2. It's National Polar Bear Plunge Day (January 1)...will you be participating in one of these events (or even your own)? Umm...not.
How will you spend the first day of this brand-new year? Made lasagna and just was generally lazy.
Do you have a traditional New Year's Day menu? No. since our son passed away, it is whatever, it used to be beans, rice etc. But, since I didn't get to make lasagna for Christmas, my husband requested this for New Years Day. And since we spent the afternoon with our friends on New Years Eve/our anniversary (her traditional Christmas meal), we will not be having pizza which is the tradition (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve). I did make pizza for Monday dinner though.
3. What's something that brings you joy and how will you do more of it in this new year? Honestly...just being home with my husband brings me joy. Home is my sanctuary, and he makes it safe; physically, mentally, spiritually.
4. Do you struggle with the January blues? Yes...but not for weather reasons.
What's one thing you can/will do to keep them at bay? Since moving back here to Florida, I would say just get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Although, it will be pretty cold for the next few weeks here. But there is nothing like the Florida sunshine.
5. Will you choose your own personal word of the year for 2025? Yes, I posted this already.
What about a goal, resolution, or maybe even a bucket list? We have decided to set a goal --and that is to sell this house and get a regular brick/stick house and not live in a mobile home. After living through several weather events last year, it's probably best. Instead of improving or whatever this house/new kitchen, 2 new redo bathrooms etc., and crunching the numbers, it would be best to sell and move on. We both feel that we have to wait and see how the new administration, the cost of everything, housing market etc. is going to be. My understanding is that the Florida housing bubble will eventually pop this year. But by next year, hopefully we can be in a new affordable home. There are new affordable (under $200,000) homes/neighborhoods going up around here. Ocala is no longer the slow Ocala I grew up in and it has been mentally challenging getting use to all the changes here. However, with all that said, the housing market is over inflated here. So, we are on a wait and see basis.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
How can it be 2025? I just got use to writing 2024. Wishing each of you a beautiful day, back to work for me.


Wow, you have some interesting goals for this year (or next)! I do understand your concerns with living in a manufactured home with all of the weather extremes we've had this past year. I hope you will be able to find something affordable that will meet your needs exactly, and maybe even get you closer to work so you don't have that long drive in traffic every day. I will be praying for you. My hubby talks about doing something similar, but yes, the housing prices are over inflated now and I don't see that changing much here in Florida. But if it does, it means you won't get as much for YOUR house, which can affect how much you can spend on a new house...We'd like to get "on the ground" and not have these steps to maneuver for the rest of our lives. We're not getting any younger. But I don't want to leave Still Waters Pond unless I can find something comparable. Big challenge! Anyway, I hope your day back at work will be good, and I pray for 2025 to be a year of blessings and joy for all!!
ReplyDeleteI also saw where the car industry is suffering under Biden, terribly. Will another bail out happen like Bush did? Things are about to get really interesting!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Lasagna sounds so good, Linda. We had a nontraditional meal yesterday of pan-fried steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower mix. It varies from year to year. I agree on the two words for our country. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Maybe y'all can find a nice place closer to work so the commute won't be so arduous. 🏡 Anyway, prayers, as always for you both no matter what the future brings. We're trying to keep on living in this house. One way to insure that is to hire someone 💸 to remove oodles of big trees near our home, workshop and tool shed. All this tree trimming is getting too difficult to keep it up. With our failing joint health we can't deal with cutting huge limbs anymore. Might as well do it before one lands on the house.
ReplyDeleteI'm back to blogging again. Things are looking up for me health wise. 😁
Love & Prayers. 🙏💓
What a great Plan/Goal you're erecting (no pun intended, lol)! As a fan of House Hunters and the like, I look forward to following along!
ReplyDeleteThat 'move on' meme is so true.
Hi Linda. I love this upbeat 2025 post! Wow, you are so right in the word you chose for this year. We all NEED JESUS! The entire world needs Jesus. I think that your plan to sell your current home and get one more suitable to your needs is a good one. I hope that you can build/buy just what you want. I am hoping that the new administration brings some help for the housing market. We are also thinking of BUILDING a new home in St. George and keeping the home we just bought down there in Ivins as an investment/rental property. Could work. When I retire, I want a home that doesn't need a lot of work and renovation. I am getting too old to deal with all of that. I hope you have a wonderful 2025! See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteYour plans sounds like a good plan for you all. I've been trying to talk Sam in to selling our home and us buying his mom and dads house. Lasagne is a favorite of mine and I rarely make it...maybe this next week. Linda, Hoping this new year brings you a lot of greatness and that your job will be safe for you. Enjoy that Florida sun.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is wise to have a wait and see attitude when it comes to purchasing a new home. Good luck with all of it, Linda!
ReplyDeleteFully understand wanting a stick built home. We lived in a manufactured home for 3 years during a specific time, and we did lots to it. I think having grown up in 'tornado alley' I had certain fears. I just read about a Winter List and think I'll give it a try to get through January and February by adapting it to my life and desires. Blessings on your New Year . . .
ReplyDeleteI hope all is well at work today. I hope you get to enjoy some warm sunshine soon.
ReplyDeleteI really like and most certainly agree with your answer to #1: Needs Jesus. Truer words cannot be said!
ReplyDeleteI also love your response to #3: “just being home with my husband brings me joy. Home is my sanctuary, …..” I completely agree. That sums it up for me, too.
I hope your desires and plans to sell your current house and buy something else work out for you.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
I hope you two are able to make that move this year! I will add it to my prayer list, if I may?
ReplyDeleteThe sad thing for the world is they already have him but just refuse to hear him. He is always available, alive and working. Shame on Oxford hahaha, what a word for the year! Enjoy that sunshine. I believe it will do you more good than you know. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year my friend! My home too is my safe place and sanctuary! Wish it were in Florida! We are expecting some ice and snow Saturday night into Sunday. Snow I can deal with, ice I CANNOT! I'll be staying home on Monday.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful weekend! Hope the house goal works out soon!