Sunday, May 23, 2021

Nope, No Go Sunday Salon

My husband heard from the realtor yesterday and its a nope, no go on the house. The owner accepted a higher bid. So, that's that. Moving right along. Thank you all for the kind words on yesterdays post. Didn't mean to bring up such memories, but since the husband was discussing it, it was on my mind. As much as I would love to move back south to be near friends and church family, it is what it is.


Time: 9:40 a.m.

Scene: a balmy 75* 

Drinking: second cup of 


with Italian Cream

Pondering:

1. I suppose I ought to get around...still in pj's

not my photo

2. Going to make stuffed peppers for dinner. Wegmans had a great buy on peppers.

my photo last fall

3. Hubby wants to take a drive. I suggested Keuka Lake. He gave me a look---so I suppose that's a no. {{grin}}


4. I ordered 3 pairs of work pants from Dickies. My new employer requires black pants, no jeans allowed. I normally don't wear a dress pant or twill, but it is what it is. Hubby suggested Dickies 774 work pant. Room to move around in, so he says. 

5. 2 houses that came on the market last night. Houses are moving fast here. Which really has us wondering why.

6. Pondering...seriously, about compromising on where to live. Perhaps our dreams are beer dreams on a water budget...hardee har har {{grin}}


Its finally flip flop wearing here...my feet hate shoes...so at least on Sundays I get to wear flip flops. {{grin}}

18 comments:

  1. Dickies are a great idea for work pants. They are pretty comfortable.
    So sorry about the house. We are doing some cosmetic renovations then putting Mom's on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. I am going to check out those pants. I need something like that for school. I don't wear dresses or skirts to school very often, but like to look somewhat professional. When do you start the new job? I will tell you that real estate is crazy all over. The house we paid $273,000 for in 2016 (see my last post for a picture) would now sell for close to $500,000 with multiple bids!! It is so crazy. Where people get the incomes to qualify for houses that expensive I have no idea. Will keep you in prayer that you can find the perfect place for you and your family. I always enjoy hearing about what is going on in your world. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your house, that is the way the market is here in Florida it is a sellers market now but if the idiot in Washington continues destroying the economy soon it will b a buyers market. God is in control you have a good attitude and eventually you will find your dream home

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your house, that is the way the market is here in Florida it is a sellers market now but if the idiot in Washington continues destroying the economy soon it will b a buyers market. God is in control you have a good attitude and eventually you will find your dream home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuffed peppers is one of my favorite meals too. Steve makes one that is out of this world good with lots of spices and no carb's (no rice). He boils the pepper before baking so they're nice and soft. Very tasty.
    Nice looking pants. They should be comfortable and dressy. Hope they are. I'm a fan of the Duluth brand 'cause they're American made and cut for real women's figures. I have hips you know designers! *lol* This brand costs more but they last a long time and always fit my curvy shape.
    You'll find a house! That is surprising that they're selling so fast as most people are living New York like it's on fire. NY even lost a seat in the House (YES!!). Just keep looking.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real estate is crazy all over the US and the prices are going up fast. It's a sellers market. Maybe people are buying because they want to get in on what could be the last of a low interest home mortgage. I don't know but it's crazy and I am glad I am sitting this out.

    Regarding living where you never thought you would be living. Same here but I have grown to love it here and could never go back to the bay area again. My motto is Bloom where you are planted.

    Take Care and happy house hunting with many blessings to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww man! I'm sorry you didn't get that house! There is a better one out there for you! The real estate marked is crazy here right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry the house is not the one. Our daughter went through this 2 years ago and it was disheartening. But in the end - God had a plan, and I know he does for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn! I'm sorry the house didn't work out. Trust God on that one, too. If He didn't put you in that one then He has a better one out there waiting just for you and it will be yours when the time is right.
    Yum, love stuffed peppers!
    I'm living in flip-flops, too. No matter what size or width shoe I get if it has a closed toe my toes end up jammed up in there and then I have pain. My piggies like their freedom! lol
    I hope you have a good day off. Other than church and a trip to Wally World, I have been hiding in front of the AC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The real estate market is crazy here, as well. Pastor Janet's place sold in a day for more than her asking price! My son predicts that bubble's going to burst, sooner rather than later.
    Those peppers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Houses are moving everywhere...people put off moving last year are now on the move. I would think with the people in NY wanting to move south, there should be some good bargains up there to be had. I am sure God will lead you to the place of His choice. Just keep looking, but don't get in a panic. The right house will be there at the exact right time. Wait on the Lord...He will lead you in the right direction. I am so happy you have a new job coming up, and I pray it will be a positive move for you in every way. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We are all here to pray for you and cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to ask about a dress code for my new job. I will see them on Wednesday afternoon so hope I remember to ask. I may need a link for your Dickies!! So sorry you missed out on that house but (I know you know) God is in control so that one just wasn't meant to be. Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. God is surely in control sweet Linda. Girl, I haven't made stuffed peppers in a long while. Might need too now! YUM! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. ..."beer dreams on a water budget...", so funny. My feet also hate shoes, I have some wide flat boots that work, but then it's straight to the Birkenstocks...until around November again. Too bad about the house, it's a really tough time to be looking for one. I'll be praying though, and you'll end up where you're supposed to be. (maybe you'll fine one over this way...!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear that house fell through! There is one out there in the Lord's plan for you. I hope you like the Dickies pants you ordered. Stuffed peppers sound yummy; it has been over 35 years since I have had one. Why? Because the husband is allergic to bell peppers. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck... just keep on truckin!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda, I need that pillow! :) I live in my flip flops! Sorry to hear that's a no-go on the house. The right one will come along! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just keep looking and you will find the right place. I am a flip flop girl too and so glad it is that time of year. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)