Good morning from an already balmy Tuesday early 5:20 am morning. It looks like we might get some rain today, let's hope so.
Could we look at Tuesday a bit?
1. Do you take part in this nationwide ritual and have tacos on Tuesday or do you like them any old time? I like them anytime...I don't like lettuce, hubby does. So, he likes to load them up.
2. This particular Taco John's was in Wyoming. Does your state have a favorite fast-food place and do you like eating there? I am not sure if the state of Florida does, but here in Ocala, I love our Taco truck that sits outside a bar on our street corner- They know us by name now, LOL.
![]() |
| not my photo |
I also love EL Toreo on State Road 200. They make the best Chicken Chimichangas-hold the beans, I don't like beans or refried beans.
3. Taco Tuesday was trademarked in 1989 in 49 states except New Jersey where the Gregory Hotel owns that trademark. Taco Bell wants to sue over the use of the term. What do you think about that?
Taco Bell is NOT real Mexican food, so Taco Bell can shove it. When my husband was stationed in San Diego, we use to cross the border and that is really Mexican food. Tacos are NOT supposed to be made of fake meat and heavy sauce like Taco Bell is. We watched a show on the History Channel, How Food Is Made (or was it Fast Food? Can't remember) and they talked about Taco Bell, nasty stuff...my stomach can't handle that place. Our Taco truck and EL Toreo are close to the real thing.




Good morning from a very balmy S.E.Texas! It was 97 yesterday and we're getting the Central American dust/smoke up here and it's ridiculous. I love your caption on the photo..."not my photo". That cracked me up! And sometimes we eat tacos on Tuesdays, when the kids are here. But never Taco Bell! My days of being able to eat that and survive have long passed. Sounds like you're going to the beach soon. Have a great time! Watch for sharks :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers. Enjoy putting your toes in the sand!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful vacation. I ate at a taco bell once YEARS ago and said nope. never again. NOT real authentic but then again most american fast food isn't. hahah I make my own tacos with ground bison, shredded romaine, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocadoes, shredded mexican jack cheese or monterary jack or heck...whatever sharp shredded cheese is on hand.....black beans and the taco sauce by El Paso. SO GOOD.
ReplyDeleteI will eat tacos any time they are offered. Linda, I'm with you on holding the beans/refried beans. Ewww! I haven't eaten in a Taco Bell since the early 80s. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteWe like taco's on any day.
ReplyDeleteTaco John just showed up in our area last year, but it's not close to us so I've only been there once.
I'm excited for your trip to the end of the earth! Have a great time!
Hope you have a great time at the end of the Earth! ☺
ReplyDeleteTaco trucks are pretty good. I agree with you on Taco Bell. Have fun at the beach!
ReplyDeleteIt behooves me as to how anyone can stomach Taco Bell "food". 'Course there are scores that line up for that gut buster cuisine at McDonald's, so, there ya go.
ReplyDeleteHope your vacation is better than expected, has lots of lovely weather and lasts as long as you want.
Love ya. 💙
I chuckle every time you describe the weather in Florida... remember those nasty winters in New York?! LOL! I hope you enjoy your beach time! Wish I were there!
ReplyDeleteI do love tacos, but only if they aren't too spicy. Danny makes fantastic ones at home!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Linda!
My hubby is Hispanic and he calls Taco Bell "Fake Tacos" alllll the time! Haha! I actually went there the other night and wanted a Nachos Belle Grande. It was super nasty! Dry! Not what I remembered from years ago. That was probably my last trip there. We have two Mexican restaurants in town and both are pretty good. I'm so glad you will get to go to the beach again soon!
ReplyDeleteRight there with you on Taco Bell! I wish there was a nearby taco truck that promised the Real Thing. Have yourselves a bliss-full time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteI love Mexican food. Rarely have tacos tho! Have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteWatching TV Channel 20 as I check blogs and emails. The weather guy just said our town got 1/10th of an inch of rain in that quick shower this morning. Glad for even that much!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip to "the end of the world." Some of my kids used to be stationed in Del Rio, TX. What they said was that it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there!
I'm excited for you and your beach get-away!! Hooray! I don't mind Taco Bell tacos, but I prefer my own home-made tacos best. I do like our Tapatio's Mexican Restaurant. Share some photos with us, please, of your 'end of the earth'!!
ReplyDeleteI love Mexican food! I love trying different places when we travel.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the ocean! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Wow, how cool to have a taco truck nearby. Now that is really living the good life. I hope you are going to have a wonderful time off and really get to relax and enjoy yourselves. I always enjoy your answers. I am so glad ypu join in.
ReplyDeleteWe DO go to Rosie's for Taco Tuesdays! lolol Love her tacos.
ReplyDeleteAnd yuck to Taco Bell...
Enjoy that trip to the ocean!
hugs
Donna
I love a good taco truck. I agree about taco bell. Yuck. We have a large hispanic community where I live and a few ladies opened a taco truck. It's really good. My hubby also works with several hispanic people and often buys tamales from one of them. So good.
ReplyDeleteWe love Mexican food. We eat lots of it as it is cheaper than lots of other dishes. A co worker once asked my husband, are you married to a Mexican woman? Nope just love the Mexican food and the people who make it. El Mirador near our home has the best Mexican food. But their desserts, oh hush now! I Need a dessert like a hole in the head...than again?! Hmmmm......loved and missed this Tuesday4 ; - (
ReplyDelete