Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Is it time for another Hodgepodge?

 Is it Wednesday? Time for another Hodgepodge? Already?


1. What's something you wish you had spent more time doing when you were younger? Explain. 

So many things...but recently it has come to my attention (only because I have had time to think about things) I should have never allowed myself to be bullied, nor allowed myself to care what others thought...life is short, do what you want (in boundary).

2. Who inspires you to be better. Tell us how.

The Gospel. Again, way too much time to think about things. You know, I know of folks who have lost their way / Faith after a loved one passes away. My Faith has only gotten stronger. 

3. Share a money saving tip with us. 

I don't have any money saving tips. I was speaking to my folks on Easter and they were asking about the land and what were we going to put on it (what kind of home). And my mom, much to my aghast, said to put a mobile home on there because simply put, we are not getting any younger, so why not do that and don't spend $300,000-400,000 on a new house because that is being wasteful and the very fact the market is way overblown right now. Blew my mind. So, I guess my cost saving tip is; Don't waste your money on an overpriced market right now.

4. It's National Garlic Day...are you a fan? Your favorite dish that includes garlic?

Pasta; Spaghetti, Lasagna, Penne etc. 

5. Would you describe yourself as decisive or indecisive. Elaborate. 

Decisive...I know what I want. However, I am married to an indecisive person case in point yesterday: we stopped at Gilberts (a local hardware store out on 225A) on the way back to the house yesterday and he found that the chainsaw he bought from Home Depot was $200 more. Ok, I told him we go and return it and then head back over to Home Depot. He hemmed and hawed over it...we eventually made our back over to Home Depot on State Road 200 (where all the main stores/ shopping malls are) and returned to Gilberts. Where he not only bought the chainsaw, but he also bought a bush Wacker to clear the land and everything was on sale --it pays to be a Senior Citizen and a Veteran, just saying. We paid exactly what he spent at Home Depot--so we didn't spend anymore money.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

 

So, here is my thought; Don't bully a bully. I had it out yesterday with the rudest person on my orbit at the moment. The moving and trucking company that is delivering our things. Both were very rude and belligerent, so much so I told the trucking company manager, "Hey, Jay, you can't bully a bully! (Excuse me-his words) Again, Jay, you can't bully a bully. If you would shut up and listen, I sent both of you a copy of the bank confirmation of said payment on April 12 and what is today? The 19th, so what's the hold up? It seems to me you are holding our things hostage for more money." One excuse after another, one belligerent after another. Then he goes, "We received your payment this morning (oh really? So what's the hold up, Jay?) and we have to wait until it clears and that will take 1-7 business days. (clear Jay? It was a wire transfer, Jay). Belligerent. (Again Jay, don't bully a bully. I gather you don't understand that thought process, right Jay?) Are you threatening me? I think your threatening me, Ms. Conley." (ha, if only you knew---you have 48 hrs to deliver our things or I will contact the BBB, Consumer Claims and the State Attorney's Office, Jay.) He hung up. BTW, I already did all that--and that is why he called because he said I already threatened his livelihood and I had to remind him once again, the payment was already made, so who is threatening whom? No threats, just deliver our items, plain and simple and that is what I told the State Attorney's Office. I am sure he is wondering how I know such a person, lol. 


DON'T EVER BULLY A BULLY and I rightly own up to being one---NOT that I ever bullied anyone I just stand up to bullies ---I had 2 brothers who bullied and suckered punched me every chance they got, you just simply can't bully someone who was bullied because that person will eventually fight back, just saying...ask my brothers the butt whipping they got from me and you want to know what my dad said? "I told you boys she was going to do that. And Linda, don't you ever let anyone walk over you, you hear me?" Yes sir. I was 10 yrs. old. I remember that day like it was yesterday. So, yeah, Jay, don't ever bully a bully...there is more than one way to deal with you or people like you. I got the distinct feeling he didn't like being talked too by a girl.


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are "moving" along! :). Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let him have it! I know exactly what you are saying. I will take a lot from people, but when I hit the point that I can't take any more...you do not want to be around when I blow. I will go grizzly on you if you push me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope they just bring your stuff. This seems ridiculous to me and I know it does to you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHHH I think its all about them wanting more money. sigh.

      Delete
  4. Well said, Linda. Have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Robin and thank you for the lovely card, smiles.

      Delete
  5. Bless your heart. So sorry the moving company is being a Royal Behind and your family was/is so awful. My adopted father was the Biggest Bully I've ever known. I rejoiced when he finally nastied away. Honest. We had a final show down when I was about 14-15. About the time I gave my heart to Christ. I was gonna put him in the ground if he ever hit or called me filthy names again ... and he knew it. That put the "fear of .." in 'em. I, too, know how to stand up to bullies. It's very similar to dealing with a mean dog. Some people are just pure poison.
    Anyway, I pray the moving thing is resolved to your satisfaction soon.
    I know how to save money, just not good at makin' it. *lol*
    Love & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applauding from Coosada. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That moving company is a nightmare! I can't believe they can hold your stuff like that! I would be spitting nails I would be so furious! I hope it gets resolved soon! I would give them a terrible review on Yelp and Google and anywhere else I could!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl!! Applauding from Lakeland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda. I sure hope that you get everything worked out with the moving company. That is so frustrating. I know you can stand up for yourself when you need to. I hope that everything works out better than expected with putting the modular home on your land. Have a good Thursday. I have been meaning to email you, but it has been a busy week and time gets away from me. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I cannot believe how terrible this moving company has been with you. That is crazy! I do hope the BBB and everyone else goes after them. I'm so glad you have stood up to them. Wow. Now, back to everything else...So glad your mother apparently approves of what you are doing house-wise! That's a plus! Also, proud of you and Dave for getting a better deal on tools at the local hardware. We love to support our local stores whenever feasible, but not if they hike their prices up. So happy to hear that you are all making progress, in every way. Praying for you as you get ready to go back to work. Have you decided on which job yet? I hope you will post some pictures of your lot and progress on it. Okay, that's all for now. I love hearing from you. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bullies are everywhere too! I learned to stand up for myself which is why I know I lost my job. But it is in the past and I could and would stand up for myself again and again. You have to do what is right for you and I applaud you. Praying about that moving co. Life is awful these days. So many people falling into the trap that our leaders approve of. Frightening and weird. Grateful you are safe and waiting for Glad you were able to get a better deal at the local hardware store. That is a good thing. When you have an address please let me know. You know I Love sending cards. I will be praying for everything that needs prayer. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel sorry for Jay. He has more than met his match. 😏 Glad that a better deal was made for the chainsaw so that a bush whacker was also possible. Take care now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)