Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Sparky's Gift...

 Thank you all for the kind thoughts on yesterday's post. We were so busy yesterday; had multiple things going on and the weather was just plain awful; snow and sleet. And yep, I have fallen behind in answering and visiting. 


Sparky and Steve have been dear friends for multiple years. We met online so many years ago...and they even came to Alabama and spent the night. Liam just loved Steve and his love of motorcycles and cars. Steve even sent him some books about cars and planes when he was a little kid, which we still have and will keep. BTW, I highly recommend meeting your blogging friends ((grin)). Friends for life and a steady rock for us.


The package arrived weeks before Christmas, however, we decided to wait until Christmas to open it. I should have opened it before...the good Lord was nudging me to do so/to open it, but I ignored it. Inside the box was New England Cinnamon Sticky Bun Coffee, the journal, a Georgia Peach Candle (oh my gosh, it does indeed smell like a Georgia Peach) and a beautiful bracelet with a heart (unfort. I did not see that until after I had taken the photo---and I told Sparky over the phone I thought it was a key chain, LOLOLOL. We both found it funny) Unfort. my camera isn't cooperating, and this is the only photo. IF and when the other photos decide to show up in email, I shall share.


All of you have made me smile, have hope and lots of courage...truly I am/we are blessed with your outpouring of love during this difficult time. I hope each of you have a beautiful day, it looks to be another cold one here.

19 comments:

  1. Winter is here...but the days are getting longer. I keep reminding myself. I always loved this week off when working..though a Saturday Christmas wasn't the best to get the longest vacation bang... oh, the important things remembered. Have a good one... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is here too...what does one expect, its nearly January, grin. Hope you're having a beautiful day, Bunk. Sending you lots of hugs.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful gifts you received! And yes, meeting up with blog friends in real life is truly a gift. Both your graphics you shared today are perfect, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

      Delete
  3. How fun! I'd no idea you and Sparky had been friends so long. Aren't memories the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...let's see, 15-20 years? Liam was pretty young when we met. smiles.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. Even if you wish you'd opened it sooner, you opened it exactly when you needed it most. God knew it would be something to give you comfort. I love the way God works to provide just what we need when we need it most. He's really smart like that! And I love that journal! Perfect...God was definitely in that gift. Okay, go stay warm and enjoy the snow for me! Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Faith in God has sustained us through the most horriblist 2 weeks. Thank you, Pamela, sending you much love and hugs.

      Delete
  5. The Presents: Ok, I am blushing profusely. Thanks my friend. You are so sweet. I'm thankful that God used me to encourage someone else, especially someone as wonderful as you all.
    And, The Present: Time to pack up and go, I hope!? I am so concerned y'all are going to be behind enemy lines come January even though everything the devil worshiping Left do is getting shot down. (To God be the glory.) That NY Governor ... no need to say anything more, I'm sure!
    It's so warm this year. Our temp's are in the mid-70s. I do with it would cool off a bit.
    Happy New Year!
    Love & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep praying. Like I told you, NOTHING will stop us from leaving. The good Lord has placed some wonderful folks in our lives the last few days-purging/selling/getting rid of things has been good for the soul my friend.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful gifts 🎁 from your dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts! I agree about meeting blogging friends in person. Can't wait to connect in person with you!! Still praying for you, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging friends are nicest people! This is such a thought remembrance from Sparky. May you find peace and happiness as you move on with your lives in the new year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that Liam enjoyed those books. That day we spent in Alabama was a wonderful experience, especially watching Liam's enthusiasm at the Barber Museum; I knew then that he should have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. He still talked about Barber Motorsports, and I know he watched the videos you posted on FB as well and perhaps I might do a post about them, he would like that. smiles

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful array of gifts. I know how much you love your friends. A lovely surprise too. Take care and stay warm and safe. The cold weather is the pits because we have zero snow or rain. I am afraid we may be in for a whooper after the New Year. Not much we can do so we will pray. Take care and I hope your week will be a good one. LOVE & HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)