Weather...ha, I bet y'all are tired of reading this nonsense. At 7:25 am 80* and real feel is 88*. Another scorcher for the day.
Reading/Watching...not reading anything...does textbooks count? No... watching...nothing really. I haven't really had time to get caught up on YouTube.
Wearing: Khaki capris, black short sleeve blouse, and polka dotted flip flops, yep, for work.
Thinking...
--
Not enjoying...Yesterday (well, honestly the last 3 days) have been so hot. The ac went out in the portable yesterday. By 4 pm I was done...I cancelled classes, emailed Maintenace yet again, emailed the boss and I left. Sorry, boss, but it was 89* in the portable and 113* outside. The inmates were cranky and so was I. And yep, I told him that.
--
We desperately need some sort of relief from this weather.
Can you believe?
I know, tomorrow...can you believe it's the last day of July? Nope, nor can I... entering the hurricane season. Usually, it starts really cranking up August-October.
That's all I got...how boring is that? Just the same ole. lol
Wishing you all beautiful day. Stay cool.


Hope the A/C has been repaired in the portable, Linda. Thinking of you and hope you get some relief from this heat wave.
ReplyDeleteIt finally cooled off a little here and we actually had 1/2 inch of badly needed rain. I hope things improve for you soon!!
ReplyDeleteNo one needs to be out in this heat! Glad you cancelled class.
ReplyDeleteAugust will be another hot one...stay cool!
hugs
Donna
This summer has flown by, indeed, Linda. Hope you get some relief from your awful heat soon!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Wow, I sure hope they fix the AC in your classroom. I think that kind of heat and humidity would make me cranky too. Have a good Friday. Hopefully, things will cool down in your area a bit. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThis heat is miserable, and I am SO ready for fall! I don't blame you for going home early. Those portable buildings are miserable if you don't have AC. It would be like getting cooked in a tin can. Anyway, I hope they got it fixed. Going to classes and chapel services are about the only place the inmates can get any relief from the heat too, since I don't think their dorms have AC, do they? Or maybe the newer ones do? Yes, hard to believe tomorrow is August 1st. I am praying we manage to get by without any hurricanes this year, but I sure wish we'd get some good rain! Take care my friend. Praying today was a better day.
ReplyDeleteWith indoor temps like that, along with inmates, yes, I'd go home early, too! May we see the Lord's mercies in the hardships. They are there!
ReplyDeleteThat's cruel! Praying sometime before tomorrow morning Maintenance gets off their collective a** and pipes you some cool air!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine you not having AC at work with this heat! Glad you could cancel classes and head home. Ridiculous weather! Thank goodness for AC in the house, the car, and in the stores. Can't imagine not having it. Hang in there!! xo
ReplyDelete