Monday, April 4, 2022

Making Connections...

 Making Connections is the topic for this late post. And sorry it's so late one. Been a very busy day.


Had to have Bob (the better half of Kim who we are staying with-grin) cosign a letter to the bank stating we are staying with them in order to open an account--one has to have a physical address. President Bush sure mucked up all that when the Patriot Act went into effect after 9/11. Nonetheless, he was happy to do it.

Went over to the Harley place as Bob wants to trade in his "bike". While they were doing that, I found a $100 something leather handbag for $38. Yep, I splurged.

I have a final interview for the library job on the 13th. They are really nice etc...and yep, indeed, they held the job until they heard from me.

Then, we went house hunting...which leads me to the title of the post. Dave met the neighbor Clyde whose son is a realtor...soooooooo you gotta know someone etc. here. Bob knows folks etc...

Then Kim came home from work and told me I had the job with the State. Only, the state has so much red tape for hiring, and they are dragging their feet.

So, that is about it for here. I am going to go out tomorrow to Publix and see about getting a part time job. I just can't sit around and wait for those 2 jobs. Something is telling me to stick close here. The State job isn't far from here, but the library job is in the Villages, which is a 45 min. drive. We shall see.

My mom called this evening...wanting to know how the interviews went and how the house hunting went.  Yeah...bit discouraged about the house hunting. OH, and the mortgage company is dragging their feet.


P.S. For the record, I am NOT missing NY, although it was a bit warm(er) today.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting things done. Glad you mom called. Baby steps, perhaps. Ugh on The Villages. You could do worse than Publix! Employees can buy stock and lots of folks running the cash register retire really rich. I'm a state employee now and am loving it but the pay stinks... keeping it real. Thanks for the update, my friend! Hugs sent and prayers lifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you, my friend. It sounds like while it's moving slowly, it is all coming together. Prayers for the job situation that you get just the right one at just the right time in just the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does it take there in Florida for legal residency?

    Here it’s 366 days which is crazy because if you walk across the border you’re eligible for housing, free community college, and a guaranteed minimum monthly income. But if someone from another state comes, they are ineligible for any state program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new background is very cheerful and spring like, Linda. Love it as it is on the gloomy side here. Making connections is a good thing. Praying for the job(s) to pan out, a home to be found, and the red-tape cut for you and Dave. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh1 I hope one of these jobs comes through mighty quick. I know that will be a relief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh ... things are HAPPENING! I do believe, if anyone deserves a new leather bag, it's you. Like my former in-laws used to say, "Wear it in good health!" Juding from our Publix employees' smiles, their attitudes, I'm seriously thinking of seeing what part-time opportunities are available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there. It will all work out in God's time. I know that's easier to say than to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought of you today when I heard that the new mayor of NY is upset about Gov DeSantis new policy of no classsroom teaching on choosing sexual orientation. So he is putting billboards all over FL inviting people to come to NY. The commentator said "Actually a lot of people are moving south to get away from NY policies. I thought "I know some!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been thinking about you today and wondering how things went. Praying for the housing market to open up and cough up a perfect house for you at a price you can afford in the right location. God is able, so we will trust Him to take care of that. Job situation...How nice the library job is holding for you so you can interview on the 13th. I know you are anxious to get something...Publix is a great place to work so I hear, and you do have experience! The state job should have good benefits...I don't know about the pay scale, I only know what it was for my hubby when he worked there. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either, and that was over 10 years ago. It's nice to have some choices. God will open all the right doors for you, so just keep moving ahead one step at a time. I'm SO glad your mother called...she's trying. (((hugs))). I hope you can get to the beach one of these nice days!! Okay, I'll be quiet now and get to bed. Love the updates...you know inquiring minds want to know!!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)