Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

 


Nothing really new to report. We did go yesterday and look at a lovely house on 1.42 acres in the next village over. We actually stayed up into way past midnight discussing this. Offers are not being taken until Thursday. More discussions are on tap for today; there are no other offers so to speak, various reasons on to why (we have a thought, here is why, look closely).


Anyways...not that would bother us, our city is already close to the rail lines.


I don't want to wish anyone a Happy Memorial Day because truly it is not a Happy day, it is a rather somber day to reflect. 

12 comments:

  1. Have a great day Linda... enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Bunk...we are not doing much today.

      Delete
  2. I like all that foliage! Our home is close(ish) to the rail lines, too. Rather than a bother, I enjoy hearing the early morning horn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the house, and if that is where you are meant to be it will work out. If not, there's still something even better waiting. Perhaps Memorial Day isn't a "Happy" holiday per se', but yet it is a good thing for us to remember that we could not be so happy if it weren't for these sacrifices made for our country's freedoms. I am happy to live in the land of the free, but I don't take it for granted one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the offer on Thursday! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is lovely. Fingers crossed, whatever your decision is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of that house... and its blue too...although lighter than ours. The railway lines wouldnt bother me. If you love it and its meant to be...well.... fingers crossed
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel doubly blessed that there are men and women that still love our Country and are willing to at least try to keep us free.
    That driveway at the house ... I'm wondering if it can maybe be paved? Or put down something other than gravel. It is steep and, as a motorcyclist, I'll tell ya, gravel is not safe. One of our local companies offers by the cute nickname of "crush and run" as an alternative. It's recycled tires, I think. Don't know how that would work for y'all or if it's available.
    Good luck!
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is close to a railroad track but a lovely house anyway! Good luck if you make an offer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please thank your husband for his valiant service. The house looks interesting. Hope things work out, if that is in God's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a pretty place and if the railroad is keeping other people away, that's a bonus! Our first house was near railroad tracks and you get so you don't even notice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)