Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Salon


Time:  9:50 am

Scene: 51* and cloudy

Today's Plan: Was suppose to take our usual Sunday drive. Thanks to the whiny governor, we are now under a Travel Advisory, no non essential travel now.

Drinking: second cup of  Highlander Grogg coffee with Irish crème.

Listening to: Hubby on the phone with his brother.

Reading: various news

Pondering: the latest news; Florida roadblocks, Rhode Island hunting down New Yorkers, Alabama and Kansas enforcing strict curfews, NY and the travel advisory, In Maine

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maine-coronavirus-armed-vigilantes-chop-down-tree-block-driveway-force-neighbor-quarantine

Plans this week: Day whatever in 'house arrest'. Perhaps I ought to start a journal-reading various Twitter accounts that are darn right funny of folks and their journals.


Have a great day all.

19 comments:

  1. I actually got out of the house Friday, went to two different drug stores but actually scored Tylenol. Who would have thought that a trip to CVS would be considered such a treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Imagine my surprise when I saw the food shelves in Walmart pretty much packed, WOW, I almost hugged the shelves (lol). It is what it is, Robin, sigh. We don't have a CVS here just a Walgreens and Walmart. We get our prescriptions from Walmart--OH! There is not Tylenol or such items/paper products/ cleaning/ anti viral spray etc. there at Walmart. Shocking, still.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your Sunday Salon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'powers that be' won't let me access your reference to Maine. But I figure it's more disturbing fodder, meant to distract. I no longer have a Twitter account, but laughter's always a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, Blogger is not allowing for whatever reason Fox News...

      Delete
  4. Happy Sunday, Linda.
    These are strange days we are living in, aren't they?
    Hugs from PA!
    Stay safe and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are caregivers for my mother in-law and her husband...it hasn't been easy; emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I'll head over to visit you in a few minutes, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you see what some folks think of New Yorkers not staying home. Good heavens! Hope it doesn’t get any uglier. We also have two doctors ill with the virus in that general vicinity as well. The article says that they were not in touch with patients in recent days. Try to get some idiot to believe that! I’m sorry that your drive has been nixed. Some of us are, after all, getting mighty antsy, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my husband thinks, Vee, it will get much uglier. We have 19 confirmed in the county and 1 here (down from 3, 2 tested false--but was reported as positive).

      It's ok about the drive, and think getting antsy is the truth of all this. I think at some point, folks are just going to say ENOUGH, especially when rent, mortgages, utilities, and so on can't be met. Especially when folks can't go to work etc...but, the awful truth, Vee, is that is what the government wants; depended on them.

      Delete
  7. "Florida roadblocks, Rhode Island hunting down New Yorkers..." and "Maine"

    I read that about Rhode Island hunting down New Yorkers. What are they going to do when they find them? Baffling.

    I haven't seen anything about the Florida roadblocks, but I looked up the Maine news and I am just going to stop looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I know how depressing it is...the truth is out there, one just has to search for it. smiles.

      Delete
  8. Stay safe and well, Linda. Trying times for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watched our church service on Facebook, had a late breakfast and then sat out in the carport for an hour or so. Spoke with our neighbor, Sharon, for a bit and caught up on her news. Lots of solitary walkers out. It is hot but beautiful and sunny outside. Heat destroys the virus!! I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We now have 29 in our county - thankfully, deaths still holding at three. If banning non essential travel flattens the curve, I am for it. Being around people scares me now. Shopped at Wegmans on Friday and didn't want to get near anyone or anyone near me. I saw TP on the shelves and it was the highlight of my week. It's the true little things that count now. Today, took a walk on the West Side of Binghamton and saw the forsythias are almost out. The birds were singing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. State governors playing tin horn wannabe dictators. Imagine these morons as President? We'd be slaves of the state in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The beat goes on.... another day.....maybe some TP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No difference here and getting weary of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)