Saturday, September 3, 2022

Sunday Salon on a Saturday

 Let's see, I know it's Saturday, but I may as well do the Sunday Salon, grin. Thank you all for your kind comments yesterday. I wish we all could meet up and have one big party, grin. What such fun that would be.


Time: 7:20 am

Scene: 73*. Calling for our usual afternoon showers.

Drinking: Coffee with Italian Sweet creamer.

Thinking/Today's Plan: I need to get around. Have to meet the well / septic/ water folks over at the land this morning and then need to run into town. The manufactured home folks need our approval on some things for the cottage/home.

Listening to:  Hubby has Youtube on and he is eating his cereal, rather noisily, LOL.

What's for dinner? Who knows. The most important, what's for breakfast? Hubby is having a bowl of Corn Pops cereal (HA, he is making a joke about Biden).

Reading: Nothing. Absolutely nothing...does the news count? Such a disappointment in the current administration and the hate that gets spewed out of this demented administration. Just saying. The rising costs of everything, inflation, growing debt with other countries etc. My husband firmly believes the end is near for the end of democracy as we know it.

Pondering:


The Artemis Moon Launch today at 2. And how much it costs; $80+Billion. We will hopefully see it--although the cost is just unbelievable and eye popping. Off to the moon!

Today starts the official start of college football here in the south and elsewhere. Not that we have access to a tv, but hopefully we can watch some on the computers.


yeahhhhhhhhhh...not quite that fall feeling here in central Florida just yet, LOL---and it sure seems surreal that we are back living in the flip flop land and not having to worry about the changing seasons and snow. Have a great day all and I will be back later to get caught up on the blogs and FB.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Yeah, disappointment in Biden here too, for many things. I would like to see DeSantis or Greg Abbott make a run for the white house in 2024. I'd even support Mike Pence - I would take a hard look any Republican that has demonstrated respect for the Constitution. I hope the meeting with the well/septic folks go well. If I lived in Florida we would meet up for sure. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, keep DeSantis here in Florida, grin. I don't think, jmo, that Pence isn't all he says he is. I like Abbott--smiles.

      Delete
  2. Always good to catch up with you, Linda! Hope your running around today goes smoothly. Wishing with running around here and home for the rest of the day. Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad y'all opted to stay home, away from the traffic and annoying crowds. Sounds like just the R-and-R your souls need. Hate to say it, but I agree with Dave's take about our nation. The Commander-in-Grief's speech Thursday night just did it for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra...I hear ya on the thought of the Commander in Grief.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're moving forward on the cottage, everything has gotten so expensive, I want to ask everyone who voted for him if they're happy now ha. Give your hubby a good smack for me, no eating noisily. :). I rather envy the extended flip flop season, it was chilly here already yesterday, our pool is freezing. I'm super excited about you guys getting a brand spankin' new place though, I think you'll appreciate it a million times more, after being houseguests for all this time...because no matter how nice, how kind, how hospitable your friends are, it's just stressful after such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepppppppppppppppppppppp...oh and its 99* here...hot and sticky.

      Delete
  5. I had sweet cream in my coffee today. We have been in the 100's all week and we just had a minor earthquake about 20 minutes ago. Calif. shake and bake. Will you be in your new home by Christmas? Enjoy your weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOWOW on the earthquake. We hope to be in our new home by Halloween, smiles.

      Delete
  6. I love that college football has started! Can't wait to watch my Georgia Bulldogs this afternoon. And no, it doesn't feel like fall here, either, Linda. C'mon October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's warm here today too, nothing like FL though.
    I am so appalled by what Biden and crew are doing, Spreading division and hate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Crisp Air, Pretty Leaves, etc. meme except for football. I'd put "motorcycles" instead. Lovely riding weather.
    So happy the cottage is still going forward. I pray it all goes well.
    We're bearly hanging on too but have found many creative ways to save or not spend money. I'll have to share 'em. It'll all work out and this demon in office right now has a limited life span. His days are numbered.
    Love ya.
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us are barely hanging on...just keeping it real. smiles---and the ac is on, been on and Dave turned it down to 75, grin.

      Delete
  9. Whoa, I just heard a huge crack of thunder and saw the lightning almost simultaneously. Oh, there went another...we are about to have another storm. Still Waters Pond is happy. I hope all went "well" with the well /septic people today. They need to get a move on if you are going to get in the house in October. Will the house be delivered and set up BEFORE you close on it? I hope so, so you can inspect it before you sign on the dotted line. And make sure you do inspect it thoroughly. Sometimes when they are delivered directly from the factory they may have left out something you wanted. So make sure you check every little detail and let them know. Been there and done that at another home we had. But they were good to take care of everything in a reasonable amount of time. Regarding the administration...I think Jesus is coming soon. This stuff that is going on is just plain evil and crazy. Praying for God to intervene on our behalf before they start trying to put us in the cattle cars...I cannot believe how demented this admin. is....Okay I have to get off the computer. The lightning is all around us and it is pouring down rain again. 8:00 pm! Take care and God bless....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't gotten our nightly storm yet...just a matter of time...and yes, the home will be delivered etc. Actually, we elected to take the one on the lot--I am not waiting anymore, I told them today, I'll take the one on the lot--because it was going to be another delay. I don't mind--it's still new etc. So, we were leaving, and they were locking it up and the guys were "wrapping" it-securing the windows etc. Keeping you all in prayer.

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed your post, Linda. Hope you could answer the questions about your new home and all is well there. Glad you are just taking it easy this weekend. Hugs, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all is well here...counting the days down. We got to get out etc... of here. I just hope my patience can last another 30 days, grin. I told hubby if there is a delay, we will head over to my work where they have staff housing across the street and it only costs $50 bi weekly and its houses, should of done that in the beginning...oh well, lesson learned. smiles

      Delete
  11. Time flies.. cannot believe we are wrapping up summer here.... have a great one and glad things are moving along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you Bunk! These past 9 months have been rough...no need to explain that. smiles

      Delete
  12. I love the changing of seasons (California style) I just can't wait to get past these 110+ temps. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now the Republicans will deny the school loan plan but make sure all of you Dems/Rhinos/Repubs all take a fat chunk of cash for yourselves and dump a boat filled with cash to Ukraine. In Texas the socialist looks like he might get Gov. Abbott out of office. I never had a nightmare so horrific as what is happening in America. Went to buy a bag of egg noodles, $4.59 for the name brand, $3.49 for the generic brand! Sickening. As sad as it is that Queen Elizabeth passed away (due to her place in history for over 70 years) the truck loads of money from the people already struggling to survive will be used for a ten day mourning period. Sorry but once we leave this body God has already judged us accordingly. I am so thankful He does not look at our status in this world to judge us. You can always read & delete my comments. I have no filter anyway. I am sad to see our country be turned into another holocaust ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)