Hello and welcome once again to Toni's Tuesday 4. It's cold in these United States. Everyone seems to be chilly, and some have blizzard conditions to contend with.
But I think winter is a time for us, as well as animals, to hibernate and takes things slow and easy. I think many find themselves a bit more sleepy than usual and maybe we are supposed to take the time to rest... Let's talk it over, okay?
2. Do you appreciate the extra hours of dark that allow for more sleep, more leisure, less travel and hurry or not? Well, no...see above. If it weren't for the fact of having to work, then maybe.
3. I know I love a hot drink on a chilly evening and the quiet of the streets outside as people stay inside more on cold nights. I feel more relaxed in the winter. How about you? Yes, I do.
4. Do you ever gaze out of your window like Miss Kitty in the picture just watching the world go by? Well, one wouldn't see much but a privacy fence from the front of the house and back. I long to have a traditional house with windows that look out to the street. How do you find yourself relaxing on a chilly evening? Watching tv, covered up with a blanket.


Your day starts pretty early. I enjoy daylight savings time and really would prefer for it to be that way all the time. Guessing my serotonin levels require more sunlight. lol. I sure hope that your boss realizes what a great value you are to the system and will make an effort to make things easier for you. Have a great Tuesday LInda..Stay warm! 30 degrees here this morning.
ReplyDeleteThe backdrop is light and bright, Linda. Hope you have a good Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well and you can get started next week. Love that last thought...People will stare. Make it worth their while. Gives me a bit of a chuckle. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news on getting started with the teaching!! Do please keep us posted! I'm tired of this cold weather. It needs to be about 10 degrees warmer for me! Blessings!!
ReplyDeleteBack at my last workplace I, too, got up at 4 to begin work at 7 -- and yes, come 2-3pm this old gal was spent. Cross fingers for your classes to begin soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to start your classes soon, Linda. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWhen you're sour and days are grey, just remember, " The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow!" https://youtu.be/6PtdpI-D6mM?si=BNOdRtP2c1IznjuI ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteThis time of year is perfect for an evening like you mentioned; watching tv with a blanket over you! I have a heated blanket that gets lots of use right now.
ReplyDeleteI hope your class can start Monday!
I do hope your classes will start and all will be well in that department. I know these long wintry dark days are not much fun, but spring is coming and soon you will be able to get out and about on the weekends more and maybe even the evenings. But I know once you get home from work you just want to crash. I remember those days. One day at a time...better days are ahead. (((hugs))) to you dear friend. Beach weather is coming back soon to a beach near you!
ReplyDeleteThat cat in the window reminds me of my Susie. We’re in the 60’s here and it’s been sunny. It’s nice and things are blooming but it won’t last. We’re still in our rainy season. Just as the rest of the country warms up - we’ll have rains! Mark my words.
ReplyDeleteI am sad to hear about your bad day and your co worker problem. I wish it would go away and you could find peace in your work. Prayers for your house with windows. Hugging you.
ReplyDeleteI feel for you, Linda. We had to be up early to get through traffic and 26 miles to get to work. My husband started before me. He would go to bed early, but I went to bed late. So naps and long weekend mornings were my lifesaver. I love your blog decor!
ReplyDeleteWinter is hard. The sun has come out today, so that is good. I am home from work because the school has no water. I hate missing days over that.
ReplyDeleteI hope things get better for you at work. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
"People will stare. Make it worth their while"?!!!! That's funny. You've got such a sense of humor, Linda, which is one of God's methods of maintaining your sanity!
ReplyDeleteWhile I like cloudy days, too much overcast does tend to bring me down.
Winter does make us feel a bit more sluggish, doesn’t it? The early dark evenings and chilly weather certainly encourage a slower pace. I think it’s important to embrace that rest and recharge. I hope you get the chance to take it easy and enjoy some warm drinks!
ReplyDeleteYou are invited to check out my new post: (https://www.melodyjacob.com/2025/01/denim-on-denim-styling-cinched-waist-denim-vest.html)
Great post! I completely agree with you about the winter slowdown. The dark and cold definitely make me feel like hibernating too. It sounds like you've had a pretty exhausting time with your schedule and weather. I hope you get some well-deserved rest soon!
ReplyDeleteYou are invited to check out my new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2025/01/denim-on-denim-styling-cinched-waist-denim-vest.html