I am going to link back to Monica as she is the first blog that showed up on my list.
Saturday May 14, 2022
Outside: Sunny and getting warm. 78* at 9 am.
Thankful: For starting my job at the Dept. of Corrections-strictly Admin. Although I am currently in Orientation for a week. Why I have no idea because I am in a room full of correction officers and the Orientation strictly has to do with them/guidelines, not my position. They off to "boot camp" next week though--so I have no idea what they will do with me.
Thinking: Not much-my brain is pretty foggy. Kim has decided because Bob isn't home-the ac has been off for the las 3 days...been very uncomfortable-the house is staying at 85. My husband said not say anything...so I won't (Bob said not say anything--although we have been paying the electric bill).
Wearing: Blue jean Lee shorts, blue v neck t shirt and pink flip flops.
Creating: Not much.
Going: I think but not sure we are heading into town.
Post Office
Dog Food
Need gas in the car/SUV
**and If I can talk him into-I want to go over and look at Clayton Homes-a Modular builder.
Wondering: Once again how gas prices and food shortages are allowed in this country. I was also reading that the illegals are getting baby formula over the US Citizen. Pretty pathetic, but you didn't ask me for my true thoughts...grin
Praying: For all of you and just to keep it real, praying for my sanity over this issue of the ac (that is the present issue at the moment).
Learning: to be patient in dealing with living with another couple. I do spend much of my time in our room.
In the Kitchen: My husband made hot dogs and mac and cheese last night. I have no idea for tonight.
Around the Homestead: Not much.
Scripture for today:
and
I am trying, Lord really, I am...Have a beautiful day folks.



Wishing you a relaxing Saturday, Linda! Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. I hear you about the AC. Heat and I don't do well together (so why have we almost decided to move to Texas when we retire???? ;-) ) Just my thoughts here, but I would go with the modular home on a foundation, even though it is more expensive. I think you will be glad you did in the long run. We have friends in Wyoming who moved into a modular home on a foundation years ago (back in the 80s) and raised all their kids there. It is a home that has served them well. I hope you have a good day and accomplish all you need to do. Remember, God's got this!
ReplyDeleteBoy, I would sure be tempted to say something about the ac regardless of what anyone else says! I get it though...gotta keep the peace! Our house is a Clayton Manufactured home built in 2014. They do make some beautiful ones!
ReplyDeleteUndocumented people are not getting preference for baby formula over US citizens. Absolutely not true. There is a shortage in this country, partly due to recalls.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure where you get your news from, but even CNN is reporting this. ANYWAYS, not looking for a fight etc. Actually, there is quite a lot of news regarding these shortages; why, what's, who's etc.
DeleteHurray on the job you were waiting for! I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could tolerate such heat and humidity. I'm totally envious of those who can. I've got our A/C set at 71* and anyone who touches it dies. *giggle* When I'm hot, it's over 'cause I get sick as a dog. *grin* It's suddenly hot here but at least it's raining again.
Sending Love & Prayers,
Sparky xx
Before you blow, I would ask if it is possible to put the AC on. Explain why. Perhaps you can come to an agreement.
ReplyDeleteIf they send you to boot camp, I am coming down there to kick somebody's 🤬. And, yes, I always expect you to share your opinion so consider yourself asked.
I'm not going to boot camp-period. That is for Security Officers and my job position is Non Security/Admin. lol---who knows what they will do with me and the 4 others who are Non. lol
DeleteOh my word on that A/C ... or lack thereof! Wonder if you're not going to have scars on your tongue by the time your new home is ready! At least I'm thinking your new office space will be cool? You've got this, girl!
ReplyDeleteGood old orientation! Hopefully they won't make you do the boot camp. I try to keep my AC set on 78 but sometimes I have to go lower just to pull out some humidity. Can't imagine 85. One day at a time...
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could put a window AC unit in your bedroom? They are very inexpensive, and don't use a lot of electricity, and you would have a cool place to "hide". Although I do think if you are paying the electric bill you should be able to turn on the AC, esp. today it was 90 degrees. praying for that situation. You still have several months to go before you can get into your own home. I will be curious to hear what you discovered at Clayton Homes if you went there. I hope you will enjoy your new job. Orientation is just that...and I would assume your orientation will be more job related to what you will be doing. And yes, like Terri said, "one day at a time". God's got this. Hang in there...there is light at the end of the tunnel...And we are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteOh my word! That is too hot for me too! I wouldn't be able to sleep either. I hope it gets better. Congratulations on your job too! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Maybe set up shop in the RV as originally planned.... use the bathrooms in the house, but otherwise at least sleep out there with the air...
ReplyDeleteI totally understand living with someone else. I lived with my uncle for a year and I too spent most of my time in my room.
ReplyDeletecongrats on starting your new job! I hope it works out and it's something you love doing! I keep my AC on 75. That's not 85 but it's warm to most people around here.
GRRRR on the baby formula crap... js.
OH my goodness, the A/C! I cannot take the extreme heat or cold. But here I am buying another oscillating fan so Hannah and Jake can be comfortable at night if this cold holds on or not. We use a fan sometime even in the winter months. I remember when my cousin found out his dad had a brain tumor. He lived in Baton Rouge and took the A/C out. My cousin nearly cried when he when to visit his dad. My uncle said I took the heat when I was in the Philippines in the war! It's fine. God Bless him. Yes we just sent 6 containers of formular to our friend Amanada in Mount Morris, NY with the triplets. Had to shop at several stores and it cost Avery over $30 to ship it UPS but got there is a few days. Her phamily is very generous and sending the cost of everything to everyone sending them formula and paying for the shipping too. People will not understand what is actually happening here until it hits them personally. That is a F A C T no one can dispute. Everyone is going to suffer until Jesus returns. That is the other F A CT ! My sister is still blaming Trump......calling patriots terrorists. It is sad but all we can do is pray and wait for Rapture. I hope you can get the A/C on. Oh my word....love and hugs cold drinks and prayers.
ReplyDelete