I am running so behind...this week has been one of those weeks from he hockey sticks...and I wasn't online, nor did I check emails etc. until yesterday.
...hmm on that thought...grin
Time: 9:55 am
Scene: 88*, humidity is 84%, dewpoint is 75*. yeah soupy.
Drinking: Just finished a cup of coffee with Italian Creamer.
Reading: I picked this up yesterday at Ollies for $3.99
Pondering: Do you really want to know? grin
10-12 more years of working.
Being 55 and having a different outlook on life in general.
Had a nice visit with my parents yesterday
The passing of our family pet; Coffee the German Shepherd yesterday--we were at my parents when our friends called...nonetheless, Coffee was a faithful and loyal companion to our son for nearly 15 years. We are assured he is in our sons' arms, and they are playing ball and having a grand time in Heaven. All dogs go to Heaven, right?
The cruelty of people's words: Someone said to me the other day...I wanted to clear the air, Liam passed away of Natural Causes. There was no foul play, no drugs, no alcohol etc. I wish folks would just stop and think of our feelings and the grieving of finding our son and the awfulness of such of that day. I am trying not to take that to heart--those words of what was said by someone...because obviously, no one was there but us that day and they possibly could never know etc...and also, obviously, they didn't know Liam well enough to know that Liam hated and detested folks who did drugs etc. He was a fine young man who never caused us any heart ache. Today marks 9 months of his passing...and I wish I could say it gets easier...
Pondering...one of our housemates decided she had enough of the high electric bill and turned the central ac off last week---yep and its miserable. I better leave it at that. Folks, it's STILL SUMMER HERE in central FL where the days are humid and near 100.
The ac went out at work/the office I work in-it got hit by lightning---again, miserable. So, when I get home, I spend the rest of the evening in the bedroom as we have a room ac.---and it has caused a rift with our housemates...so sorry...but I am 55 years old and pay 1/2 the electric bill and I am not sweating through this Florida heat.
Lack of customer service nowadays...just saying.



Oh Linda, I am sorry about Coffee's passing. But I do firmly believe he is playing in Heaven with your son. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeletePeople’s words……that’s why every day I ask the Lord to guard mine! I’m sorry to hear about that, about Coffee, and soupiness. I always look forward to your posts and keep y’all in prayer. You’re and inspiration,
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Wow, sounds like you have had a rough week. So sorry to hear that Coffee passed, but yes I believe that he is with Lian. I can't imagine what your housemates are thinking with turning off the A/C. Wow - it is still way too hot to turn off the air conditioning. I am so very sorry to hear that someone said something so cruel and thoughtless about Liam. It is hard to imagine anyone being to mean and rude. I am glad to hear that you had a nice visit with your parents. You are in my prayers that things go better next week.
ReplyDeleteOur humidity seems more heavy this year than in the past. But it's September and the weather will be improving.
ReplyDeleteThe comments of others can cut deeply at times. I'm sorry you've had to experience that. I tell myself what Jesus said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." We have to take on that mindset and then leave the matter in the Lord's hands because we are not able to take care of it ourselves.
Hugs to you.
Oh Linda, I cannot believe the cruelty of people. I am so sorry you are experiencing such ignorance and thoughtlessness from others. And I am so very sorry to hear about Coffee's passing. I know that has to hurt deeply. But yes, thinking of him with Liam, frolicking together in the green meadows of heaven...no more pain or sorrow there...yes, I love that thought. And I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would turn off the AC in this horrid heat and humidity we are experiencing right now...especially when you are paying 1/2 the electric bill for them. I know you are counting down the days until you are in your own home and that it can't get here fast enough. Praying that God will give you grace and peace in your hearts to carry you through. I know things get rough when we live with other people too long..."worlds colliding"...but I hope it won't hurt your friendship overall. It's just time for you to be in your own home. God knows and I believe He's working on it. I hope He's putting a cattle prod under the rear ends of the well and septic and Manufactured Home people to get this job done in record time. Praying praying praying. We love you guys and pray for you every day. (((hugs))).
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Your housemates need to live somewhere besides Florida if they actually turn off the air conditioning because of a high electric bill! Soon buddy, soon!
