Sunday, May 29, 2022

Front Porch Chats...

 Thank you all for the kind thoughts, emails, comments and IM's yesterday. Recovering from an asthma attack feels like a 3-day banger, NOT that I would ever know about that---but I can only imagine. Due to the steroids, I am on, my feet have ballooned up to an uncomfortable swollenness...and so now the dr. has ordered complete bedrest or easy chair rest. Gotta get that swollenness down. ANYWAYS...at least I can get blogging and catching up to do, right?

our current living arrangements, which they have been very caring through my whole ordeal.

Linking back to Monica.

Time: 8:15 am

Scene: 70 and sunny. Suppose to be in the 90's today.

Drinking: I already had my cup of coffee with Italian Creamer and Kim made homemade pancakes, those were so good.

Today's Plan: Sitting in my chair. All.Day. Because not one of these other people that also live here won't allow anything else. NOR will the animals. One dog is to the right, the other left, the cat is on table starring me down and the other dog is looking in the glass door. LIKE THEY WERE COMMANDED DO THIS. LOL

Listening to: My hubby and Kim discuss dinner plans...I believe the Instant Pot has been bought out.

Watching: Since I am housebound, I have been catching up on my Youtubing. I really like


Danu's Irish Herb Garden---personally speaking, I think it's time to rethink things and start approaching my late adulthood in a more holistic way. Been thinking just not doing it for some time now. That goes with saying; I have been using paraben free/sulfate shampoo for a while now--and my hair is a bit more thankful--perhaps the body needs to be as well. When I went to the dr. the other day--the grief has taken a toll; a total of 45 pounds have been taken off. I don't think grieving is the way to go -Just saying.

***on that note we are both in agreement to shaping our little piece of land and making it a living garden, herbs, edible flowers, plants etc.

P.S. Yeah, Blogger is being Blogger and won't allow the Youtube, so you can just look it up yourself. She has a Youtube and blog.

Randomness: Nothing to report or discuss. The world is a cruel place, and the devil is walking freely. Enough of the lukewarmness folks.

Bible Quote:


I hope you all have a beautiful day, friends.

17 comments:

  1. The ladies scythe sure looks tame to what my folks had! It took about a 5 foot swath! LOL.... Feel better soon, take care and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals always know when their people are not well. I think it worries them. Maggie gets clingy when I'm having trouble. Such a sweet dog.
    Going holistic is always a good choice. That's why we eat keto: no sugar/low carb's, fewer meals. Saves money. Saves our health! Our bodies have thanked us for it. Blood pressure is a totally different issue, as you are sadly also painfully aware, and my dear husband is having to deal with that. It is what it is. We do the best we can. Amen?! Praying for you to heal soon.
    Love ya friend. Get well soon
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. Amen to living to living a broken world. It has been a sad, sad week. I am glad that you are being cared for and that you are starting to feel better. I love the idea of living more holistically. I can't wait to move out of this condo and back into our home where I can get out in a garden. That will either be later this year or next. I will have to look up that youtube. Have a good Sunday. Will pray for your healing. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, have a restful day. Hope the swelling goes down in your feet so you are able to get up and do. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The evil that is so prevalent now doesn’t even compare to the complete unleashing of evil, when Jesus comes to take His bride. We can’t even fathom.

    I’m on my phone so Blogger has me commenting as Anonymous. I try to change it and nothing. So frustrating.

    Take care, kid and keep looking up.

    Hug, Debby -from my house

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you that the devil is walking freely. People need to wake up (not woke up!). Take care of yourself!! Let everyone pamper you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really pretty video. I'm going to try to finish watching when I feel that I have a moment. Glad everyone is keeping you honest, including the pets. It will be fun and healing for you to set up your garden and home the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! Still holding you in my prayers, Linda. I'm happy Dave has like-minded reinforcements there with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you have such compassionate guardians...friends and pets included. And I am glad you are behaving and obeying their commands! Hopefully the meds and the rest will have you back to "normal" (whatever that is) soon. Meanwhile just enjoy the rest and pampering. It's too hot to go outside anyway. And we are glad to have you back here writing to us in blogland. It was way too quiet this past week without you!! I knew something had to be really wrong. Thankful that God is taking good care of you. Oh, the herb garden kind of lot and land sounds lovely. I know your new home will be so wonderful...so just get well soon so things can get rolling along..."In His Time". Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking you'd have a whole host of people from all over the country swarming down on you if you tried to get up and do things before the doc says it's okay! Count me among them. The living garden sounds like a great plan. I know we need to start doing better than we have been, as well. It's just so stinkin' hard to be good. Darn you, chocolate and salty carbs! I hope you can enjoy the weekend a little bit. Take care and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor thing, this is no way to get a rest! That being said, keep resting and get that swelling down.
    I need to be losing weight and living healthier, and start doing it instead of just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, nice you have so many people looking out for you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lukewarm is right. What more can be said...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope you're soon on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so right Linda. We can not be lukewarm. Hannah has been into everything natural since learning of her friend Ryans pancreatic cancer. He passed away at 33 in April 2022. All the poison in our foods, bioengeering in cereal . Hershey and Nestle both wrote me back stating the ingedients in their products would not harm us. Ok thanks - and we know B*ll G*t*s is a terrific scientist too! So they are mind readers or think they are God Almighty? The devil has free privledges for a while longer. I pray Jesus comes sooner then later. Please take care of you. I am glad you have people and pets watching your back! Animals have such an incredible nature to know when we are not well. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)