Saturday, September 17, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 I'll just jump right in and go from there...


Looking out my window: Sunny and it's going to be setting soon (the sun).

I am thinking: I/we really need to get out of here (move).

I am thankful for: so many things...and in response to the bank saying $51,000 in income is not enough to own a home (they keep making us jump thru hoops at the last minute)


One of my favorite things:


I am wearing: Blue jeans Lee Bermuda shorts and a blue Univ. of Florida t shirt and of course, I am barefoot.

I am watching: Nothing, since we don't have access to the tv--but I will be watching the Florida football game on the laptop at 7pm.

I am reading: Ollies has books for $1-5. This one cost me only $3.

I am listening to: Hubby is asking me what time the Gator game starts and where he can find it online.

I am hoping: Actually, my hope is fading that we will be in the house anytime soon. So, we are onto 'plan b' and have filed for staff housing at my job-it's a perk of my contract with the state. Should find out something in the next week or week after. BEFORE Oct. 2 (supposedly closing---haahhahahahahahaha) hits, hopefully.

In the kitchen: Actually, we stopped at Lee's Famous Chicken and had that for dinner.

Shared Quote: I know, it's not a quote...but it's my thought.


A moment from my day: I have no photos...but I can tell you how it's been going M-F.

--get up by 4 am, out the door by 6:30, at work by 7:15 am, there is never a shortage of work to be done--the inmate population remains an upwards trend. Leave at 5- home by 5:36-5:40, eat and in bed by 8:30.

--The weekends: Hubby likes to be outta here by 7 am, eat breakfast out and tool around town and get reacquainted with our old stomping grounds i.e. get lost. Today we hit up all the Antique stores by our former high school.


Just a thought here...we were at Target later today (we call it Tarjay, lol) and we were standing in line and this woman was standing there berating her child and the child was giving it right back. It took every ounce of energy to not slap that woman. My husband did say above graphic to her. Folks, it all starts from home.


I like the flip flops, but I am craving a little cooler air. Just saying...

14 comments:

  1. I hope something comes to some conclusion soon so you will have peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Yes, I think you need to get out of your current living arrangement soon! Sounds like things are going from bad to worse. I will keep you in prayer. I know that God knows what is going on and He can work it all out well for you. Thanks for checking in and letting us know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit publish before I was finished. Just wanted to say "Amen" to that comment about children. I know that you gave Liam a good example. Prayers that things will change for the better for you soon, my friend. Sending love and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, cool is next, Gosh I wish you could move quicker. You have a busy schedule at work. Banks are not our friends, sadly. I like the new background in here, very fall looking and very neat. I imagine you are fast asleep now but I hope your team won. You remain in prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH no, Linda! I cannot believe all the hoops you are having to jump through to get into your house! Wow! Has anything been done about the well or septic yet? I am praying everything will come together just in the nick of time so you don't end up moving twice, but it is nice to know there is other housing available if you need it. I believe you are at the point of needing to be out of where you are sooner rather than later. I will definitely keep praying. God knows what is best for you and He will work it out. And yes, we are all ready for some cooler air. Little by little it is inching its way down, but the humidity is still with us. It won't be long now. Sending you a big (((HUG))) today. Praying for some good answers SOON> Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Linda! I hope you hear something soon about staff housing. Praying for your housing situation and answers soon. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I copied the graphics...so good. Excellent advice in a nutshell and the minion one was just plain funny. It is incredible to me that you are being pushed around. What kind of a lousy bank is that? Would a credit union be any better?
    Praying for things to straighten up and fly right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry the process of getting your home has become such a nightmare. It shouldn't have to be this dang hard! Prayers, my friend. I have to believe that God's delays are not God's denials. In His time. And about the Tarjay incident...my friend had an experience yesterday at a laundromat that left her shaking and angry. A woman was letting her kid go buck wild all over the place and wouldn't stop the child from messing with everyone's clothes, etc. The little girl grabbed my friend's laundry basket and all my friend did was politely tug it back from her and said, "No, no sweetie", and the MOM went bananas! She cussed my friend and made a huge scene...threatened her. Police had to be called. It was so scary and now my friend is absolutely traumatized to return there. I told her she can use my washer/dryer anytime. And all because this mom was too lazy to do her job. It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in California an minimum annual income of 100,000 to buy a house. Many places are higher due to the higher costs of real estate. It’s always been this way - from as far back that I can remember. Crazy. It really takes 2 working persons to be able to purchase a home here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cooler is coming, Linda, and there won't be snow!! :) Sending love, hugs, and my prayers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH GOOD GRIEF on the bank being so difficult. It's not like y'all are buying a mansion, or something. Golly. Sending prayers for a better result. I keep up with all sales around here and, so far, so good. Prices for home sales & rentals are high but not that high. If they were our economy would be completely stagnant.
    I didn't know you had such long work hours. I was tired just reading that ... *grin* Stay strong. It's not forever, right?!
    We've had events happen with kids "little dawlings". Yeah, I had to say sumpthin' too.
    I pray daily for our Country and our world. There's a lot of folks that still haven't given their hearts to Christ and that shows.
    Love & Prayers,
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you can get the housing from your work, so you can get some relief. It must be hard for both sides to be living in each others space for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back in 2004, our lender did the same thing -- asking for more documentation up until the day before closing. I don't know if they were hoping we'd just get so frustrated and walk away or what, but it sapped all the joy right out of us. Praying you get out of THERE sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you, not much else to say. I know you are both spent. Tired, pushed to the edge and yet somehow you remain decent and kind. I think you both deserve a medal. For character and faith and just being beaten down and still able to get up and move forward. May God be with you both and may Satan drop into a vacuum in a black hole in the earth by God's choice and leave you alone. PRAYING you get answers to move.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)