Good evening from a very humid Central Florida, where the heat index has remained a steady 100-105* even at the present 6:40 pm.
So...currently...
No pool time...because we have had heavy rain every single evening since Monday. I suppose I could get it in right now, but its heat thundering and rain is supposed to start an hour or so...so yeah, no...I'll pass.
**the other night, it stormed so hard, a tree limb fell and broke the glass in our outdoor table. The rain has been a welcome sight...but it has been downright heavy, and the storms are something else.
Work situation...I'll tell you, there are folks in this world who will never accept responsibility. The person / coworker who has been stalking me got in trouble...she was told to stay away from me etc. The photos she took at the Summit/Conference, were taken down etc. No excuses for her behavior...the thought is she has no real friends etc...and she even said she wanted to be like me, she walked in there with a full face of makeup on and looking/dressing like me, 60 years old telling my / our boss how much she wanted to be like me...totally, "Girl, get your own life." was my thought. My boss really lit into her, I know, because I was there. Talk about creepy...sigh.
Drinking...a cup of Tiramisu coffee with Italian Creme. Which brings me too...
I am so tired/on the education / job front... I happy to announce I am going back to my old job, Mandatory Literacy this Monday. Unfort. my hours will be back to the hours of 9:30-6. One good thing is, I won't have to get up at 3 am no more. With all the federal cuts made by the current administration, many changes are on tap. What those changes are, no one knows...but it does trickle down to the states. No danger of losing my job. I do know one change is my student loans, so we shall see.
**the new guy has been trained, and he said he didn't need me anymore. ๐๐
Reading/Watching...nothing. I literally fell into bed at 6-6:30 this week.
Tomorrow...looks to be a nice day --so pool time will be plenty. I am looking forward to just floating the day away, lol.
Giggling at...
![]() |
| you know...this is a brilliant idea. Even with the shades up, it is hotter than hades. |
๐
That's all I got. Have a great evening.




Oh my gosh! That coworker definitely sounds unhinged!! YIKES!! I pray she will leave you alone! I've been catching up and it looks like you had some very nice accommodations for your conference. Glad you made it back ok and I hope you enjoy ALL the pool time tomorrow. You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteI think Oklahoma has merged with Florida as far as heat and humidity! It has been brutal! Today the heat index was 110* and expected to get worse over the weekend and next week. I'm old! I can't take it!
ReplyDeleteI hope your stalker will grow up and leave you alone. Freaky!
Grace & Peace,
Pam
That stalker chick is mentally disturbed - that is not normal behavior. I was reading about stalker behaviors and they don’t just stop. It’s a compulsion. That is just so creepy.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you can get some much needed rest this weekend, Linda, and stay as cool as you possibly can. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThe stalker might have taken her cues from "Single, White Female" which is very disturbing! What stable person acts like that?
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for your "stalker" co-worker. She obviously has some serious issues, and I'm glad it's been addressed, but I would steer clear of her as far as possible, but still, pray for her. And I hope your new/old position will be a good one, even though the later hours would be a challenge for me. Still, the good thing is you don't have to get up so early, that's a plus, but unless you do moonlight swims, you won't have much time for swimming! Although moonlight swims are rather nice and you don't have to worry about sunburn! LOL. Yes, it is VERY hot. The heat index is already at 80 at 6:30 a.m., so I can only imagine what this day will be like...no clouds in the skies and very hot! And no rain in sight until next week. I am so thankful for our central AC, and pray for it to keep going strong! I hope you have a peaceful and restful weekend. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI hope you get in some pool time this weekend, Linda. I hope your return to Mandatory Literacy goes smoothly on Monday. I know it makes for a longer day for you at the end of the day with getting home, but at least you won't have the 3 AM wake up call. I do hope with your return to the Mandatory Literacy program that you won't have much contact with the troublesome co-worked and that she heeds to warning to stay away from you.
ReplyDeleteYou know, you've really got to turn that Southern charm down a tad girl. ๐ (PS: I agree, that is creepy!) Hope she gets a life and leaves you alone.
ReplyDeleteGlad your hours will get better. Hopefully the traffic won't be so bad either.
Love the graphics! I'm still giggling.
Love ya. ๐ (and, no, I don't want to dress like you ....๐๐)
That co-worker who was stalking you, taking pictures, etc. sounds like she needs some "mental health counseling." I hope you get that worked out. Also, I hope you will enjoy being back at your old job. Getting off at 6 p.m. sucks, but it is balanced out by not having to get up at 3 a.m.! You are doing important work. Hang tough and have a good weekend!
ReplyDeletePassing through but happy to catch up a bit. Sorry for the stalker. Glad it's been handled (as well as possible at work, anyway). She needs help, I think. I hope the old job will feel good for you, though sorry for the late hours again. Sending a hug!
ReplyDeleteSorry you are having that weird situation at work! So strange! Hope you enjoyed your pool this weekend. Had to laugh at your {{giggles}}!
ReplyDelete