Friday, May 28, 2021

Currently...

 Linking back to my good friend Stacy.


currently...44* and pouring rain (to which I am truly dreaming of being at the beach, with Ann).


Reading...nothing yet. I have a bag of books to go through.

Feeling...happy now that at 1:30 today I walked out of my job to never return there again as an employee. The folks that truly mattered were in the break room when I went back to collect my things. All were waiting. It was nice-I told them to stop or I would cry and for the record, I don't cry. Happy that I start somewhere else next week. I have four glorious days to relax.

Thankful...for the 9 months that I was there. But also thankful I am no longer saddled with it. I knew nearly 30 days ago that when management "Told me to go stand outside where I belong" I knew then I had to make a decision. 26 days and two job offers later, I am elated to join a nice family company. I have already completed the Onboard Training, filled out all the paperwork etc. "Welcome aboard" emails and phone calls were nice. Onward to another journey, Lord knows it will be a journey.

Cooking...believe it or not, hubby fried up some Sahlen Hot Dogs. I know, hot dogs...but they were good.

Laugh a Little...


come on...that was funny. {{{grin}}}



Thinking...somewhere a long the way the last many months or so, I lost the ability to laugh and even crack a smile. Lord knows I have no sense of humor, LOL.

Hmm...so when I pulled into a parking space at the Beauty Salon Wednesday...


Their store front was bare...bare...usually its nicely decorated.


Hmmm...so I was reassured it would be decorated by Memorial Day. I/we shall see...

Memorial Day...speaking of Memorial Day, we are allowed to have a parade here! Hopefully common sense is coming back. I wouldn't hold my breath, folks are taking "this vaccinated folks can go mask less but the rest can't" a little too far---there are several businesses who have decide to mandate showing your vaccination card to get in. Horrible, better leave it there.


For me, currently its a cup of coffee, which I didn't get any this morning due to the fact I sorta dragged my feet and thought about using my vacation time, but I didn't.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations, missy!!! So, when's the big reveal where you're headed? Hope you'll be in a position (maybe) to bring over some of those nice folks from WM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 WM employees have left (yesterday) 3 of us are going over to where I will be working. I shall email you.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your next adventure... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - I'm glad those that mattered were there for you. It's been a rough haul but you made it! Can't wait to hear more about the new job! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are free of that horrid job. I can already sense a lightness of spirit that has been missing. I get it. An awful job (or boss) can really take a toll. Here's to better days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. I hope you like your new job better than #1 retailer. I will look forward to finding more about your new employer and your new job. Hope you enjoy some time off toe rest and relax. Have a good Memorial day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! I’m so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. Have a beautiful weekend. smiles

      Delete
  7. Congrats on bidding that job good-bye! Looking forward to hearing about your next assignment! Enjoy the weekend, Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a relaxing weekend, Linda. Looking forward to hearing about the adventures at your new job. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you to find a new job and hope it will be much better than the last. Write and tell me all about it. Enjoy the 'in between' time to relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did well to stick with your job that long. Hope that you purchased whatever things you might need with your discount and then it is very easy to say "so long."

    Here's to a wonderful four days and a job that you will very much enjoy.

    Suddenly, overnight, masks are gone here and all those filthy dividers and the arrows on the floors. I have only seen one sign, which said, "Stay a cow's width away." What? 😳

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new job! I am truly thrilled for you and I hope it's everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am playing catchup. I am reading in reverse and so now you've answered my questions in the newer post. So glad you are DONE at WM. Can't wait for you to love your new place...I think they will treat you with the dignity you deserve. Praying so. I am glad to know that you had a nice day today with your boys. Brighter days are ahead for you. You survived, and now God has bigger and better things ahead. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)