Sunday, April 7, 2024

Sunday Chat...

 

thinking I forgot to welcome the new month in.

Time: 8:20 am

Scene: 48* sunny. Supposed to be only near 80.

Drinking: First cup of Maxwell House with Italian Sweet Cream.

Random Thinking:


--Ms. Lily Belle has been with us since Friday and has adapted well to us. Actually, she adores my husband. The vet said she is underweight and has to put on 20-25 lbs. But overall, she is in good health physically and mentally (except for the inherited cat that was here when we bought the house-they do not like each other).

-- I really need to get around for the day...laundry and all.

--hubby finally sorta figured out his pizza oven and made delicious pizza yesterday for lunch. I made a pot roast and vegies for dinner.

--tomorrow and Tuesday the state auditors are coming down. I have to be into work by 6:30 am. Good thing, get to leave by 3:30. Nonetheless, it's always 45 to 60 min. drive there and back. The Ocala I grew up in, is no longer Slo' Cala.

--squatters. We have some living in an abandoned/ boarded up house on the corner-no electricity etc. Not sure what can be done-DeSantis signed a bill into law taking affect July 1 against squatting.

--Liking the cabinet. My husband took the photo, I haven't taken any photos...anyways, plenty of storage and the drawer pulls out to make a workspace.


Thinking...earthquakes, war, weather and other political nonsense. Me thinks they are all related.


On second thought, I might just spend some time outside today. I never did catch up on blogs...sigh...Have a beautiful day all.

13 comments:

  1. The cabinet is a beauty, Linda. Miss Lily Belle is beautiful. I am glad she is adjusting and the cat will adjust or not. Enjoy the sunshine. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad would say all of these earthquakes, climate change and crappy political leaders are a sign of the end times. Methinks there's some truth to that!! Come quickly Lord Jesus!!
    I hope you enjoy your sunny day. We have partial blue skies (cloudy to the east) and sun and temps supposed to finally climb to the low 60s! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! So glad that Ms. Lily Belle is becoming accustomed to being part of the Conley family! Wow, that is a great car port you have! I don't know if I ever saw a picture of it before. I also love the cabinet. What a great furniture piece with lots of storage room. Yes, I also believe that many of the things going on are part of being in "the last days." Good for DeSantis and your Florida legislature for passing that bill about squatters. Squatting is absolutely deplorable and something must be done across the country. I read an article today that Utah is much like Florida as far as legislation that makes squatting hard. I wouldn't move back to California for anything. I hope the audit at your job goes well. Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Church we spent some time in the sunshine. My legs and feet are so white! Hope I don't have a burn now. lol
    I hope the squatters won't steal or do other bad things. They tend to do that since they are criminals.
    Y'all have a restful, enjoyable afternoon! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new cabinet is really lovely. Your new pup is precious! You have a couple of very early mornings ahead. I'm sure the audits will go fine and glad you get off early. I'm doing laundry today as well. Blessings to you, Linda!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that cabinet ... a lot! Moreso, Miz Lily Belle. I hope she soon feels like the happiest girl in the whole USA. (Cue Donna Fargo, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad Huey! Bad Huey! LOL! Poor Ms. Lilly Belle! I love me some pizza! Oh geez, bet you are really looking forward to Monday... ugh as if "Monday" isn't bad enough. Hope you enjoyed your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you could adopt such an amazing dog, Linda, and that Lily has adapted so well to you all and her new home. I do hope all goes well for you this week at work, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that cabinet!
    We’ve been hearing about areas having squatters. So far so good here - we do have the drugged out homeless that live in front of the library. In a way, they’re squatters on public property! They move them and a week later, they’re back!

    Have a beautiful week. Love your dog. Give her a big hug from me. German shepherd’s are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cabinet, as well! Nice!
    Have a fun sunny day...raining here.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad Lily Belle is adjusting to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cabinet and I think you are absolutely right about the earthquakes, political nonsense, wars, and eclipses! Yes, indeed!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pizza oven? That sounds fun and like something I would really enjoy. Maybe I don't need to enjoy that much pizza (lol) but I'm also not sure where I would store it. I do hope you are enjoying lots of yummy pizzas!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)