Good morning, another warm one on tap for the day, bought out the sandals...just too warm to wear regular shoes.
Welcome Friends to another Tuesday 4 started by Toni Taddeo and kept up in honor and memory of her.
Let's talk about starry nights....
1. Have you ever seen the milky way or been to one of the designated black out areas where no light can obscure the starry night? Yes...there are plenty of place to see the starry night...I have even seen the southern cross on one of our many adventures we have had.
2. "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament shows his handiwork."
Are you in awe of the starry skies. Do they inspire faith for you? Of course, they do...there is nothing like being in a dark place and looking up and seeing the beautiful starry night.
3. Have you ever wished upon a star or seen a meteorite fall to earth? Yes
4. Do you think money is wasted on the space program that might be better used on earth? Oh oh...I know me and Annie have spoken about this...as she and my son also have...I do not hold an opinion on either or. But let me tell you, living back here and watching the launches--it does give me some sort of pride and hope. The good Lord created the Heavens and the Earth. Just saying.
So, you all would be happy to know the bossman called me in for a little shouting match yesterday. I think (and he shouldn't of been) he was shocked I did stand on my own two feet. I will not ever be dressed down in front of an inmate, period. I also told him the next time, I will go above his head and make an incident report. ANYWAYS, we parted with no hard feelings. It took a while for him to understand where I was coming from.😉
Have a great day all.


Giggling over him being shocked that you stood on your own two feet, Linda! I'm glad things are sort of settled, but I am guessing it will happen again although I pray it doesn't. Regardless of place of employment, it is just wrong to be dressed down in front of students, other employees, customers, etc. I love a starry night.
ReplyDeleteA little snow here this morning! But it's melted.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for standing your ground. He should have known better anyway - and never allowed you to be talked to in front of an inmate.
Communication is always the root of (most) troubles. Glad you stood your ground and that he ended up understanding your POV. Hope things start improving going forward!! I love your new Christmas background!! I'm still missing Cutest Blog backgrounds. Where are you finding your cute ones now? xo
ReplyDeleteLinda, isn't there a nice job you could get somewhere? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that you don't give any kind of upper hand to inmates. But even in a regular office setting, any boss that berates you in front of your coworkers, customers, etc. is a butt head and really not equipped to be a leader. You deserve better and it's a big world out there. If this doesn't make you want to leave, you're a much nicer human than me :)
ReplyDeleteNothing makes me thank God more than seeing a myriad of stars in the sky. Hang in there, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI still think you should quit working for the prison and go be a public school teacher.
ReplyDeleteI just responded on your last post before this one. Had to go back and read it because I missed all the excitement yesterday. Glad you straightened him out. Thankfully, we know GOD is really the BOSS here, so you are covered and protected. No matter what happens...God's got you covered. Tonight just go out and look at the stars and thank the Lord for His beautiful creation. His power is infinite. Your boss is extremely finite and limited. He needs to look up at the stars too and see Who's really in charge. Amen.
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo, you go girl!
ReplyDelete... yep, to your feelings about witnessing those space launches. Some of my fondest memories.
Liam always had the best ideas about most things. I was so impressed by his knowledge and insight into things. You did a great job raising a fine young man. I think of him often. I am glad you stood up for yourself. I can't even imagine why it was hard for him to understand why it was wrong to talk to you in front of an inmate. That boggles my mind.
ReplyDeleteI saw a couple launches of the space shuttle when I lived in Florida, both outside of my work. It is amazing!
ReplyDelete