Sunday, September 18, 2022

Rambling Sunday Steal

 Good morning from a very soggy and wet Central Florida, I am not complaining as I rather enjoy this weather. It's currently only 73-75* but 100% humidity and quite dark and windy. The husband and I are out on the covered back porch both on our laptops. 


To answer a few comments that were left on this blog: NOPE NOT A DARN THING IS HAPPENING WITH OUR HOUSE, NOTHING, ZIP. I better leave it at that, and that is why this past Monday I filed for staff housing. Excuses after excuses, jumping thru one hoop after another and we decided if closing isn't happening, then come that Monday Oct. 3, we will get our monies back, period. We figured the bank wants to raise the interest rate, yeah...never mind.

P.S. Pamela, we will get that desk, soon. We really appreciate y'all storing it for us. smiles


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World"... Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves. 

Do you have any Pepto-Bismol in your house?

My husband keeps the pill kind, not the liquid. He actually keeps a nice emergency mail bag full of everything under the sun. We learned a hard lesson many years ago.
 
Do you have a favorite flavor of vodka?

Yep, sure do. I happen to like vodka, especially Raspberry.
 
Is your backyard big enough to fit a trampoline?

Yep, and then some. 

When was the last time you had eggs?

Yesterday. We went to a local restaurant Wolfy's that has been here since I can remember and the food was just as great as it was 30 yrs ago and I had scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits with gravy all for under $6. Way cheaper than Cracker Barrel. And the service is way better. It pays to be at that Senior Citizen age, just saying. grin

 How often do you blow dry your hair, and what color is your blow dryer?

Everyday. I live in a very humid Florida. My hairdryer is black.

 Have you ever gone to bed later than three AM?

Sure, when I was younger and partied hardy. 

Have you been to a surprise party before?

Yep, several including my own.

 What is your least favorite month?

July-August. It's hotter than a cat on a hot tin roof. However, since moving back to Florida...just saying lol.

 Have you ever gone to see a movie the day it came out?

Yep several...we did wait a few weeks to see Top Gun 2...since we have been living here, we visit the movies quite a bit, again it pays to be a Senior Citizen and Florida recognizes this special age of 55---NY didn't...although I have to say, I don't feel 55 most days.

 Do you like movies/books about drugs, and why or why not?

No, I have no desire for that stuff...including Scarface although I have seen that several times.
 
Do you have scrap paper by your computer desk?

I do at work. Tons of it. I am the queen of sticky notes and scrap paper, lol. Although I have since learned to talk and type and write while on the phone. LOLOL

 Have you ever kept a bag from a store because you liked it?

Sure. Like Macy's.

 Was the last thing you drank carbonated?

Hmm....yesterday...since the days are hot and humid, I do drink a root beer or Peach Crush once a day.

Do you own any yellow clothing?

Yes...since moving back here, I have added shades of yellows, oranges and greens to my wardrobe. Since all of my clothing is still in storage, every pay day (twice a month), I visit Marshalls or the Outlet stores...and since I have dropped 45 lbs (thanks to grieving and stress) I really don't think my cloths in storage will fit anymore. ANYWAYS, I have a nice new wardrobe going on and hubby even remarked, "I wonder if all these clothes and shoes are going to fit in the new house." grin---they are barely fitting in the small closet now.

Last person you argued with?

My husband...I am done dealing with the house issue and he agreed that we would wait until that Monday Oct. 3 and go from there. I am just d-o-n-e dealing with everyone's issues (i.e.  housing situation and the current housing situation with no ac etc.).


Not so sunny here today, but nonetheless, I can't stress enough how free my feet feel, LOLOLOL.

14 comments:

  1. Hi LInda. I just cannot believe how incredibly hard this whole thing has been for you guys to get into your own place. I think there is really something great in store for you guys and satan wants to prevent that. Keeping you in prayer. Let us all know when you get into the housing that your job provides. That will be a blessing, because it sounds like the situation is not good with the housemates. You will probably be able to save more money once you are in the provided housing at your job as well. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't start of being hard, but it has been the last 30-days or so...one excuse after another. I told my husband perhaps, the good Lord doesn't want us to do this...and he said, "Perhaps we ought to fight harder so satan doesn't win." Whatever. lol

      Delete
  2. I hope you find housing soon! How frustrating.
    I like root beer too. I need some, I am currently out. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, have a beautiful week ahead, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the house! Why, why why can't things every go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, crap in a basket on the house issue. Don't they want to sell their inventory? Good grief! Praying that things will move along positively over the next two weeks! Wishing you those blessings ahead!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrrr! I am so mad about your house situation! It has just been one thing after another.
    No yellow in my wardrobe. I look totally washed out in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda, I am SO sorry you are having so many issues with this housing deal. And no worries about the desk. It is safe where it is. The most important thing is to get you guys settled somewhere and soon. God knows why all this is happening, and I do wish He'd let you know too, but all I can say is "Wait on the Lord..." (Psalm 27:14) He will bring it all to pass in His perfect timing...or He will redirect your steps to something even better than you ever dreamed. I am praying. At least it is starting to cool down some, except for the humidity, but this too shall pass...(((hugs))). Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a nation wide push to confiscate homes by Black Rock and big banks. I am dealing with it myself and the moratorium on mortgage payments for covid was part of the scam. I will pray more for you. I want so much for you to have your home. I just hate whats being done to God's children lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope either closing goes well for you or you are able to get into staff housing soon. Continuing to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I'm so sorry for all the housing issues. I hope it gets settled really soon or that (through the Lord) there is something even better for you all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the further explanations. Trusting God isn't easy for sure. You and your hubby have really been put to the test time and time again. I am praying for you to have your own home asap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you find housing soon too. You have been there a while and it is probably stressful on both families.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Linda this makes me so sad. I wish I knew how to help you. Youa re so far away. But you are not alone. very's co worker gave up the sharing a house with strangers and took an apartment in Colorado Springs, it will be difficult in the winter driving back and forth about an hour and half. The cost there is $800 for a single man in an apt. Of course, no looney tunes run that city. The commies call it a bible thumping town. Yeah it has Pikes Peak and more beauty then anything but the government is not liberal and they make things work for the working class and the large military base there too. Times are turning to Satan to have his way for a while longer. But Jesus is coming soon so I am betting my life on Him. Ok, now my mom is in my head telling me to behave and go pray harder. Good night and godspeed to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)