Monday, January 20, 2025

Currently...Happy Inauguration Day

 


...just because I have nothing else to say on this Monday.

The Weather...38* but real feel is 31* at 8:00 am. Temps. dropped bigly overnight.

Listening to...hubby telling me the latest Biden pardons; Fauci, Milley, J6 Committee members. Hmm...one has to ask, why? Interesting. As they were never charged with anything...so this is preemptive? Wow. Just shocking.

Loving...sleeping in these last few days.

Thinking...nothing in particular. I am praying for the incoming president. So, I should probably retitle this Praying instead of Thinking.

Feeling...tired and restless. Tossed and turned most of the night.

Celebrating...not really celebrating but happy today is a dawn of a new era. At least for the next 4 years--at least I pray it is.

Grateful...for so many things...people, places, things...and lastly my Lord and Savior.

Making me smile...


p.s. Middle class is $52,000-155,000. (as of 2024)---I fall in-between that and lately, it's been a real struggle because of inflation issues.


Well, pretty much. lol---wishing you all a beautiful day. 

Stay frosty my friends. Things are about to get very interesting.

11 comments:

  1. Praying for a smooth Inauguration, for the families of both and for our country. I am also praying for our country's healing and uniting. I saw the news alert about the latest pardons and it was prefaced with the word 'pre-emptive'. Have a peaceful day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be watching the inauguration too! Yes, I heard about the pardons... I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inflation!! We received a "big" increase on our SS checks for inflation...$40.00. I'm not complaining though...or am I? $40.00 will buy a tank of gas. Watching the "important" folks being escorted in right now at the inauguration . Enjoy your day off!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Monday shapes up to be a good one. Think mermaid thoughts!! haha! And yes, we live in interesting times. I can remember when being middle class was on a lot less and got you a lot more. The struggle is so real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a beautiful day it is!!! Tears of joy were shed during the inauguration ceremony and I'm so overjoyed for this new day for our country. Blessings, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beautiful 26* sunny morning today! We lifted prayers at Bible study this morning, yet I my heart was in my throat during the Inauguration. Disgusted by the 11th hour pardons, but hopefully this is the last we'll hear from Biden/Harris. Happy days are here again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and historic day! Very thankful to God and praying for all. Those weren't the last pardons he made...apparently in the last 15 minutes of his time still President he pardoned the members of his own family..."pre-emptive" again...that should tell you something...Yes, I am so very thankful for the dawning of this new day and era. God is working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad this day has arrived and by now as I type this (4:18pm), all is heading in a good direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers are lifted with yours (and obviously the majority of Americans!)!! A new era indeed!! I actually enjoyed the inauguration today! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Supreme Court declared that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. So there we have it. It was 9f when I woke up this morning. The bay is frozen over, my fish are in hibernation. I thought the inauguration was lovely. Keep as warm as you can!!.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. The preemptive pardons from Biden were a weird. I'm not sure that has ever been done before. I liked Trump's inaugural speech and agreed with most of what he said. Today was historic for sure. I hope you have a good week. It is always hard to go back to work after a Monday holiday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)