Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

 Wishing all of you a Happy New Year.


We will be taking the tree down today, cleaning up the house, reorganizing (I'll be doing that especially the kitchen), and making Lasagna. Nope, did not make it yesterday as hubby wanted chicken wings and since Publix had it on sale, that is what he got. I was also thinking yesterday about my 2022 Verse:


That def. was the case. Funny how words pick us. This year between friends and prayer the word once again picked me:


We shall see what the new year brings. I am trying really hard to overcome depression and grief (which I think run together, just saying). Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Linda! Wishing you an abundance of blessings for this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word for the year, Linda. Prayers that with time God will heal your hearts and give you peace. I will put you and Dave both on our church prayer list. Your lasagna sounds delicious. Sending you love for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very happy new year! I know this past year was challenging for you and your hubby. I hope this year y’all can settle in to your home and your routines and continue to heal. And if you need a taste-tester for your lasagna, I’m happy to offer my services. Just saying! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to take the Christmas decorations in the house down also. Then I will clean real good. I need to reorganize too. I usually do that in the summer when I have more time. Enjoy your lasagna! That sounds good. Happy New Year 2023!!! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and Blessed New Year, my friend. One day at a time, my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you both always. Happy New Year.
    Love. Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, sweet Linda. I know Christmas had to be difficult for you both. As I've mentioned before, my daughter even as the years roll by still has not so good days after her/my Ben passed at l7. She tries, and that's all we can do. Take care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Depression and grief do walk hand-in-hand, Linda. May 2023 be a year of healing for both you and your husband.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and Dave a blessed and happy new year. Persistence is a great word!! Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and David peace and potsfull of joy in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, depression threatens to overtake when we are grieving. But it doesn't have to. I had to take it one hour at a time on some days to get through. Eventually, it gets better. I have had to ask the Lord to help me with the "meditations of my heart," and that got me through.

    Lasagna. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grief is not really something you can "overcome". It is something that comes over you in waves when you least expect them, especially around holidays and other special reminders. Go with the flow. God is actually healing you through your grief. Little by little you are facing each new challenge with faith and courage, which is growing in you day by day. No one ever said it would be easy, but with God ALL things are possible...as you said...and your "persistence" in standing up and facing your sorrows and griefs and moving forward in spite of it all is helping you to find peace...little by little. God is working all things together for your good, even the sad times. Just continue to trust Him...He's never going to let go of you. (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year my friend! That is a perfect word for the year we all could live by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)