Time: 8:40 am
Weather: 68*. Another warm one today...oh wait, its Florida...stepped out at 11:30 last night to let Lily Belle out and it was just "ug"-icky. It hadn't cooled off.
Drinking: Finishing my second cup of coffee.
On my mind...Thinking:
--The cost of groceries. Actually, everything really. Thanks Biden Economics for crushing us folks. The government is screwed up, giving aid to foreign adversaries before shoring up our own borders. Shutting down the Alaskan pipelines etc. Shameful. Gas aka petroleum byproduct as my husband says is expected to be near $6 a gallon this summer. Here, yesterday it was $3.60 something-everyday it fluctuates. Gonna need a horse and buggy soon. Rising cost of everything--insurance, gas, food, utilities...are house insurance and car insurance went up big time...Our premium is $2,500 a year for the house alone.
**enough of that thinking-gonna make folks mad and become argumentative**
--I need to work on my fingernails and toes today...I was so lazy when we got home yesterday, I binged watched Midsomer Murders again...on Season 9 now.
--Prepping both cars for the hurricane season. My husband keeps a bag/backpack in each car just in case, water, snacks, spare clothing, baby wipes and other items. I need to keep in the car anyways, because if a hurricane comes, I will be at work--being an essential employee and all.
--I hadn't taken one photo for the past couple of weeks. Shameful. lol
--really, don't have much to say and contemplated NOT posting today.
--at least for me they are. That is the closest thing to being barefoot, lol.



Have. a great week... always a stumper how Biden's poll numbers could be as high as they are.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Linda! I, for one, am glad you posted. Smart on keeping a bag at the ready in your car! Hope you have a blessed Sunday!
ReplyDeleteBidenomics? I think you're just voicing what we're all thinking.
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't expect anything dire to happen, I've kept a 'bug-out' bag for years. Tell Dave I said 'Thanks for the reminder!' to update its contents.
There is a lot of benefit in keeping life as simple as we can because tricky challenges get thrown at us, seemingly out of no where, all too often. Gotta save ourselves for [whatever]. Wearing flip flops is a help... (smile)
ReplyDeleteRemember when we had the same kind of weather? Well - today it's sunny but cold! It's only 38 at the moment!
ReplyDeleteWe loved midsomer murders. We seem to always be watching some British Crime series.
Enjoy your day. Soak in a little warmth for me! :)
Happy Sunday, Linda! It is more humid now than usual in April. The dry heat isn't as bad as the humid heat. Ugh. Hurricane season is coming. Another ugh! Have a blessed week!!
ReplyDeleteCorporate profits are driving inflation. Anyone who's saying that it's Biden's policies that are doing it wants to keep us from realizing that the corporations are getting rich by emptying our pockets. It's awful here, and my cousins in England and Ireland have it even worse. They've been paying equal to $6 /gallon for gas for ages. In my community we watch the gas prices jump up and down, sometimes more than once in a day. It's insane. The gas companies are ripping us off, and Harris Teeter for one is playing us with a program that gives us cents off a gallon of gas for buying many many dollars of their overpriced groceries. End of rant. Hope you have a nice week, and I'm glad you and your coworkers have found a great way to start your days (earlier post). That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteIt's never a bad idea to be prepared for extenuating circumstances, Linda. Our economy and crime? Don't get me started! Oh, wait, you just did - lol!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week!
The weather is sure fickle here in Florida. I hear it is suppose to be in the 70's tomorrow. WHO KNOWS? LOL! I am ready for a beach day. Marty and I just talked about it last night and trying to plan a day trip at least soon. I have so many graduations and birthdays coming up that seems we haven't had time to really plan anything with for ourselves but I feel it coming on "TIME FOR A DATE". Happy week to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteGasoline is $3.60 a gallon in our county. It's $3.35 in neighboring Ware County. Go figure!! Same companies too (Circle K).
ReplyDeleteWell, we're living in Matthew 24. The Rapture is close. Jesus will be taking us out of the way soon. Keep praying for the lost and sharing the Gospel. They sure don't want to be left behind. Only bad people are going to be left behind.
Have a great week. Steve's 76th birthday is Friday (26th) but we're not going out. It costs too much. That's OK. Being home is nice too.
Keep looking up!
Love ya. xx
Grrr! Don't get me started on our ridiculous government. Just this weekend they sent another gazillion dollars to foreign countries! So disgusted with all of them and especially Johnson! Anyway, have a good week friend! LOL!
ReplyDeletePrepping for disasters are a good idea. We do the same only it’s for fires. I don’t live under an earthquake fault so I don’t need to prep for that because we already have a room with survival food and supplies. Fire is what scares me.
ReplyDeleteGas is over $5 a gallon here. We’re kinda used to it now but I still don’t like it. I find going out to eat is expensive. A steak dinner for 2 at our favorite place is nearly $200. I’d rather grill my own now!
Sorry I am just now getting around to visit... I had my grandbaby yesterday and oh my what a trip she is!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing to always be prepared for the worst. Yes, gas is going to get high that we can count on under this administration. Insurance is ridiculous! We are insured to death! That and taxed... UGH!
I hope you have a great week at work! I'll be praying for you! :)
You identify as a Christ follower right? so nothing about our nation should shock you.
ReplyDeletethat said, let's continue to pray for the unsaved, model Christ well, and stop complaining......it leads to bitterness. Embrace the fact you live in Florida where taxes are a LOT less than up here in the Northeast. Embrace your mostly awesome weather and that you can wear flip flops. Embrace the fact that our nation is still a free one....we can choose any religion/faith/school/church/career. and pray.
Glad you are keeping your vehicles prepped. Very important. I keep a backpack in my car with water, lots of prepping supplies, a blanket, extra tennis shoes, snacks, etc.
ReplyDeleteWe have used Germania for years...no one can beat their pricing with insurance.
ReplyDeleteWe use a broker...they check yearly the prices for us.
Happy Weekend!
hugs
Donna
I love this post. Thinking about relaxing and not worrying about anything. Sigh...I saw your last post had a book by Brenda Novak. I have so many of her books but the last couple are so PC and not my style. Speaking of the high cost of everything, I read that Chip Gaines (so immature by the way) saying people have plenty of money. Sure dude, if you're worth 50 million. I was a little shocked at the people flooding to their farm and businesses like they were some demi gods. It is a shame the money got to him at least. The wife stays quiet. Ole Chip was tossing handfuls of cash at Baylor U to keep his buddy the football coach who is moving on to greener pastures. Oh the things you could do with that kind of cash.....Our gas prices just went up again. Sad days ahead, keep praying.
ReplyDelete