well. I do respect you not taking a job because of the vaccine. You have to do what is best for you. I bet you are counting the days to leave your current job. Do you have to give a two week notice? Have a Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are disappointed to not be moving south, but it seems as though things are coming together for you to stay in NY. I love that house, and even though I don't know anything about the new job, I pray it will be a much better situation than where you are currently. And I believe God will bless you for honoring your commitment to take care of the inlaws. I know that is a big issue, certainly not a very pleasant one from what I've heard, but I truly believe God is going to bless you for your faithfulness even to difficult situations. We moved back to Florida 20+ years ago to be near our parents as they aged, and took our turns caring for both sets of parents, (although my FIL had passed before we moved back, but John's mother was definitely in need of family support). I have never regretted moving back here, even though it meant we left one of our precious sons and our only grandchild in Maine, and then that son later got cancer and died. We tried to move back up there during that time, but the way was blocked every way we tried. At the time I was pretty frustrated and unhappy, but still God blessed us for our faithfulness to our parents here, and there really wasn't much we could do for our son there. His wife had things "in control", and we weren't "needed", if you get my drift. But still, God really did have it in control, and so we thank Him for that. Okay, sorry to talk so long. I am praying for you and trusting God to bring it all together for your good. Romans 8:28. That's all folks! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Sigh* Well, everything happens (or doesn't) for a reason. At least, look at all the $ you'll be saving on a moving truck! Can't wait to hear about the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure hope the house comes through!! It looks perfect, Linda! Good luck on the job. Sorry you had to turn down six figures because of the vaccine. Most of my friends here, and myself, have had the vaccine with no problems. No different from the flu shot every year. But... we all have to do what is best for ourselves. Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I was talking to our HR lady, there are just so many unknowns and it really concerns me. We both agree its a personal choice and NO ONE should be pushed into it or feel either or. I would never knowingly hurt someone Terri, including you. We all do whats best etc. I get it and understand etc. I apologize if I caused any hard feelings etc. smiles

      Delete
  8. Lots of news yet to come. It is nice to know where you stand. Not knowing takes a toll on a person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a lovely home and property. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. That is a beautiful home and piece of property. I hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to hear about this job!
    The house is really cute and I hope it works out for you. Sorry about not going south though.
    Dark Chocolate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great you've lost 25 lbs. Well done you! Hope it's not stress related, though. All y'all have had enough of that already.
    You should enjoy living there in that nice house. Seems to have a nice view too, with the river and all. If y'all still wanna move South at some point, things should calm down after awhile and the housing bubble burst, prices will level off. They always do. Bloom where you're planted, is my philosophy. God's will be done.
    Sending Love & Prayers To You On Mother's Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure some of it is stress, if not a lot of it. My numbers/blood work look good etc...and the cholestrol has gone done a lot too etc. I would prob. say being employed does a person good, LOL.

      Delete
  13. Linda, hope the house goes through for you all. It looks like a beauty. I am sorry that the job you really wanted fell through because they required the vaccine. Well done on your weight loss! I enjoyed reading the answers to the Saturday questions. I am a card/note/letter sender.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)