Monday, August 23, 2021

Currently...

 So sorry Y'all. I am running behind in posting, commenting and visiting. Had the day off on Saturday and we took off; it was suppose to be Penn Yan, but I had the husband make the turn to Hammondsport/Keuka Lake (one of the Finger Lakes) where we enjoyed a very nice day. I am afraid, unfort. (photos below) I am still on:

Currently and linking back to Stacy

Weather: 80 (real feel is 87*). We have had some storms from that Henri (my husband said its Henry, stop pronouncing it the French way,lol)

The job: Worked Sunday and Today, have tomorrow and Wednesday off. The rumor mill is rampant, especially with a run in from a very rude constant customer who states, "She has the ear of the mayor and what NYC is mandating in regards to 'no vaccine/no entry' will be coming here to our little town of only 9,000." Yeah...I might had told her to move to Commie land. My boss overheard it, but I am not in trouble. This woman is constantly in the store causing problems. The next time the mayor comes in, I shall ask. I have a feeling it will happen. You wanna see a big revolt? Try that here where there is only a small Walmart, Aldi, and my employer. 

Listening to: Hubby is watching Blue Bloods. He has decided to turn the news off.

Celebrating: Since I am still tech. on lake time...sigh...just some photos:
Hammondsport is a very small town where you can walk from the square to the lake in less than 5 min. It is almost like a New England seaport. Beautiful.

Town Square

There was a Art Festival going on. We had to park a few blocks away. Not a problem. No matter where one is, you can see the lake, smiles.

I took this on the walk back to the Town Square

one thing that area is famous for is the wine/vineyards. Vines grow wild. Also, many beautiful homes.


with TS Fred and the impending Henri, water was way up. Touching the boardwalk. I was shocked. I have never seen it so high.


I was going to put the toes in (btw, its glacier water) but there was way to much debris in the water.


We walked over to Burgers and Beer where I had one of the best craft burgers (Bleu Cheese Burger) with Sweet Potato Fries and Horseheads Peach Wheat Beer (from Horseheads, NY). It was really good.


However, I was informed by my better half, since we are not rich, we can not move there. Buzzkill. Now look, if you want to keep me in NY, you better find a way to move there (its only a short 20-25 minute drive from here)--yeah, I told him that {{grin}}. He knows Hammondsport is my near and dear to my heart. Hence why on days off, I happen to end up there.

Cooking: Since we had leftover chicken breast from last night, I made chicken salad. So, that's for dinner.

Thinking:
 
1. What a mess this President and his administration has made of things; Afgan., inflation, gas prices etc. etc. etc. 

2. Oh I see the FDA has approved Modrena. Still a hard no. Nope, no thanks. I have to ask, why the push? USUALLY it takes upwards of 14 years to approve a drug. But only what  months with no studies etc. Wassup with that.

3. The devil is moving and roaming freely. Period. And I have a feeling folks are ok with it.


A very hot topic in our household. Just a saying.


9 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a rough weekend with more to follow. So unnecessary. Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly...it is only going to get worse, jmo of course.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a beautiful place to live (except for winters!). The water is so high - scary stuff with more rain coming. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got away and had some Lake time. You deserve it.
    Yes, the President has screwed up big time. And yes, things are going downhill fast and so many people don't seem to realize...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that last thought. Jesus said he'd rather even that we were cold than lukewarm. If we're luke warm he'll spit us out! Things here aren't heating up quite that bad yet. Most stores have mask signs on the doors again. Some wear them, some don't...nobody says anything. (Except for that occasional snotty know-it-all who judges everyone.) Me? I've had the vax, I don't mask, and I've been across state lines twice in the last two weeks. I don't act in risky ways. I never did. I've always washed my hands and kept them away from my face when shopping or out. I've carried hand sanitizer since the kids were young. I am not going to become a prisoner in my own home again. I do worry some how this may effect my work since many of the clients have underlying health issues. They may decide to stay home and withdraw from the program for now. They did so in droves with the first shut-down, I'm told. Hopefully, it won't come to that. Hammondsport sounds lovely...my kind of town. If I ever get up there, we can visit it and if you ever get here I will take you to Ligonier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - Hammandsport looks like a really fun place for a day trip. I was just reading a book last night that takes place by the Finger Lakes - in fact, several of the books I have read recently are set in your part of New York. That burger looks so delicious! Nothing like ag good burger and fries - American food all the way! :-) Lots of bad news around the world last week. I agree with you - Afghanistan was not handled well. So scary and sad for the people who worked with the U.S. and U.S. citizens still there. I also agree with you that Satan is pretty much wreaking havoc in any way he can right now. I really want to visit your part of NY sometime - my sister and all her kids and grandkids don't live very far away from you. They are over by Albany. I do hear your frustration with everything. Let's hope this week is better than last. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post and love the photos. Looked like a very nice day for an outing.

    I'm there right with you on what is going on. It is all playing out so fast - I always thought, that in the end - we as a country would not be there to help Israel - because we would be either unable or unwilling or both and it sure is beginning to look that way. I'm sick over what is happening in Afghanistan and with our bumbling president. Oh Lord Jesus, come quickly.



    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely day. That area of the state sounds very pretty. Too bad it IS still in NY. Praying for you all. Praying this new GOV. will prove to be actually better than the former...maybe she will surprise you. But it will take a lot to change the direction of things there. The world is in a mess right now, and our President/Admin. have created a real terrible mess for innocent people. Praying them...those who have been "left behind" to fend for themselves against an evil enemy. May God be merciful to them...and to the rest of us as well. Praying hard for good changes to happen miraculously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a rotisserie chicken. Going to cut it up for chicken salad. I like grapes and almonds in it. The husband loves mayo and nutmeg only.I am ready for some cooler temps. This 90 plus heat is too much with the fires still affecting our air coming from Northern California. Hoping you stay strong and healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)