Saturday, April 30, 2022

Simple Woman's Daybook

 Thank you all for the kind comments yesterday. It just warms my heart, and I am falling behind yet again, as my nose is stuck in a book, grin. I am going to link back to Monica for the Daybook.


Today is Saturday and the last day of the month, how is that possible? 

Outside...looks like it wants to rain; cloudy and 68* and very muggy. 65% chance of rain this afternoon.

Thankful...got through the day yesterday and Kim as soon as she walked in asked if I was alright and commented it must have been tough to be myself and no men around/ no one to talk too etc...yes, yes it was.

Thinking...will be meeting up with fellow bloggers and friends Barbara and Terri in a couple of hours for lunch? Wait, Brunch? lol. I simply can't wait, grin.

Wearing...blue skort, blue/white v neck paisley t shirt, pink flip flops.  Yes, I know, I don't normally wear blue. But the stores are limited at this moment, LOL.

Creating...nothing...does a "game plan" count? I mean, I have to go to the Post Office to check mail, Dollar Store sometime today. LOL---AND I am in no hurry.

Going...see above, meeting up with friends and eventually the rest of the stuff...again, no hurry...no rush.

Reading...ha, aren't you glad you asked? LOL


Praying...for my husband and Bob to have a safe trip. AND to answer a question-they are delivering a Harley Davidson to Cleveland. We (meaning me and Kim) did speak to them last night and this morning. They stopped and spent the night in NC.

Looking forward to...

Seeing Barbara and Terri

Getting the land cleared

Getting a place to live

Starting a job

Next weekend when the hubby comes back

In the Kitchen...nothing. Kim just cleaned out the fridge---since the guys are gone and neither of us eat what they eat (garbage!) grin

Around the Homestead...I suppose I forgot to post this--it's my FB link if you like to look at the video of the tree falling on our property. I can't figure out to get it off my phone. AND that would be my husband in the blue shirt standing around. LOL

Scripture for the Day:



9 comments:

  1. Linda, enjoy your outing/brunch with the Florida gals. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel incredibly freeing, not having an agenda right now? Doesn't seem that long ago you were working so hard, so many hours. Just curious, do you still keep in touch with any of those men and women?
    I just glanced at the clock and realized you're probably having a great ladies lunch. Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you gals have a wonderful visit. I hope to one day make plans to meet you and the other ladies at least half way. It seems my calendar stays full. I thought retirement meant being lazy! LOL! NOPE! Well, if I want to be I can now! Ha! But I love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been sitting here missing you and Terri and Barbara and wishing I was there with you. Just wasn't a good time for me healthwise, but I am thankful to be starting to feel better with this new medicine. I bet you all had a great time. Wondering if you are gone from there yet and running your other errands. I watched the tree fall...good job. And yes, Ann J., and Linda, there ARE tree huggers here in Florida...I hate to see trees cut down, but when it's for a good cause, like a new house for my friend Linda and her hubby, I will relent from tying myself to the tree and instead cheer them on. LOL!! No, I know some trees must go for good conservation purposes. That's all a part of being good stewards of the land. But I do love trees and the shade they provide here in Florida, and the branches for the birds to sit upon and build their nests, and just for the general beauty of the land. BUT, I don't want one falling on my house in the middle of a hurricane, so I do understand the necessity of cutting them back away from the house, etc....just PLEASE leave a few trees around your lot for the shade...you will be so glad you did this summer!
    'Nuff said. Anyway, I hope you all had a really good time and that you will plan to do this again when I am able to come. I really felt bad about not being there with you today. Oh, BTW, I love your Pink Flamingo picture. It's perfect for the "new you". LOL! Praying your menfolk come home safely from their journey north. I bet they're having a good time...but they'll be happy to get back home and I know you'll be happy to have them come back!! Bye bye for now. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it, they are being paid for the delivery....

    Enjoy meeting up with those gals.

    ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: your comment about my post about "Knives Out."

    No, Daniel Craig does not play a 'bad guy.' Or a 'James Bond' kind of guy.

    He has an interesting acting job, though.

    Hope you enjoy the film, if you see it. -smile-

    ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! Have a great time with Terri and Barbara!!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved meeting up with you and Barb today, Linda!! It is always fun to meet a blogging friend in person!! The boys aren't just going to Ohio! They are going to Cleveland... that's all the way to Lake Erie, for goodness sake! Praying that they have safe travels there and back! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for safe travels for the guys. Jeremy and Brittany will fly home from San Diego tomorrow at noon SD time.Hoping you had a good time with the ladies at brunch. Sounds wonderful. Your outfit sounds great too. I have blue eyes so I do like wearing blue. When we have hard days it is nice to have some comfort. I am glad you had so many nice comments and your friend came home and you had someone to chat with. I am not much of a loner. haha - I Like to have someone around.I am not a be by myself at night either! We drove Rebekah and Zach to the light rail. They were meeting friends at a Rockies game. I jumped in that jeep coming and going haha. There are lots of car thefts at those light rail stations. So since we live so close to one it is not a hassle to take them and pick them up.I hope you have a wonderful SUnday and great new week. HUGS and LOVE to you Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)