Monday Thoughts...thank you all for the kind comments yesterday. Saturday was a bit rough around here...and I am afraid it probably will remain so until things can get sorted out legally. I don't have much else news. My husband is over at our piece of property...oh speaking of property...
![]() |
| Land before hubby started clearing |
It's a slow process...our friends have friends who have a bulldozer so they will be coming over in the near future. Hubby has made it into the back and tagged trees that have to go. You probably can't see it in these photos, but there is an Orange Tree.
trust me, it's an orange tree. I'll try to get back over there---lately he likes to take the golf cart over in the evenings to show me the progress, lol.
I didn't dare get out of the car yesterday; way too many thickets and I am deathly afraid of snakes, just saying. There are also blackberry bushes, blueberry bushes and a huge Sable Palm growing in there. Anyways, it's just raw land right now. Hopefully things will pick up soon.





I may have to come over and walk the land with you...I LOVE walking rough raw woodsy land...the snakes will run, I promise you! A REAL ORANGE tree? (looks green to me, lol) I'm glad he saw it before he cut it down. Although it may have turned sour if it hasn't been cared for in a long time...may need to call in an orange tree professional...one of the old geezers in the neighborhood who grew up around here. They will know what to do with it. Did you say blueberry bushes??? Wow...and blackberry bushes will drive you crazy with thorns, but they do taste good, if you can get them before the birds and deer and bears...just saying. LOL. I doubt you have bears there...too far from the big forest and too many people...but you never know. Fun fun fun. I wanna come see. My meds are making me a bit too crazy...trying to see the Dr. to get the RX changed, but can't until Wednesday. Okay, see you soon, Lord willing and the creek don't rise!
ReplyDeleteBerry bushes and fruit trees...how awesome! I'm so excited to watch your progress on everything. Remembering you in prayer through all these changing and stressful times.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed by the amount your husband has done! Sounds like a fine piece of property and looks as if it could be my backyard. 🍊 Well, except for the orange tree.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful plot of land, Linda! I'm with you on the snakes.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photos. Dave is doing a super job. I hope it's possible to keep some of the interesting trees, like the Orange Tree. I sure understand how frustrating all this can be though. Time seemed to pass excruciatingly slow when we were clearing our raw land (we have over 6 1/2 acres). It was exciting, though. We were livin' in Jax then. I remember crying most of the 2 hour trip back home 'cause I didn't want to leave. I hated livin' in the Big City. To console myself I would sit around at night with books and books of house design books and dream of what we could do. Ended up not doing any of it. *lol* I think you're smart to go with a Manufactured Home. So much quicker and less costly.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the journey with us all. I like seein' y'all happy and safe.
Love & Prayers. xx
So nice to hear the land is underway. I am no snake fan either, I drowned one the other day who was fishing in my pond. That's a big no no!! The plot of land looks so good too. I hope you get the best house ever now.
ReplyDeleteSo very happy for you! We bought 2 plus acres 46 years ago. We were young then. As Ca. government gets more controlling, we are so glad we have our own well, septic, and propane. We also made it possible, with a flip of a switch, to have our house operate off our generator. We still have chickens, a lot of fruit trees, and a huge garden. Not a life style for everyone but we enjoy our independence. On snakes...I don't like them. We have rosy boas, garden snakes, red racers, and every year we spot a king snake. None are poisonous but they always get my adrenaline going. I leave them alone and they slither away.
ReplyDeleteIt is exciting to see the progress, even if it seems to be going slow. That's great that you have an orange tree. We had lemon trees in California and Arizona and enjoyed having fresh lemons close at hand. I hope you get everything sorted out with the moving company soon. Have a good week. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'd sure be loathe to get in there, too! Props to your Marine for going there and gettin'-R-done!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Dave is making good progress on your land! Great news about the orange tree! Hopefully you can work around it with the house placement! Can't wait to see you Saturday! xo
ReplyDeleteDave is doing well on the property. It's going to be so pretty - and an orange tree!
ReplyDeleteWhat's this I hear about a FL bloggers gathering? I'm so jealous!
Your husband is working hard! How nice to have an orange tree on your property and a palm too! Quintessentially Florida!
ReplyDelete