Thursday, April 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday...

 So many things to be thankful for...


I am thankful for so many friends...and to answer Vee's question from yesterday: The tornado was part of it. When Liam was accepted to Alfred State in NY at the age of 16--and we found out he couldn't live by himself, so we all decided we had had enough of the weather in Alabama. So, we moved. 10 yrs later, here we are Liam passed on to Heaven and we are back in our homeland of Florida. NOT the way I imagined things. It's been hard to come to grip with things. JUST KEEPING IT REAL.

I am thankful for Fat Daddy who is NOT my husband (lololol). Fat Daddy is an old friend who used to own Fat Daddy's Tires here in Ocala. He is supposed to be retired, nope, hard to keep a 70-year-old down. OH, Fat Daddy aka Roger looks just like Kenny Rogers, and he has this amazing Booming voice.


I haven't been back up there this morning--but I am assured it will be cleared today and leveled out.



I am thankful for...memories...and for each of you...


I am off shortly to the Ocala Public Library; need to make copies and print out the Claim form against the moving company. 

13 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to clear your land. Florida vegetation is one nasty thing! I had minimal when I lived there and it was a hellish enterprise and it all grew like weeds... watch out for fire ants... wow... we had them.. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should think that I might have known these things, but my head is like a sieve. Now if I ask again in a short time, you have my permission to clunk me on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That clearing's coming along faster than I imagined. Giggling about 'Fat Daddy' and glad you explained that's NOT Dave. Be safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are moving along with your land, Linda. I bet it looks wonderful as it is being cleared. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to see the progress being made on your lot. Although I DO hope he will leave you some trees for shade and privacy! I'm a tree hugger...but I know they gotta go...but still... Anyway, I am sure it's going to be wonderful. I know this is all a lot of stuff for you to process. Thankfully God is helping you to do just that, one day at a time. So thankful He brought you down here where you have good friends and family and it's the land of the "free". Praying you through each step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get your stuff? I must have missed that post. We’re things missing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read yesterday's post on my phone and couldn't comment, but yowzers. I went through an EF1 and that was pretty scary...I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying an EF5 would be. I am sorry Liam didn't get to move back to the south with you, but we know he is somewhere so much better than anything we can imagine and I would think he's clearing your space there for when you finally make it HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to Saturday, Linda!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of gratitude, I am thankful for every day that brings you closer to getting settled here in my town (which was your town long ago and is now your town again!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. Glad you are making progress on the clearing of the land. A new start in life is sometimes just exactly what God knows that we need. I have been reading your blog since your first moved up to NY and Liam was going to Alfred State. Wow, the years do pass quickly. I hope that you can get your claims settled with the moving company satisfactorily and soon. Have a good Friday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a southern girl! Florida is a bit too warm to suit me. Although, I'd like to live there in the winter, though. I don't think I'd like living in New York. It's too far north where the it gets really cold. I hate the extreme temperatures too hot and too cold. It gets warm here in east Tennessee but overall I consider it to be somewhere in the mild which suits me quite well. Our location is good reason to be thankful and I am! I was sorry to read that your son has passed on. That's such a heartbreaker. I thank you for your visits and hope you'll stop by whenever the mood hits ya. Have a blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Linda. I am thankful for your friendship here in Blogland. And I am happy for you as you begin a new chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)