Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Currently...

 Y'all I am not up to par for the Memes. Wayyyyyyyyy to much thinking...and frankly, my brain is tired, grin. 


So, how about a current -Currently. Linking back to Stacy.

The Weather...yesterday was a blasted humid 82*, 82* in the middle of May- Usually unheard of. It is currently 64* and sunny at 8:50 am. 

Reading...our landlady gave me 2 bags of books to go through...excellent book. I started reading it last night and I am already on page 100.


The funny thing is, I know the landmarks; Geneseo, Consensus Lake, Dansville. All in this area where we currently live.

Feeling...tired. After standing outside in the heat and sun all day yesterday, I am worn out. Oh by the way, my job position abruptly ended yesterday. With our King Governor announcing that vaccinated people dont have to wear masks anymore, Walmart is ending the job position of Health Ambassador and going to the merit / honor system. HOWEVER, that does NOT apply to employees. Where does that currently leave me? I don't know.

Thinking...not that I really care about above...I did get hired on at a another place, and will learn shortly when I will start (thanks to a surprise call Monday asking me to come in for a meet and greet with the Grocery Manager). NOT the overnight position I was seeking, but another position that is using my education.

Thankful...for the opportunity to begin a relationship with this other company. Which is a family orientated company. I should know in a day or so or maybe a week, I was suppose to know yesterday when I went in, but HR had to leave...all is good. He said he was hiring me.

What's on Tap for the Day? (I made this one up, grin)--we are very busy...house hunting. We have three properties to go look at today, 2 up in Amish Country. All are approved VA/Veterans.

First up is a house on 2 acres and 2 car garage, and has a sep. business on the property, which interests my husband. I am not really sold on the house, as its quite ugly on the inside, but we shall go and view it.


Second is this house; also on 2 acres. I really like this property as it has a full finished walkout basement apartment; kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. The house inside is quite nice. It don't look like much from the outside, but the inside, wow. 


...and third, back to Alleghany County (we live in Steuben). 3.4 acres. Beautiful inside as well.

So, that is where we are at...getting close to nailing down a place to live.

21 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Linda! Beginning Friday through Monday, the heat (90s) and humidity are expected. Good Grief, it is only May. Praying one of the homes works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ick...yeah, I was reading the same here. lol Have a great day friend.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Linda! Thanks for the compliments about my blog. I truly appreciate it. :) Isn't it so neat when you read a book and you know the setting personally? It almost brings it alive even that much more. Not that I have been to Nantucket Island but I read books that are all set there and if I was ever to go, I think it would just feel like home to me. lol Good luck with your new job! And if it were up to me, I would go with the house in Alleghany County! Such a beautiful part of the state! (we go camping there on occasion.) Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jules! Unfort. Alleghany has real high taxes. We shall see...the house is small only like 1,000 sq. feet. The next time your this way, let me know grin.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you get a lot for the money....good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunk...yes, the wider the search, the more land aka more bang for the buck. Since hubby wants land, ok then...lol.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! I hope one of the houses will work out for you all. Also, good luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy...we shall see with all of it, lol.

      Delete
  5. How exciting with the new job and (maybe) a new home? Eeeeeek ... tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad for you. With a new job and 3 prospects for a new home, it sounds like life is on the up swing. Have a great week. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I'm glad everything's comin' up roses for y'all. You deserve it. I just wish it was further South ... *sigh* Forgive me for being selfish. Feeling happy for ya.
    Still praying for you all.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda! Well it sounds like things are looking up for you. All of those properties look great - all that green, lush land around them! My big sister (who lives in New York - over in Corinth) grew up in Amish country. We were not raised together, but she was raised in Johnstown, PA and loves that area. Congrats on the new position. I hope everything works out well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A lot happening at once! I am happy about the new job prospect. It sounds much better for you...I hope? You will have to let us know more as you know more for sure about it. And all three houses look nice. It all depends on location and if the house itself meets your needs/expectations. They all look nice. I think the 2nd one sounds most interesting. Praying for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well! This is an exciting post! Best wishes on the new job, and I can't wait to hear about the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope you get the best place possible and that the new job is sensational .

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the houses sound interesting and look very nice in the pictures. I can't wait to hear how the tours went! Our WM and I guess all of them around here are "honor" system for the public. Employees have to show proof of vaccine or wear a mask. Most places are switching to the honor system. I don't know how they are handling employees. What a world we live in, eh? It's ridiculously hot here, too. Like 90 this coming Sunday. In May!!! What the frack?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those prices are amazing! You can't even get a condo for that price out here. Praying you get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! I like house number 3. I hope that the house hunting goes well. I also hope that your new work related adventure proves to be a blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks as if you have some good choices there. Small is not a bad thing...😉 At my age, I don't want to clean much more than I have here to clean. Well, I was shocked that your gov is moving faster than mine. I truly am trusting God to get this country straightened around. It'll be very painful to go on like this. All the best with the new situations. 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely possibilities and congrats on the new job. I hope you love it. I guess thoughts of moving South are off the table? Forgive me, I've not been able to keep up with my blog reading like used to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are happy with the new job. The right house will attach itself to you and that will be it. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)