Sunday, May 8, 2022

Front Porch Chats...

 Apologies, been pretty busy around here; the land is being cleared, and we took a day trip yesterday. Joining in with Monica and the meme. I have also linked our day trip, so if you want a virtual tour just click on the links.


P.S. Apologies for not being around...Thursday I had to go pick up my husband and Bob from the airport/ Orlando. And Friday was just so busy with moving things out of one storage unit and here and there.



Time: 8:20 am

Scene: All is quiet. 72* and sunny and it's going to be another warm one today (ok, who am I kidding? Hot).

Drinking: My second cup of Keurig Publix Breakfast coffee with Italian Cream.

Today's Plan: Well...we did todays plan yesterday:


We headed over to Tarpon Springs, which is just an hour's drive (the husbands surprised us). 


It was already a beautiful, warm (HOT!) morning when we got there. Yes, there were some high clouds, but nothing to worry about. Tarpon Springs is known for their Greek heritage.


Tarpon Springs is also the Sponge Capital of the Word. They still deep-sea dive to retrieve the sponges.


We had lunch at Dimitri's on the water. We all had something Greek; my lamb hamburger had olives, some sort of Greek Dressings, onions. While my husband and Kim enjoyed an alcoholic beverage or (two), Bob and I decided not to partake. Bob and Kim also celebrated their 39th Wedding Anniversary.


Then we walked up the street to Fournos Greek Bakery.


The owners were so kind and allowed us to take photos. Gosh, that place smelled amazing! 


 Bought some Baklava. Then because it was so hot, Bob was kind enough to take me and Kim over to the Beach (The guys hmm'ed and hawed all day about doing this, grin).


Beautiful Sunset Beach. Finally, after 30 years, made it back to the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.


That would be Kim wading in the water. She is so brave. Not me, I prefer to just stick my toes in the water, thank you very much.

Look at those fat little piggies, LOL.

It was low tide at the time. The water was the right temp; not to cold and not too hot. Like tepid bath water. I did pick up 3 seashells and some other rocks...they are presently sitting on our sons box/urn. BTW, the funniest thing happened. While we were "window shopping" (mind you the stores play Greek music), Sweet Home Alabama started playing...ok, son...thank you. grin--and that is my thought and I am sticking to it...even out of the clear blue sky... Bob goes, "Thanks Liam! Your mom and dad appreciate that." I am sure folks thought we were nuts, LOL.

Listening to: Bob and Kim just came home from the store. She is asking me did I see her blanket in the wash? No, oh, we think Dave hung it up on the line already, grin. (Yep, upon further investigation he did, LOL)

Watching: Nothing. LOL---Oh wait, does our dog count? He loves Kim and follows her around. He is finally settling down and seems to have recovered from the move. He is still missing his boy though...and I suppose he always will.

Quote:


Have a beautiful day friends.

10 comments:

  1. It sounded like you had a wonderful adventure to Tarpon Springs, Linda. Glad you were able to get to the beach. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you finally got to the beach. Even just sticking your toes in the surf is restorative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks be to God that the men decided to take you gals to the beach. It must have been wonderful to soak your feet for a while. This post just makes me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has finally stopped raining here and it is in the 70's today but will be in the 80's near 90 this week. UGH! The weather cannot make me happy. That is too hot when I am trying to do recess duty. I love that Sweet Home Alabama started playing! That is awesome. Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat, seeing you where spent a great time, enjoying good food. It's since burned to the ground, but Tom and I had our first date at a Greek restaurant there on the main drag where we had flaming cheese. When Ron and I first moved to Florida (late 80's) our favorite go-to was Sunset Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. I am thinking about and sending you love today. So glad that Liam was with you as you went to the beach. This day trip looks like the just the respite you needed. It's so exciting that the land is getting cleared. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fun place to visit. Glad you got to have a day away.
    I'd be with you with only my toes in the water.
    Love that they played Sweet Home Alabama. It will forever be known as Liams song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was perfect. I love this post. I was praying for you today. So thankful God has taken such beautiful care of you in the midst of everything. And that song playing out of the blue...yeah, that was definitely a God/Liam thing!!! Perfect. I am so glad God brought you down here to be with people who care and love you and are helping you to "heal". God knows exactly what you need. This was great. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joe and I loved going to Tarpon Springs. Hella's is my favorite bakery and eatery. I may have to check out Dimitri's next time I go! Glad you got a nice little day trip and happy anniversary to Kim and Bob! It is comforting when something happens and you know it is from your loved one! Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so glad you got to go to Tarpon Springs. I love going there. We took a sponge diving boat trip from there several years ago and that was so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)