Again, thank you for the kind words. Day 20 brings us...
Time: 7:30 am
Scene: 27*, but real feel is 16* with like 2 inches of ice on the ground. AND I AM OVER IT. Mic drop.
Drinking: My first cup of coffee. BTW, I ran out of coffee. Oh how tragic (grin). While out and about Friday, I did buy a bag of
even hubby likes it and he don't drink coffee.
What's on Tap for the Day? Well...here is a funny story from yesterday. While out and about yesterday (my better half forced me out again, grin)...I stopped at the gas station to put gas in the SUV as it was on 1/4 tank. I am such an idot--I couldn't figure out HOW to put gas in. I promptly came home and burst out crying...much to my husbands confused look...
he goes, "Linda. Its ok." Me: No, no, you always said not to leave any car below a 1/4 of a tank especially in the winter! (wail). AND let me tell you, yesterday was miserable weather wise. I was pretty mad he forced me out the house...and he had the nerve to say, "I think you perhaps you need to admit your mad at the world. For the life of me, Linda...don't be so mad. Our son is in HEAVEN, SAFE AND SOUND."
***I'm not mad...well..maybe a little --have you ever stepped back and watched folks? How mean they are towards one another? This season is Jesus's birth...gosh the meanness...it's just something else.
Yeah...it was one of those days. Keeping it real. SO, what's on tap for the day? Hubby is going to go show me how to put gas in the SUV. I think he was amused yesterday...
Another funny story I put on FB...So long story short, I got in the SUV and the radio was playing Thunderstruck by ACDC. Kudos son...the radio NEVER plays my kind of music, NEVER. SO, when I got home, I was telling hubby this...and he walks over to the Christmas tree and he goes, "I think the boy would be ok with giving you this." OH MY GOSH, A WRAPPED RECORD! (tear the paper off) and its ACDC GREATEST HITS with Thunderstruck on it. OHMYGOSH. Wail again...
NOT funny story...but our sweet friend Charlie Dare from Alabama (he's a former Alabama football player) called yesterday and said, "The good Lord put this on my heart. I have to sing Amazing Grace to you and Liam." WOW. FLOORED. US. Wail again.
What's for Dinner? Don't know. We have been trying to eat what's in the freezer. yesterday was one of those frozen type meals, Chicken Penne. It was pretty good actually oh and we heated up the fries from 5 Guys. We stopped there Friday and honored our son with our ritual week before Christmas meal. I am quite sure folks thought we were weird; I burst out crying...see, it happens randomly.
#1 Questions we have been getting (thought I would share):
Are you eating?
I think we are. Yes, yes we are...
Are you sleeping?
As a matter of fact, yes we are. I think the grief finally took its toll last night...and we both slept pretty well. Ever since I told the Devil to get out...I have been sleeping pretty good.
...and there is the truth my friends. Our Faith has sustained us this past week. Wishing you each a beautiful day.
Nothing worse than Ice in my book. Fortunately we have seen precious little snow either here in the past several years. Good old Florida...sure miss it but here is where I needed to be and so it is.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to see how you have walked with The Lord this week. Anger may come. At least, it did for me. I might get angry at events and circumstances, but if I am honest, it all comes back to God. The good thing is, I don't have to deal with anger or anything else on my own. He is more than able to deal with the likes of me as I yield to Him.
ReplyDeleteWell, I have a snowstorm to deal with—shocker in late December— so I must don the uniform and get out there. Florida is sounding better to me all the time.
Have fun at the pump!
It is gushing rain this morning. I so wish I could stay home but I know it will be a blessing if we go to Sunday School and Church. Guess I'm lazy this morning.
ReplyDeleteY'all are so strong. Well done you. Yes, keep gas in the SUV and all vehicles. It's not just weather. Other things can happen too. We've been staying gassed up (that sounds funny .. lol) and have no threats whatsoever that I know of. One just never knows, though. 'Nuff said.
Amazing Grace is one of my favorite hymns. The backstory on how it was written is heartwarming. It's a glimpse at the power and love of God.
Sending love & prayers. xx
Oh Linda, thank you for sharing your thoughts and keeping it real. Your chicken penne meal sounded yummy. Thinking of you both. And thank you for the card that came yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. So glad you are finding God's peace and comfort at this rough time. It is cold and icy here too. Hope you have a good Sunday. When are you going back to work?
ReplyDeleteGod is able to get us through much. I love how all of these little things are making you think of Liam. These same things that are hard right now will make you so happy later. I love it when something makes me think of my dad or Grandparents. Praying for you sweet friend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I think your bouts of crying are quite normal. And I think things that wouldn't have bothered you before, are just too much right now. I love your radio story and the gift from Liam. Such a good kid and he's still giving smiles.
ReplyDeleteGod finds so many little ways to comfort you, right? You and your husband are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI love how you and your hubby balance one another. Unfortunately, Tom and I are too much alike; God forbid in the event of crises we wind up in the same lifeboat. Glad to know you're getting sleep -- real sleep. Like the lady in War Room, I've been known to tell Satan in no uncertain termS, 'GET OUT!'
ReplyDeletePraise God for the faith that carries us through the rough times and holds us close when we just want to cry and make the world go away. Praise God for faith that never fails when it is placed in the right PERSON: Jesus Christ, the Son of God! He will NEVER fail us, even when everything else is upside down and backwards. And guess what, you are doing exactly as expected. Anger at the world is one of the phases of grief. so don't get mad at yourself for being angry. It's OKAY. I know. I was plenty angry too when our son got sick and died. Sometimes I still want to kick something and cry, "It's just not fair, God!" But then He reminds me that this world is not our final home. Nothing in this world is fair, but heaven...? Well, let's just say heaven is perfect in every way. When we get there we'll understand it all. Until then, dance to ACDC or Cry to it...eat the french fries from 5 Guys, do the things that you think Liam would want you to do. Just please don't let the devil get the better of you. He's always trying, but he can't win. Jesus has already overcome him and the world. Don't ever forget that. (((hugs))) and much love to you today dear friend. One day at a time.
ReplyDeleteThe tears won't come as often as time goes by. I know that for a fact. But they will still come and sometimes for no reason. I also know that for a fact. But we do know where our loved ones are and that is a comfort, for sure. Our faith keeps us strong. xo
ReplyDeleteOh, I have to try that Godiva Chocolate coffee. It sounds very good. I've tried Starbucks Mocha and it tasted like dirt. I was very disappointed and mad at myself for wasting money. Don't buy the Starbucks Mocha.
ReplyDeleteWhy are people mean and rude?! I think they feel better about themselves if they make someone else the underdog. I always think what a jerk and I pity their spouse having to put up with them.
Linda, you have a perfect reason for breaking out in tears....at any time. Usually, my tears come when I've heard of something terrible happening to someone. I did cry when I read about Liam. I put myself in your place and how I would feel. They can flow when I'm overwhelmed by God's grace for me. Sometimes it humbles me so much I have to cry.
Glad you are eating and sleeping. How special is it to receive a Christmas gift from your son!! I'm happy he was such a thoughtful boy. I know, I know, he's grown. I tell my 3 sons they will always be my baby. I also tell each he is my favorite. They're on to me and know I say it to their brothers too.
So glad God is answering prayer and keeping you both in His arms. Bless you.
I pray God blesses you and your husband with the deepest of peace this Christmas. You are handling this with such lovely grace. I'm sure Liam is proud of his mamma and his daddy, too, for the way you're honoring him by carrying on and finding a way to laugh. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete