Monday, March 16, 2020

Woman's Daybook...

Oh yes, a second post! I have had enough of the news, have had enough of homework, have had enough of dealing with Humana/prescriptions (by the way, did you know if you have Humana you can get your prescriptions delivered via mail? Amazing!)...so...here we are...a second post!


Out My Window:


Alias, do not look at my dirty windows. Bright and sunny, only like 48* though.

I am thinking...

Enough of this panic, people...Governor Cuomo making more directives...this is going to kill our local small town economy.

I am thankful...

So many things. Not just one thing in particular

I am remembering...

How much I detest having to take this Spanish class...it is a constant reminder, just keeping it real.

On my mind...

My son arrived home early. The library is mandated to close indef. to the coronavirus. I am worried about folks who have jobs, who have to close their businesses due to this, worried about how folks are going to make ends meet etc. I believe there is something going on here, something sinister like an underlying issue like crashing the economy on purpose. I just don't know...keeping it real.

I am Pondering...

Japanese Cherry Blossoms

From the Kitchen...

Looks like I will be baking birthday cakes instead of buying them...

I am wearing...

Blue jeans, grey v neck long sleeve shirt, zippered sweater with snowball print, no sock, no shoes, just my Mama Bear slippers.

I am Creating...

hmm...nothing yet.

I am going...

No where, lol. Will be walking back to where the washer and dryer are  (back of the house), and doing laundry.

I am reading...

 A bunch of books on the Suffragist movement for my final paper and of course, Spanish and thankful for translators on the computer, hey, sorry folks, is that cheating? Maybe...but at this point, I really don't care (There it is! My bad attitude). Like a near 53 year old woman who has a midwestern/southern twang is ever going to speak it correctly!

I am hoping...

For a divine miracle concerning this corona virus...hey, keeping it real.

Around the house...


Keeping it ultra real...my books concerning this final paper have taken over the sitting room.

One of my favorite things...




a late afternoon pick me up i.e. coffee. 'Mama' needs it, lol. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...

St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow; corned beef, potatoes, sauerkraut, carrots. Wednesday-nothing. Thursday is my husbands' birthday, Friday my mother-law will insist on us doing her grocery shopping...don't know how that will work out since the shelves are currently empty.


--Just remember that folks--

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’ve got plenty to keep you busy.

    We will get through this crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm more than a little envious of your still getting to wear sweaters and Mama Bear slippers. It was like 85* here yesterday. (boo-hiss!) I, too, am concerned about the C-word's repercussions on local economies. Praying for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your honey bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda - I totally get it. It's hard to concentrate on classes with all that is going on right now. There are sure going to be negative repercussions for the economy - that is for sure. Good to know that God's got this. We'll get through it. See you again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry Blossoms!!! Have you ever gone to D.C. during the height of the season? My son was in the Old Guard, Army, (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier), and marched in the parade a few years back, it was absolutely gorgeous. Walking around with those trees in full bloom, yes, gorgeous. It was crowded but worth it. We were thinking of going this year, but oh well, not happening. My son was stationed at Fort Myer, so we visited Arlington so many times for a few years there. He lives in Fairfax now, but I think he might come up here for the duration of this... I like that you wear Mama Bear slippers. Also, keep blogging! When I sit in my comfy chair and peruse my favorite blogs, it makes me happy! So consider your writing a gift, and keep it coming! We need to keep in touch with each other, encourage each other, the days stuck inside are going to get long!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen it in person! How sad is that? I have always wanted too, smiles.

      Oh, I'll keep blogging...just wary of the naysayers/trolls out there...just affects a person mentalness, grin. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

      Delete
  6. The panic is insane and the greed is overwhelming. You know the bad person in movies who won't help anyone else? I feel like those people have taken over.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)