Yesterday evening we decided to put our gadgets away and enjoy some family time. We are so blessed to have a "kid" who still wants to hang out with us.
Decided to play Finger Lakes Opoly.
4 hours later, I was beat by a 22 year old loan shark, grin. Man, let me tell you, never ever play a game like this with him or the husband, ruthless, man, ruthless ((grin)).
Have a great day friends!



Wonderful! Very cheering post. 😁
ReplyDeleteThanks Vee! Of course, he is still smarting over his win, yeah, with the help of his dad, LOLOL. Ruthless, man, ruthless. lololol
DeleteHow fun! I keep thinking I want to play more games with Charly and even start (and finish) a puzzle. So far, I have been busy with other stuff, like working from home. I don't think Jodh would play with us. He might be "too cool." ;-) Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteOh, don't get me wrong, their were rumblings, Deb and I left it at that. I set the board game out and announced whoever wants to play, ok, if not, I'll play by myself (wink). Well, you know, more rumblings of beating the old lady proved to be more important than the gadgets, LOLOLOL
DeleteI hate regular Monopoly but have found the variations to be a lot of fun. I have the Big Bang Theory edition. I got my son's family the zombie edition and my son-in-law got the Cheater's edition. Tim and I haven't broken out the games yet, but I'm softening him up to the idea.
ReplyDeleteGreat Monday thought! Have a great day, Linda!
Well, Like I was just telling Deb, I set the board game out and announced whoever wants to play, ok, if not, I'll play by myself (wink). Well, you know, more rumblings of beating the old lady proved to be more important than the gadgets, LOLOLOL. I even got a "that was cool! Mom!"
DeleteMy daughters organized our game closet yesterday, and guess how many Monopoly games we had in there? Yeah, seven. Star Wars, Sponge Bob, Oswego-Opoly, Build It, Empire...putting away the devices and connecting is a really good thing. I am not a competitive person, but it's fun anyway.
ReplyDeleteI've been considering buying a few games like Monopoly or something like that. Just for hubby and me to have something to do other than sit in front of the tv and eat!
ReplyDeleteTrying to figure out how to do a game night via Skype or Zoom ...
ReplyDeleteYeah, I got beat by a 9-year old a few months ago. After that I put the game away and insisted we do a puzzle.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! 'Just wish I were a little mouse in the corner watching the action. Next time, won't you share a video? :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day yourself!
ReplyDeleteBoard games are great aren't they? Glad you enjoyed time together.
ReplyDeleteWe have Catopoloy... big surprise! Haven't played in a long, long time. Fun!
ReplyDeleteNice that your son wants to do this with the 'rents. Been so many years since I have played any board game! But I played games for many hours with my son when he was young, everything from Candy Land to Chutes and Ladders to Parcheesi, Sorry and The Game of Life. And then Monopoly. Hmmm, he hasn't asked for a virtual game night....
ReplyDeleteDid I lose my comment? lol
ReplyDeleteI'm glad y'all had a fun thing to do. Yes, the guys usually win.
This makes me miss my grandson who used to cheat at monopoly. :(
xoxo
Sounds like so much fun! We have a version around here called Allendaleopoly and they recently had it at Bob's store. I told him he should have gotten it!
ReplyDeleteReminded me of many happy hours playing cards.... I guess that is a thing of the past for families to do now days.
ReplyDelete