Good morning from a warm and cloudy Central Florida. How about some reflections and the 2023 Word of the Year. Yes, Sparky, I am quite enjoying the warmth, although ask me come summer when it's a million degrees humidity, LOL.
New Year's Eve 2022 brings our 34th wedding anniversary. Who knew this time last year we would be living back in Florida, or we would be mourning our sons passing 2 weeks before Christmas (12/11/21). It has been a rollercoaster ride that is for sure. I wish to thank you all for the kind comments, emails, snail mail, prayers etc. Without you, I simply don't think I would have made it. No sense in reliving everything--but I will say for the present, hubby and our neighbor Jose put up our porch/deck yesterday.
He was going to work on the railings today, but alias, he has decided to take a break.
I didn't expect it to be so big, but that is my husband for you, "go big or go home". Eventually it will span the whole front--right now, I am just so happy to have this. Moving along...
Thanks to Ann i.e. Annie over at Cottage by the Sea she provided the perfect word. I also discussed this with other folks and coworkers, and they agree, yep...P-E-R-S-I-ST-E-N-C-E. Thank you Ann, it does fit.
Perfect thought don't look back which is a reason why I kept this post short. Wishing you a beautiful New Year's Eve, stay safe and happy.





Linda, your porch/steps look good. I like your chosen word for 2023. I am still trying to decide on mine. I have it narrowed down to 3, but I am waiting to see which one moves to the top.
ReplyDeleteThank you Robin...I can't wait to see which word you pick, grin. Wishing you a beautiful New Years.
DeleteI love the new deck. Your husband and new friend, Jose did a good job. I can just imagine a potted plan of some kind on there. So nice. Persistence is a good word, I think. Philippians 3:14 NLT, says it well. "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." I hadn't planned to pick a word, but now you have me thinking. If I decide or feel impressed on one, I'll post about it at some point. Happy New Years!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. I have a necklace that I wear every day with that same quote - "don't look back - you're not going that way. " I LOVE the new porch. You will enjoy that so much! You husband is so hand to be able to build it! I am still thinking about my word. I thought I had chosen one last night, but then I looked back and it was the same word I had for 2022, so maybe I still need to work on that. Will pray about it some more today. I love the word PERSISTENCE really fits you for this year. I hope you and Dave have a very happy new year. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteYour porch looks great and you will enjoy it so much.
ReplyDeleteI am in a bit of a Debbie Downer kind of spot right now. I was thinking a good word of the year for me would be apprehensive...LOL...but I am going to go with Hope. The last couple of years have brought some bad things and I worry this year will be the same. I was thinking the other day I need to plan something to look forward to. You have your house you are working on, so that is exciting! I know good and bad things will happen, I just never really worry about it. Have a very Happy New Year! ♥
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I love your word and need to be persistent myself this next year. Hubby has really done a great job so far! Happy Anniversary! ♥️ Sending hugs and best wishes for a great new year.
ReplyDeleteI like your word of the year. Persistance is not my strong suit but this year, it's part of my goal. I'm glad you're finally settled in Florida. I'm hoping to get down to Florida to visit family and friend this next year. Wouldn't it be fun to finally meet face to face?
ReplyDeleteHave a great NEW YEAR! As they say you have come a long way.... :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the steps and deck! Your hubby will finish it once he has had a chance to regroup. Persistence is a fine word. It describes you to a T. 😏 Have a relaxed, pleasant New Year's Eve and a blessed New Year.
ReplyDeleteThe porch looks great! I think that is the perfect word for you.
ReplyDeleteGood word. I think mine will be ENDURANCE. Yep, it's like that these days. *wink*
ReplyDeleteWonderful deck. Well done Jose & Dave.
Love to all and Happy New Year!
Sparky xx
Great looking stairs/deck! Gosh, I think I could look up Persistence in Webster's Dictionary and it read, 'Linda Conley.'. Great choice!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary to you Linda and I hope 2023 is a better year for you.
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect word of the year! I usually don't have a word of the year but if I did this year it would be hope! That word probably speaks for itself! Happy New Year to you and your family, my friend!
ReplyDeleteLove the porch, Linda! Your hubby is doing a great job. Your word is good, too. I'll be announcing mine in a blog next week.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Persistence is a great word for you! And while I don't remember what last year's was or if you had one, perseverance was the name of the game for you and you did it beautifully! Praying the new year is a happier and easier one for you two!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! The front porch steps look great!! I know you are happy to have them! And oh, it will be grand to have it span the whole front some day, but one day at a time. That looks pretty wonderful for now! Persistence is a great word. You have had to be very persistent to get through this past year in spite of many obstacles, sorrow, and major changes in your lives. You are an amazing person, and I am so happy God has brought us together. I look forward to more times together in the New Year. Happy Anniversary! May 2023 be filled with many blessings you just never dreamed were possible. God is always ready to do the impossible on our behalf. Love you guys! Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary and Happy New year.
ReplyDeleteThe steps and porch will be a nice addition to your new home.
Your new deck looks great, Linda! Those guys worked some magic to get it done that well and that fast! Yay! Good word, persistence!! Wishing you and Dave many blessings in the year ahead, my friend!! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, glad to see your porch project has begun! I like your word. Mine will be focus. I heard it at church today. Happy Anniversary! Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete