Joining in with the Tuesday Meme.
Easter and Passover are coming quickly. Both are about life, so let's talk about life this week.
1. Is your life different this year? If so, how and what has changed?
Yes, it's very different...well publicized if I say so myself. Our one and only child/ young man passed away on Dec. 11, and we made the 1,000 mile move back to Florida. And I get the distinct feeling our son is happy and laughing about our adventure. Just saying.
2. Are you satisfied with your spiritual life or could it be better? What do/will you do to make it better?
Oh it could always better. I am working really hard to trust the good Lord and not "jump the gun" so to speak. When he told us the day after our son passed away, "MOVE" we did. NOW, we wait. Funny thing, we both heard the word MOVE and things fell into place.
3. What are you busy with today?
We are heading down to Belleview to the Land / Title office and close on a piece of property around the corner from our dear friends whom we are staying with. I suggested to my husband instead of trying to afford a house (very expensive here) and deal with the mortgage company etc...to buy a piece of property. So, hubby and Bob went over yesterday and walked the property-nice flat piece almost an acre of land, not on a flood zone and corner lot in the middle of nowhere (boonies). And then we will use it for collateral and put up a module or a mobile home. We have one picked out -a 3 bedroom 2 bath home and it looks just like a regular house with laminate wood flooring and it even has a separate family room--it will take 3 months total; gotta' have the septic, elec. everything done. Our friends are ok with all this; staying with them for a bit longer. AND I am pleasantly surprised that my husband agreed, as he grew up dirt poor in a trailer and he said he would never go back. He was really surprised on how they have changed through the years.
Will this matter in 1 year? 3 years? 5 years?
Yes, it will. It will be our forever home. We decided to go this route as it will be cheaper.
4. Do you serve others in life? How do you do that?
By the Grace of God, kindness goes along ways...just saying.


Hi Linda - this is great news and a good plan. As I told you yesterday, we were going to do the same thing years ago in Central Valley California but we couldn't afford the cost of digging the well. Modular homes are great - beautiful, large and well designed. You will love having your own large piece of property near to your friends. I hope things work out just the way you hope they will. Sending love and best wishes.
ReplyDeleteI'll email ya. smiles
DeleteCongrats on the decisions you’ve made for your new home. I am so happy for you guys. Listening to and waiting on God and doing it His way always brings such peace.
ReplyDeleteYes...no matter how impatient I am. Have a beautiful day friend.
DeleteStanding amazed at how quickly plans came together! It all sounds great to me. Yes, mobile homes are beautiful these days. Humming my way outta here this morning. 🎵 God is good.
ReplyDeleteQuickly? I wonder about that---to me it's going slow and then I am reminded it's only been a week. Glad your humming, lol. Have a beautiful day friend.
DeleteLinda, I cannot even express how amazing this plan is! Paul and I lived in a mobile home when we were newly married, traded it in for a brand new one and had it put in a beautiful little park near where he grew up...we had a nice big yard, and it was a brand new home! We had five kids in that trailer! I still have dreams we go back to it, I really loved it. They make them so totally awesomely now, you will love it. I think it's a million times better to have your own little kingdom, your own yard, than to live in an apartment. Congratulations! I am super excited for you! Yay!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the good news.. :)
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are right about your son looking on you from above.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
God's plan and timing is bringing it all together, Linda. Praying for it to continue to go smoothly for you. And 3 months seems like a long time, but it will go by quickly. Blessings to you and your friends!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. Who cares if it’s a stick house, a mansion, a shelter on wheels ir a modular home - as long as you like it - it’s home. We don’t have many of those types of homes here but I’ve always been intrigued by them. An acre of land is a good thing. I’m excited for you. Oh and take pictures. We’d all love seeing the property.
ReplyDelete3 months! Really? We recently talked to a manufactured home dealer and they said 8-9months!!!! Where did you go? Send me an email when you can. That’s wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you!! And to stay close to your friends is super wonderful!!! Love this news!!! Can’t wait to see your property. Pictures are in order!!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news! Things are falling into place and God is so good!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for you! Praying it all falls into place. The new modular homes are so nice!!
ReplyDeleteVery happy for you! GIOd gets us where we need to be Linda! I am thrilled for you. My SIL Lucy has a beautiful modular home. Holy SMokes, it has a gorgoeus kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and a beautiful office with glass french doors. They would like to move out of the park where they live. ALthough it is nice, too many rules! My niece leah has chihuahuas and she bought a small fence, like a baby fence, our son had one when the boys were tiny. So she could let them out to use the potty. The park said tyou can not have that ugh! So my SIL is saving to get a piece of land. Your answers are so good. I talk too much and my blog posts are long. I forget to add my Tesday4 so I went back and now my post is longer still !But I had lots on my mind. Praying all goes well for you. LOVE to you my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it must be a relief to have your future home settled. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooo happy for the two of you. Can't wait to watch the house become a home! 💛
ReplyDeleteA double-wide manufactured home is NOT a trailer. There are no wheels on it and once it is in place, there ain't no moving it! Manufactured homes have changed and are comfortable and safe now. Good for you!! Keep us posted! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks for the address - so good to find you again! :)
ReplyDeleteI think your plan sounds very wise. And I think living in the boonies is the best!
this gave me chills! Hearing from the Lord and obeying are wonderful. When you said son is happy and laughing at your adventure, I couldn't help but smile!
ReplyDeleteModular home is a great choice! They are practical and way faster and cheaper than building. Materials are outrageous. You will have plenty of room to garden if you want to. Coffee will have a nice size yard! although I am sure most of the year he will want to be inside! LOL! Wonderful news! So happy for you!