Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sunday Salon...

Hello from Western NY. I had the craziest dream...and y'all would def. lock me up...but all is good.


Time: 6:13 am

Scene: 39* real feel is 30. It was 52 yesterday for Christmas.

Drinking: Coffee with Italian Cream

What's for dinner? Lasagna was in the oven yesterday. I put it together on Christmas Eve and let it sit overnight in the fridge. SO, leftovers.

What's on Tap for Sunday? I am working 9-1. So, that's what is going on.

--- I have Monday and Tuesday off; we have to get some financial business done in regard to my mother in-law. We also have to take my/our son's death certificate to the bank so we can access his account-I already have his password etc...just need to close the account. No probate as it's under a certain amount that NY State requires.

Pondering...how blessed we are with such wonderful caring friends especially during this difficult time. One def. finds out who their true friends are...and we are so blessed. 

---My 2022 Word. The good Lord showed me a verse...however, I wanted to talk about my 2021 word 


Gosh...the good Lord knew...didn't he? I think if I was being totally honest, he has been preparing us for 18 years (after are son had open heart surgery when he was 6) and he told us, "(paraphrasing) Count your blessings, you might have 10 years with him. This is all we can do." We had 18 years after his surgery. Yes, Lord, we are blessed. Yes, Lord, we might be hurting right now, but STAND we will. My dream, I am assured my / our son is in Heaven. I was telling my husband my dream and he goes, "Good, you got the message/dream." I'm like huh? He said not to call him crazy, but he was also assured our son is in Heaven and to keep my heart open and not be afraid about the dream...not that I was worried or afraid...I know he is in Heaven. More on my 2022 word later. Until then...

13 comments:

  1. Dear One, The Lord is right there with you and you are leaning into Him. That is the best thing to do when the heart is broken. He understands it all. I take great comfort in that and especially when I don't understand why He allowed the hard things to happen.

    I am eager for you and Dave to join us here. We will meet and talk and be face-to-cafe friends. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't wonderful how the Lord speaks to us through His word and other believers?! I get so excited when He sends me a message like that. And this one to y'all warms my heart. I never have to worry about how you're doing. He's got this. *wink* Thank you for sharing the journey with all of us. It builds strength for us too.
    I'm thinking about taking the decorations down this week. Kinda early, I know, but I think it's time to move on.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless and keep you. It is a blessed assurance to know our loved ones are with our Lord and that we will be together again. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the new background of the blog, Linda. We were at 70 yesterday and it should be about the same here today. I hope your workday goes smoothly. And no, I would call you crazy regarding your dream. I love the graphic about friendship and love you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming your son passed due to his heart...my 25 yr old died unexpectedly from drowning in the bath tub due to a cardiac event. The autospy said he had an enlarged heart we knew nothing about. The heart attack completely rendered him helpless - plus he was alone in the house when his roommate found him.

    You continue to be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, I was wondering about the MIL obligation. I think your (and David's) dreams are awesome. Wishing I might have something similar, but I suppose these things can't be forced. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God talks to me in dreams too. I am sure your son is in heaven too! Faith gets us through it all. Enjoy your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. I hope you can get everything taken care of this week. Leftover lasagna sounds good. Hope your week goes well. Happy New Year! I will look forward to reading about your 2022 word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((hugs))) I love it when speaks to us through dreams and other messengers of hope and confirmation. And I do believe He does do that. He knows our needs...He knows our need to be sure...to have that confidence that all is well and we can move on without fear or anxiety about the future or the present state of affairs. And yes, "Stand" was certainly a powerful word for you in 2021. Mine was "believe"...and God has used it over and over again. I still don't know what my 2022 word is, but I expect it will appear to me this week. Maybe in a dream? Thinking of you and praying for you. I shared your story with my family that came to visit us today. Made everyone pause and think and give thanks for our own families. And I prayed as I have been doing every day for you. Hope tomorrow goes well for you. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is good! Glad he sent you both that message!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lord always has a plan. We never seem to wuite get it until He gently hands it to us. Oh I think of oyu and pray each day. You have such a way about it that makes me smile. Even in sadness you are so kind. I hope you have a good week. LOVE and HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)