Friday, September 2, 2022

Memeing it...

 It's "Friyay" here...and it also means a 3-day reprieve from work. SO, how about some memes?

P.S. To answer some comments:

--my husband is retired

--yes 6-9 months of a wait for concrete

--we have a 1/3 of an acre that the cottage will sit on.

--I work for the Dept. of Corrections as a Classification clerk. Listen, us clerks are what makes the prison(s) run...don't mess with us (lololol)--we do everything from Out to Court Transfers, Identification, Filing, Intakes, Transfers to other prisons etc. Folks think we have easy peasy jobs, ha...NOT. NOT that I am downplaying being an Officer (they are not called guards). I am just saying, our jobs are just as dangerous as the officer(s). My office is far in the prison gates, actually, I have intense security pass throughs.

--We have a closing date of Oct. 2--it will be either that Friday before or Monday---and it might be the following Friday. But it will be the first week.


Hello and welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. We are so glad you have you join in. The "Ber" months have begun: September, October, November and December.   Let's talk about September okay?


1. When you were in school or university, did you look forward to returning? Why or why not?

Yes, I liked returning. I can't believe I have been out of college for 2 years now.

2. September has Labor Day, which, for many is the signal of summer's end and fall's grand entrance.  Do you celebrate Labor Day in any way or is it just a day off for you?

Right now...as I speak our housemates have left for the beach until Tuesday-they asked us to come with. We have elected to stay here...we need a break from each other ((grin)). So, right now, it's just a day to relax...actually...b-r-o-k-e comes to mind. We finished paying off the closing of the house. We are meeting the well/water people etc. tomorrow at the land. We also decided not to head out anywhere--and stay here.

3. September's birthstone is the Sapphire which is 2nd only to a diamond in hardness. (Ruby is a red sapphire by the way) It comes in many colors.  Do you know your birthstone and do you like it?

Aquamarine and I love it and have numerous jewelry pieces.

4. September's birth flower is the Astor. What is yours?

Daffodil. I like daffodils and they remind me of spring.


1. Something you've labored over recently?

Work and the very fact I am really not sleeping well. 

2. How will you rest on Labor Day? 

Just plain r and r. I plan not doing much and we are ok with that. It's been a long 5 months since we have been here sharing a house (and a long near 9 months since our son passed away--no, I really can't say long--it's just different) --to which have been a Godsend to us--just keeping it real--but we just need to be on our own.

3. Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, "I learned the value of hard work by working hard." Would you agree? Where and how did you learn the value of hard work? 

My parents and grandparents.

4. It's National Eat Outside Day (August 31st). Will you? Do you enjoy dining 'al fresco' or prefer indoor seating? 

We dined inside here at the house. It is still too hot and humid to eat outside. I like to eat outside when the weather is a tad bit less humid.

5. Somehow, it's the end of August. What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so? 

Honestly, the days have all been running together...I really can't say just one thing...meeting up with fellow blogger Pamela and her family and having a good heart to heart talk with them, really put joy in our lives. As did meeting up with fellow bloggers Barbara and Terri a couple of months ago.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Well...not quite yet here...but it will be come late October into late Nov. We have to get though hurricane season first, grin.

14 comments:

  1. Shhh, don't say that word that starts with an H and ends with a cane! I am praying we are sneaking by this season without one to speak of. That would be wonderful. Oh, I do hope everything comes together for the closing the first week of October! I've been praying for you to stay "cool, calm, and collected". I know it's been difficult, but you've done very well. I'm glad you are having some down time this weekend and some private time together as well. You need that. Oh, I didn't know the new Tuesday 4 was up already. I know I missed this weeks meme, but maybe I'll get the new one done by Tuesday. Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed being with you and Dave so much, and we look forward to seeing you again soon...when you are ready to get your desk, or before if you want! Our home is always open to you! Just let us know when you are coming so we'll be here...or you can probably always find us at Dixie Cottage if we aren't home! LOL. That is our new home away from home! Please take care and relax this weekend. (((hugs))) you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be up soon--prob after we get all the storage unit cleaned out--hopefully before mid Nov, grin. I am really looking forward to seeing you all again, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You hit all the memes!! I'm glad you and Dave have the weekend to yourselves. Rest, Linda!! Rest!! I am excited that the closing is getting closer!! I am glad you got to meet Pam & John. I want to drive up that way in a few weeks (hopefully when it is cooler). Maybe we can work out another meet-up there?! Happy weekend (I have to work Monday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like that (meetng up again)smiles. Sorry you have to work on Monday--I actually literally flew out the door/gates today, LOLOLOL.

      Delete
  4. Whoa...you guys have been busy! I imagine your job is very stressful for a lot of reasons. I don't know that I could stand being locked in with the inmates. It sounds like you are long overdue for some rest and relaxation and that staying home was a good choice for you two. We have lived with others a time or two so I totally get the need to be on your own. 6-9 months for concrete??? That is just crazy! The Lord is sure teaching you patience. Still praying it all comes together smoothly and quicker than they say for you. You guys deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have a closing date - a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I think a weekend by yourself is a good thing. They are great friends to let you stay with them, but everyone needs a little time to themselves.
    My birthstone is Topaz and I don't like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really wonderful that you got to meet these people and that it made you so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The multiple memes theme as great! You got to answer lots of questions. How good for you to have a few days to yourselves. Probably good for your friends, too. I don't want to wish September away, but for you I will. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. Good to hear what is going on with you. I always appreciate your honesty. I am glad that you finally have a closing date on the cottage. I hope that all goes well. Have a relaxing Labor Day weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on moving forward with the house purchase. You will need to rest for sure as there is so much work that will come when you move. Enjoy your rest and the move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like exciting times are coming. So glad the closing is coming up soon! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd turn the A/C on while they're gone.
    Glad you're enjoying the job.
    Love, Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late getting around to commenting...I've already started enjoying my pumpkin coffee drinks :) But it's still been hot so I've had them iced with yummy cold foam and sprinkled with nutmeg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will be in your home very soon. Keep praying, keep planning and always trust Our Lord. We enjoy just being lazy and we watched lots of old westerns, Raw Hide, Wagon Train and of course the famous TV lawyer Perry Mason. REST RELAX REPEAT when you have time off. Much love to you .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)