Had my monthly haircut yesterday and thought since I was about and out, stop by the thrift store...why not, it was pouring rain, right?
![]() |
| not my photo...took it off the internet.Yep, there is a beautiuful gown in the window and it sure makes me smile and the shop is decorated in a French flair. |
(what a day to get ones hair done, just saying)
Onwards to the thrift store finds.
Onwards to the thrift store finds.
My affection for Green Depression glass has really hit a plateau, so to speak. $5 for the juicer.
I tried to get a good photo...the condiments relish dish has a lace like design. This was $6.
Yeah...I might have a problem. LOL
...and yes, they do glow green, all the pieces have Uranium in them, I do carry a small UV flashlight, by the way, I am sure people think I am cuckoo for coca puffs. You can use the dishes, just make sure it doesn't chip.
A .50 cent doll chair, for my dollhouse. You know, because the little guy who lives in the dollhouse never has enough chairs to sit in (wink, our grand niece claims there is a little guy that lives in the house-I suppose I ought to correct her, but really, I'll encourage the imagination).
...and lastly, I also have a thing for old/antique tea towels-I dont think this one is old, but I liked it...I think it was only .50 cents as well.








Oh boy, another thing we can do when we meet up. I hit the thrift shops at least once a week. I don't always find anything, but it's the thrill of the hunt! I don't collect depression glass so we won't have to fight over that. I look at crystal, figural planters, and books but am open to ANY other good stuff. :) I love that your niece thinks someone lives in the dollhouse. I'd nurture that imagination, too. Have a wonderful day, Linda!
ReplyDeleteNow, I don't collect or even particularly like crystal, lol. Now, we can fight over books, LOLOL. I Love books, smiles. Maybe we ought to move to PA and we can open a book store together? smiles
DeleteAwesome finds, Linda. I love shopping at thrift stores too and finding "treasures." Have a good day. P.S. Would love an update on your son and his job search and what he's doing now. You don't post too much about him. Have a great day!
ReplyDeletesmiles...
DeleteAwesome green glass.
ReplyDeleteWe have a few pieces of red Depression-era glass. My father said it used to be handed out at movie theaters.
I like the red, and I have heard that story before--my mom I think mentioned it. s miles
DeleteP.S. I am not jaded by Trump (I often say I don't care for his comments etc.). I just find BOTH sides are driving me INSANE! Grin
YIKES...My kind of shopping! I would love to go thrifting with you! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteOh gurl, you and I would get along etc. smiles
DeleteLove the green depression glass. I have two green depression glass cruets with pink glass tops that were handed down to me from my grandmother. They are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhhh I love the pink!!!! smiles
Deleteoooooooo...I love your finds, nothing beats thrift store shopping!!
ReplyDeleteLove that relish dish! I, too, love visiting thrift shops. As a matter of fact, I'm going to take myself on a date for my birthday. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat finds! You're gonna be all set for that Farm House y'all want with all these pretty country look decorations.
ReplyDeleteLove ~:)
Oh what fun! That helps take the "depression" out of the current situation, finding some great "depression glass" to add to the collection! I didn't know it actually glowed! Interesting! Wow. Love the little chair for the dollhouse and for the little guy who lives there. What's wrong with that???? I love antique linens, and that one looks authentic enough to enjoy in your farmhouse kitchen!! Perfect. Your post has made me smile today. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteGood finds, Linda!! I have a few pieces of pink Depression Glass. It is all beautiful!
ReplyDelete