Saturday, August 28, 2021

Are You Listening?

 You know, I am a great believer in "signs" or as a good friend once said, "No, that is the Holy Spirit talking."


Case in point yesterday. Could not (or is it would not?) concentrate for nothing. Between the boss hollering and so many things going on here (for instance, our landlady is in the hospital, she had a heartattack)...I just couldn't concentrate...the boss man, "Linda! Hello anyone home?" He was in rare form, or was I in rare form? I am usually on top of my game, so to speak. But lately, not so much. Let's just keep it real.


Oh oh...not that I am living a sinful life, but I def. can approve on things. I most def. have not been listening and been avoiding HIS word for awhile now. Thanks to my good friend Bonnie for keeping it real. Boy, did her words hit me like a lead balloon. As did other numerous other friends, like Sparky whom I was chatting with yesterday evening. Or like my own mother who I spoke with the other day and she said, "So, your just living and getting by? That doesn't sound very productive, does it? Take it from me, when you get to be my age (in the not so distant future) you will have many regrets. Your father and I are just waiting around to die." Ouch...I know what she meant by those words.


Yeah...I simply don't know what that is right now. So, let's just keep it real, shall we?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. This was an interesting and thought-provoking post. I have found that if I am living in a way where I am trying to do my best, with regard to honoring God and keeping his words, then a thought that is reoccuring, is often Him trying to tell me to do or not do something. Also, just a gut feeling that something is right or wrong can be the voice of the Holy Spirit. Yes, sin, anger, contention - all those things can get in our way as we try to lead a Christian life and listen to God's word. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, that had to be a difficult conversation with your mom.
    I think I get what you're saying; I'm hearing lots of white noise in my brain these days. Should I do this? That? What's the answer? Maybe, like the song says, "There will come an answer. Let it be."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't miss hearing what God is saying to you! Love & hugs, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the Holy Spirit used my simple words to encourage you. But Oh I am so slow to listen and to hear. I sometimes ignore what is being said if I don't want to address it. It's been a hard 2 years. I get it! We'll get there. In us stubborn kinds ( wink) it takes a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're all bad about not listening to that still, small voice. Our Country is in a very dark place. My cure for being inattentive to Him is to turn everything off, go off by myself, and talk to God for as long as it takes. Read His Word, and talk to Him. He WILL show me the way, if I listen. We all have that lifeline if we seek it.
    Good luck. Praying for y'all and your landlady. Hope she's improved today. Bless her heart.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we don't understand what God is saying to us, but we know He is speaking through others and the things that are happening around us. Oftentimes what He is saying is "Just wait and trust Me. I will show you the next step when the time is right." Until then, we wait, and do whatever we need to do to "get by". God will always provide a way. With the world in so much turmoil right now it is probably best to listen a little bit closer and be ready when He says "now is the time." He will make it very clear to you. Praying now for your landlady. I am sorry she is not well. May God take care of her and you all as well. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs, Linda, and be of good cheer, God is definitely doing a work in you! How else would you sense that you have more to work on? I'm sort of in your neck of the woods here at this little lake (Waneta), in between Keuka and Seneca...it's gorgeous. But anyway, keeping it real: we do need to press in, to seek to please Him and not just hum along in life...thank you for the encouragement to do that, and remember that prayer helps tremendously, both for ourselves, our friends and family, and our leaders in these awful times. God bless you, and keep the faith!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  8. This too shall pass... keep the faith. This is a trial now for many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you don't know what to do, don't do it.

    Sometimes it is time to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I want to go in the rapture. I don't want to die. I want to see Jesus face to face. I pray on it daily. This world is a mess. But the other day I was grumpy getting a prescription for my husband. They closed the walk up outside window due to staffing shortages. I went to the produce dept. Grumpy, grumpy, then I heard a tiny voice cheerfully say Hi how are you? I turned to see the cutest downs Syndrome little girl sitting in the cart. I said I am fine how are you? I sure wish the world was at kind as you are. :-) SHe made my whole week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)