ReplyDeleteI was so sad to learn of Coffee's passing, Linda. One wonders sometimes just how much sorrow a person can handle. Thankfully we have Jesus. He is who gets me through each day and I know you lean on Him too. Hugs, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI would melt away into a puddle without a/c. We had two days of cold weather, rain and temps in the 40's Friday and low fifties yesterday at the Scottish Festival in Estes Park. I overheard a gentleman tell someone the fog sitting on the mountains and the drizzling rain, ah, it reminds me of home in Scotland. It was great fun. I am so sorry on your Coffee's loss. You betcha he went straight to be with his boy. I truly believe it. Don't need the hatrer's to correct us or tell us otherwise. I am going to sit down and write you a nice long letter. Probably typed because my poor pathetic handwriting. The meanness of others in the passing of a loved one....unbelievably cruel. Many years ago a woman I worked with said, are you still mourning the loss of an unborn baby? I got over it when I lost mine! W O W ! A punch in the face & the gut! Sorry you did not love that little life because I sure did. We need to remember grief is something that has no rules or numbers of days, weeks, months, years that we mourn. I find mental cruelty from people the ultimate form of bitterness. My heart hurts for you with people being nosey nosey nosey. That person is not a dr. or the county coroner. I say MYOB! Incredibly cruel. I pray for you always and I hope your home is ready soon. You will be happier I know because you can do whatever you like and only have yourself and your husband to look at all the cost of everything. Much love and many cooler days ahead for you, I pray.
ReplyDeleteI just want to give you a big hug. I’m so sorry about Coffee. And that someone hurt your feelings about Liam. And the air conditioner stuff….it all just stinks. You are in my prayers. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine being without air conditioning here and I really can't imagine where you are! Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteWell, yes, I do think there are animals in Glory. There's a verse somewhere... If I ever find it, I'll share. I am so sorry about Coffee. He sounds like a love. I know you've been concerned recently about him.
ReplyDeletePraying for the AC situation. That would be like someone's turning off the heat here in January.
Hope that this week goes much better.
I am so sorry about Liam's dog Linda. My oldest daughter and her family recently lost their family dog and it was tough. We got a notice from our electric company warning everyone of price increase due to cost and not just electric bill going up because of heat temps. Well, we were warned and it's a good thing because Marty about passed out and we have always maintained a decent electric bill especially since we redone our roof about 6 years ago to a metal roof. Helped tremendously on our light bill. But, what hasn't went up in price, right? Happy week to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteI feel for you - regarding a comment from someone about your son's death.
ReplyDeleteIt happens. Just before my son's memorial service, I heard "church gossip" that my son committed suicide. That was not true at all and it hurt me deeply to think a church that I went to and raised my kids in, actually was spreading this around. I did talk to the Pastoral staff and they were as appalled by it as me. Which just goes to show, people; even Christian people spread gossip.
No dear Linda, it never becomes easier. Granted I don't feel as you do - its still fresh and new to you - it will be 20 years next May. But just a month of so ago, I was speaking to someone who asked - and I felt that tug in my heart - I felt myself try and choke back the tears - tears that I thought had pretty much dried up. I was surprised since I try and block those extreme emotions - I guess I need to let them out every once in while.
I know my grandma had a couple of still births, and a SID death - and she never got over it. When she would talk about it, she would cry.
It's just something we Moms and Dads have to learn to live with -
It still sucks!
I was so saddened to learn of Coffee's passing, Linda. But how great is it, he and his boy are together forever! I'm gobsmacked ... first, about the insensitivity of people insinuating there was more to Liam's passing. Slap her nasty face!
ReplyDeleteSecond, about your housemate turning off the A./C, particularly when y'all are paying half the electricity bill. To heck with the price of gas, I'd probably go sleep in the SUV with the engine and A/C running.
Hurry October!
Paying half the electric and no air conditioning? Oh H3ll Nawww... I need to increase my prayer for your situation. I feel so helpless. I know how it goes with people and comments on kids, etc. I had my share of insensitive comments but, people have no clue really and some are just gossips from the get go. I want to hug you so much and take away all your pain. If only I could.
ReplyDelete"Today marks 9 months of his passing...and I wish I could say it gets easier..."
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. 💙