First let me say a big hearty THANK YOU for the birthday wishes. Since we are essentially in "locked down" or as our 80 something year old landlady said yesterday, "House arrest." We did nothing, I worked on Spanish homework and with the Distance Learning now, the State of NY has changed the GPA requirements, no longer is a D passing (according the email). I digress, more on that later...anyways, I made a pot of chili (everything is closed-can't even call out for a pizza) and my moms Rum Cake. All is good here.
Here are the questions for this week:
Every single day I wake up and I think, "Wow, how lucky am I." Not just one thing inspires me, everyday simple things do.
2. Convince us to read one of your favorite books.
Not really one of my favorites...but since I am currently working on my final paper for the Directed Study on The Suffragists Movement.
I am really not going to convince anyone to read this...but let me say, there are so many untold stories of everyday folks who made a difference. Since my brain is always on overload on such things...
3. What meal does your family just love and will you share the recipe?
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy.
Meatloaf:1 lb of ground beef, 1 lb of ground pork. Mix both with bread crumbs, various seasonings such as Italian seasoning, 1 egg and then make into a loaf, pour ketchup on top and bake it 385 for an hour.
4. In Brambly Hedge they make Rose Petal Jam.
What kind do you like and why?
I prefer
I know, its not a product from the USA. Why? Because it is good.




I enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteYour meatloaf recipe looks delicious. Have a great Tuesday.
It is...well, at least I have never had any complaints, lol.
DeleteMeatloaf and the fixin's seem to be my grand and greats favorite meal. Every time I'm staying with them, my granddaughter won't let me make it because she 'does it better' LOL And, she does.
ReplyDeleteNow, of course that sounds good but I betcha our grocery doesn't have the ground beef. Guess I'll find out.
Take care, Linda. I always enjoy visiting your 'bright spot' .
xoxo
Yeah...our store shelves are empty...so, highly doubtful of adding meat to the meals after this week...just saying.
DeleteSo, they have closed the restaurants to take-out now? We still have that and only a handful of counties are under mandatory "house arrest." But hey, the day is young. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI recently read "Finding Dorothy" which tells the story of Frank L. Baum's wife and in a roundabout way, Frank's. What I hadn't known before is that his wife's mother was one of the leading suffragist of the day. His wife called Susan B. Anthony "Aunt Susan." There is a lot of info about life for women in "Finding Dorothy" and how it shaped Mrs. Baum. You might find it interesting.
here in Hornell, yes...my understanding is one get Taco Bell or BK drive thru. But since the pizza places are eat in, they closed. I sent my son over yesterday as they weren't answering the phones and sure enough, they were closed.
DeleteI will look that up, thanks. smiles
So glad that you made your day a great one. I had take-out pizza yesterday; Thanks be to God. One can only make it so many days without her favorite pizza. I can’t imagine that your state is locked down so tight that not even take-out is available. It seems unnecessarily punitive. How are truckers able to move product?
ReplyDeleteohhhhhhhhhhh Taco Bell and BK are open/drive through. Dont get me going...on this.
DeleteOh and the shelves are empty here as well...I dont know how the truckers are doing, the rest stops are closed too.
We had meatloaf yesterday! Hubby can't eat pork. He likes to add grated cheese.
ReplyDeleteMy mom made it with pork when I was kid (and she still does). So, traditions remain. I know someone else who can't have pork either.
Deleteno, NY has not officially closed the restaurants for take out, but many have chosen to close.
ReplyDeleteThe Chinese takeout I usually buy from has closed, the racists have been out in force and blame Asian Americans for this horrible virus
No, not officially, but folks seem to be taking the threats as such. (and I say threats and mis communications as well.)
DeleteOur one and only Chinese take out closed temp. the sign says due to the virus. No racists attacks here in Hornell. It must be a "big city" issue, so I have been reading. The folks who run it are fine folks and everyone knows it.
Yeah, tons of stories, some of them awful what the suffragettes went through especially in jail..just awful.
ReplyDeleteMy meathloaf will not have the pork.. I just use beef.
I know you don't make it with the pork, my mom always did, so...now I do...well, I always have. smiles
DeleteToday is a good day to have a good day, and I hope you have a good day! lol
ReplyDelete((hugs))
You sound like a Dr. Suess character (giggling and smiling bigly).
DeleteI absolutely love those jam products.. We find it here at Fresh Market!
ReplyDeleteSometimes Wegmans & Walmart has it and sometimes they don't. Fitpatricks (farm market) doesn't carry the brand. smiles
DeleteMmmmmm on the meatloaf! 1/2-and-1/2 meat products, hmm? It's been a long time since I made one. Tom enjoys the version containing cheddar cheese (inside and atop), leaving out the ketchup.
ReplyDeleteyessssssssssssssss...1/2 and 1/2. Cheddar cheese? Not so sure about that one, LOLOL.
DeleteMeatloaf is not Joe's favorite but he always enjoys it when I make it. Fun questions again this week!
ReplyDeleteWe are shut down, but restaurants still have drive through service.
ReplyDeleteYour meat loaf sounds really good. I've never had it with pork in it, but will try it out!
Your meatloaf recipe sounds good. My daughter in law uses a lb. of sausage in her meatloaf with the beef. That is really good too! I've started putting BBQ sauce on top instead of ketchup...adds a little zing to it. I love meatloaf sandwiches after...hot or cold... Sorry you couldn't go out for your birthday, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway. I do hope the stores can get caught up soon with stocking. I know it's crazy everywhere. Praying for a positive turnabout soon. Take care and stay healthy.
ReplyDeleteBeing on house arrest certainly isnt easy but we have each other, enough food and tv and books to read. I am bored at times and wish I could get out of the house and just go somewhere - anywhere, but that will come in time. We are meatloaf lovers here too! Happy Wednesday.
ReplyDelete