I'm going to join in with the Simple Woman's Daybook and link it back to Monica. thank you all for the kind thoughts and comments yesterday.
For Today -
Outside my window/door...
Where I sit every single morning and look out its worth mentioning, the birds are just a chirping away and I swear they are saying Jim Carey, Jim Carey, LOLOLOL.
Thankful...for so many things...friends, family, good health, our Lord and Savior etc.
Thinking... I need to find a hairdresser and soon.
Wearing: Blue jean Bermuda shorts, lilac colored t shirt and pink flip flops.
Creating...Nothing...sitting by cell phone waiting for the movers. HA! What a joke, on that one. Rolling eyes.
Going: STILL awaiting the movers...but I might just make a trip over to the storage unit(s)---my batteries for my laptop mouse are in my empty suitcase...and my mouse is dead (the suitcases are in the storage unit).
Wondering: If this moving issue/company is all a scam, just saying.
Reading...not anything really. Does looking at online furniture count?
Praying: for a peaceful resolution in regard to the moving company.
Looking forward to:
1. Getting our property cleared
2. Moving some sort of home on there
3. Getting our things here
4. Getting moved in
Learning: To never have trust a moving company to move our things...lesson learned. Sadly
In the kitchen: Nothing right now...last night, I did make this
Took a box of Zatarain's Yellow Rice mixed in Tomatoes, Corn and cooked 3 chicken breasts mixed it all together and then made homemade Cornbread (Martha White recipe on the bag--I did add more sugar than called for, as we all like our corn bread sweet). And baked it for 25 minutes in a iron skillet. Zatarain's called for chili's, but I did not add them as my husband nor Kim like chili's. It was really good. As you can see we do have left overs.
Around the homestead: Ha, wanna' see some tidy whiteys? LOL
My husband, "I can't believe your airing our dirty laundry." It took me a minute to realize he made a joke, LOL.
I am quite enjoying having a cloths line and again my husband, "I turned you into a country girl. I suppose you want a cloths line now once we get settled?" Why, yes, thank you very much.
Scripture of the week






You call them "tidy whiteys"? We call them "tighty whiteys." I think your way sounds nicer. ☺️
ReplyDeleteOh I'd love a clothesline if my neighbors would stop burning their trash.
Your meal sounds yummy.
LOLOLOL It is tidy whiteys, I changed it, LOLOLOL.When Liam was little, he couldn't say Tighty, LOLOLOL.
DeleteI like a clothesline, too. Not the umbrella type - even that’s too modern. I grew up with the pulley clothes line that would hang high above. You stood in one place and just pulled the line out or in. In the city, you look out and see clothes from all the neighbors. Ah, good memories.
ReplyDeleteNo city living for me, once we left western NY I vowed not to go back. lolol
DeleteSounds like a beautiful morning! I hope today is the day for the moving company to show up and do their job!
ReplyDeleteHA, NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
DeleteSo you've been sieged by liberal birds crying "Jim Carey?"
ReplyDeleteOn the bright side, everything out your window seems green and growing (as opposed to what you moved from).
LOLOL. I swear Mark, they are taunting me, LOLOLOL. Yes, it sure is green and growing here.
DeleteI can't believe those movers are still carting around your furniture in their truck???That just sounds crazy. I've never heard of such incompetence and yes, it does sound like a scam...like they are holding your furniture hostage. I do hope you have called everyone you can call to report them. Praying they deliver your stuff unharmed too. I am so sorry you've had to go through this. That is really bad. But, meanwhile, I love that you are relaxing at your "new home" (well, your temporary new home) and enjoying the country air and the airing of your "dirty laundry". LOL. Love that! Yes, by all means get a clothesline if you can. I wish I had one here, esp. for sheets. Praying for all the details you've mentioned. It's all going to be wonderful once it's done!! (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteLike I was just telling Sparky, I might have to break bad on the moving company, lol.
DeleteDarn those blankidly-blank movers! This experience is beginning to sound like ours v. Ashley Furniture. (FOUR months later, they finally came and repaired it.) That dinner looks delicious; once I get myself an iron skillet and can eat carbs again, it's going on the table.
ReplyDeleteWant a laugh? All this time I thought the saying was "tighty-whities" not "tidy."
It is tighty - whities, I changed it, LOLOLOL. Yeah, like I was just telling Sparky, I might have to break bad, LOL.
DeleteOh Linda, thanks for the chuckle over the tidy whiteys! While I would like a clothesline, I will pass due to the birds and their random poopiness!
ReplyDeleteLOL Yeah, that could be an issue, LOL.
DeleteOh my goodness I LOVE the clothesline. We have one too. I could never live in an HOA community for this very reason and the USA flag etc. Your dinner looks really yummy. I Know you are so much happier where you are now. I am sorry about the moving co. It is unbelievable how things are today. It is not just them but I will continue to pray. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteRudeness it seems rules the day, sigh. (them not us, LOL)
DeleteSuch a nice post but I'm so sorry about the moving company problems. Now I KNOW we'll never use a moving company if I (ever lose my mind and) move. Might just sell everything and do the rest ourselves. Geez.
ReplyDeleteI had a clothes line for a long time. It was a circular one I could twirl around when hanging clothes. It was nice. Can't remember why I took it down. *brain fart* *lol*
Love & Prayers. xx
I'm going to break bad on that company, just saying. lol
DeleteHi LInda. I am so excited for you and your hubby and all the wonderful exciting things that are happening. Praying that you get the moving company to cooperate with you soon. Seeing the clothes line brings back good memories of my mom hanging out the clothes on the line. I love this. Hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteOf course you want a clothesline! You're in the South! Silly men! LoL I use my clothesline all the time during Spring, Summer and Fall. Winter is just too unpredictable around here so I don't use it much then. I hope the moving company gets their act together soon...I would have already been on the phone with the BBB and an attorney. My patience runneth thin when dealing with so-called professionals. I just can't wait for you to get a home because I know you are going to have the most wonderful time fixing it up! Enjoy your slow days because soon you will be so busy...a good busy, though!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
I love clothes dried on a line, but unless I want to lug mine up to my mom's yard to hang them it's a thing of the past here. The pool takes up the majority of the backyard and any line would be in the splash zone...and I'm not ready to put one up in the front yard...unless I can convince Tim to put up an 8ft. fence around the place. lol
ReplyDeleteI think you are a perfect country girl and warm weather girl too!
ReplyDeleteYour meal looks very good.
The movers!!! Grrrr... I think they owe you money about now.
Good morning Linda! I have been blog absent all week. Our weather has been pretty nice so I have been cutting grass and working around the place after work. Then I fall into bed...dead. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI will keep you in my prayers that your home deal moves quickly and you can get your things all settled in. I know not having a home is uncomfortable. Even when you are with people who love and care for you. Have a blessed day!
I'm angry with the movers, too, because they are the reason we don't have a lunch date on the calendar! Your meal sounds good! I like moist and sweet cornbread, too. No clothes line here (no room) but I remember how nice things smell when dried outside on the line! Keep me posted about that late delivery of your furniture! xo
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha! Airing the dirty laundry! Wait, did you show him it was CLEAN laundry? j/k LOL! Welp, it would seem that "move/movers" is (are) the word(s) of the day... week..... geesh. Give me their names and numbers, I will take care of it!
ReplyDelete