Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Day 22?

 What day is this? I am so not sure...sounding like Dr. Suess (grin)--yes, I am pretty sure I skipped 19...oh well...


Brings us to the Tuesday Meme with Sugar Plum Fairies and the Christmas goodness.




1. Is your tree up? How tall... what color lights? Is there a color scheme you use?


This is from last year...and no... we don't change it/the design. Although, this year we did get in a row about the lights. Our tree is very tall, and we bought it on sale when we moved here.

2.  Got a menu for Christmas Eve and Day?

Oh boy...most of you know the pizza story...so its pizza for Christmas Eve and Lasagna for Christmas Day. I am not sure how either one of us will be ---it will be 2 weeks since Liam's death. I do know for certain; he would NOT want us to be sad.

3. When does it go up and how long does it stay up?

I believe the guys put it up right after Thanksgiving and it usually stays up until New Year's...however, I think this year, I want it down before. Hubby said Dec. 26 is the day we will start purging and get ready to move. UMM...I'll be working...so he will have to handle whatever.

4. What is your favorite Christmas memory. When do you open your gifts?

...all the Christmas's we cherished...knowing our son was on borrowed time due to his heart...and we had him for 18 years after his heart surgery...so there it is, another truth. We usually open Christmas morning...again, not sure what or how we are going to handle this year...I am right now, wanting change and some traditions to remain. I am so ready for change...not drastic like cut all my hair off and go naked (ok you can't get that thought out now, can you?)... just subtle change.


Your kindness and goodness have stunned us...truly it has...Bless you all.

19 comments:

  1. Dear Linda..
    Its 4am and I have just read your December posts from start to finish. (Im so bad reading blogs this time of year as Im so busy..I WILL do better)
    You took me through a huge spectrum of emotions.. smiles..shock and sadness!
    Just to let you know you are loved..and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Stay strong Lovely Lady x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phoebe...I am sorry I put you through a range of emotions...I just simply tell the truth; the good the bad the ugly etc. And right now, it just sucks...however, with that sad, we know our son is in Heaven, period and that does offer comfort.

      Delete
  2. Sure doesn't seem much like Christmas here... weather is yucky...just to have some snow! I'm dreaming, and to be able to be with my family again too. New memories to be made for all of us I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again I am amazed by your strength through this. Were it me in your shoes, I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with Christmas this year. I love the idea of pizza on Christmas Eve and relaxing. The last few years we've gone to a friend's who invites several friends and serves up a big meal, but we are skipping it this year, I hope in favor of going out to eat with my mom and stepdad, going to church, and then just chilling at home. As for traditions, keep the ones that matter to you, scrap the rest. I haven't been given a choice. My kids do not value traditions, my son in particular doesn't have a single sentimental bone in his body, but I guess that's a moot point since he doesn't speak to any of us. Anyway, I try to keep up some things though no one else seems to care one way or the other. Megan is perhaps getting a bit more sentimental as she gets older. By the way, love those Henry boxes on either side of the tree...don't know if I noticed those last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, blessings to you and your husband. Praying for you both and hoping you don't put any pressure on yourselves. Just do what you want, when and if you want. I love so much the faith and trust you are putting in Jesus! He won't drop you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your daily posts, Linda. You are honoring Liam with these tender posts at a very rough time. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a difficult Christmas. God will be with you though. My prayers are with you. Loved your answers!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe your Christmas morning will be very very special. And I believe there will be tears and laughter, and that Liam will be cheering you on from heaven's windows. He wants you to keep enjoying life and finding new adventures to go on together. Yes, you will treasure your memories of all the years you spent together, but there are new roads ahead, and happier days ahead as well. Just be kind to yourself and allow yourself space to grieve in the midst of it all. I believe God will keep you covered with His amazing grace and will carry you through in ways you can't begin to imagine now...so just relax and leave the driving to HIM. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I almost spit out my coffee at your last comment (cutting the hair, etc.)!! That sounds like me! You sure we're not sisters?! *lol*
    BTW, today is the 21st. *giggle* You are so much fun. I'm so in admiration of y'alls strength and good humor.
    I'm so excited for you both to be on the road to freedom.
    Sending love & prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying for you and your husband and am confident your precious son is at peace and his gentle spirit will be find you when you most need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You told me over and over how you thought I was so strong so now it's my turn to tell you the same. You are right that Liam would not want you to be sad but we both know the sadness comes in waves anyway. I know I'm not sad for Joe (or Liam) because we know where they are but the sadness is all on us and that's what we have to understand and learn to handle. It does get easier. I'm 10 months in and I can tell you it gets easier. Praying for you and Dave. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am praying for you Linda. I know the great loss I had when I lost my dad. The first year was the hardest and I needed the help of a grief counselor. She told me I really never grieved my mom when she died before my dad because I was taking care of him. She said it is really important to take the time to grieve, not to rush it. My dad told me I would be okay because I had my faith and my family. You and your hubby have that and God is watching over you. Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very sorry for your loss - sending so many hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, I can't begin to compete with what others have said ... just consider me Little Sir Echo. Okay? I agree, Liam wouldn't want you and your hubby to be sad ... that's what I've been telling myself since 1981. I'm not expert, but believe Thoughtful Purging can be therapeutic. Holding y'all close while you navigate this unchartered journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you aren't going naked. That would be a tad bit chilly! You can try it when you go to Florida.
    I think its a good idea to change things up - keep some traditions and change others. You just have to do what you and Dave need this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My wish for you this Christmas is peace. My prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Knowing Liam thorugh your writing he would want you and your husband to smile a bit. I bet he is smiling down at you too. I hope you can get thorugh this year with peace and know how we all love you and pray for you and care for you. God is holding you upright, it is His way. LOVE to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)