Hodgepodging on
A day late, I know...1. When it comes to gift giving are you more of a 'create something from scratch' or a 'buy something in a shop' kind of giver?
It depends on whom I am giving it too. I do like to make homemade items such as Cookie, Candy or Coca mixes. I love Mason Jars.
Tell about a favorite homemade gift you've given or one you've received.
One year not long ago, we were so broke and poor and I made Peppermint Bark and Bonbons for every single family member. Since I had the ingredients on hand, I just followed the recipes that were on the Chip/Chocolate Bags and Cream Cheese box. I then went to the Dollar Store and bought cute bags and boxes. It was cheap.
P.S. I rather receive homemade, just saying.
2. Do you have the 'gift of gab'? Is that a blessing or a curse?
Nope. Believe it or not, I am a wallflower and prefer it to be that way. Quit laughing, LOL.
3. What's something you have going on that you need/want to 'wrap up' this month?
5. December is upon us...share something here (quote, verse, poem, song lyric, your own thoughts) related to the word hope.
That was fun. I prefer homemade too.
ReplyDeleteLove & Blessings. xx
That sounds like wonderful gifts.
ReplyDeleteLove your Hope answer and your last answer also!!
ReplyDeleteSuper post to read this morning! I love giving handmade gifts (either by my hand or by others). Both of the quotes in the last two graphics are spot on, Linda! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI would love to receive some homemade Peppermint Bark. Actually, I think 'homemade' (almost) anything is more meaningful when it comes from the heart.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Linda! I would love your peppermint bark! Yum! If Joe was still here, we would have been on our 3rd or 4th panettone and 4th or 5th half gallon of eggnog. I enjoy panettone but am not a fan of eggnog. Happy weekend! xo
ReplyDeleteSnicker! I don't believe you are a wallflower! :)
ReplyDeleteYou've got some great clip art today.
I like making gifts when I can, I cut a brand new baby blanket in half, hemmed up the two pieces and made it into two dolly blankets for little girls' Christmas gifts, with dolls, does that count? I do like baking for people...and can you even imagine if people let the Christmas spirit reign all year, it would be amazing...but I guess we'll just have to wait for eternity for that. I've wrapped a few gifts already, but I am certainly not done shopping...I keep finding things that I need, ha.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answer. I love that you found a way to give homemade gifts when things were tough. I have never tried Pannetone
ReplyDelete