Stealing from Terri (grin)...why? Because I literally have nothing Earth shattering to say.
--Saturday worked until 4:30 and then came home and acted like a couch potato.
--Sunday load of laundry.
--Went and looked at two houses Sunday
Above was the house on 1.1 acre. HOWEVER, hubby got into really looking and he nixed it. The house has many problems, then again it is over a 100 yrs old. Beautiful inside, but its like lipstick on a pig. So, onwards to below to the house in city/town.
$99,000
It is a duplex (2 apartments) in a desirable neighborhood. Really nice 1st floor (3 bedroom/1 full bath hardwoods throughout, full basement with a 3/4 bath/small apartment), however, the upstairs (3 bed/1 full bath, full kitchen, sep. entrance) is a wreck, needs a lot of work. Whoever rented it out, smoked and had a cat (I'm allergic to both). I couldn't stay upstairs long. HOWEVER, electrical, sewage etc. all has been updated. So, we mulled it over and decided to make an offer. We will go in today to sign the papers. I am quite surprised at this house. It might not look like much, but it is really nice. So, IF they accept our offer, son will live in the basement apartment while him and his dad work on the 2nd floor apartment. IF he doesn't want the 2nd floor apt. then we will rent it out. It can fetch upwards of $900 a month, it would pay the mortgage and then some. The second floor has a really nice open layout. I just won't live up there because I didn't like the kitchen layout. It would be perfect for a single person or a young couple or even a senior citizen.
---I am not holding my breath. This is house #5. We both firmly believe and trust the good Lord; whatever will be will be.
--came home, hubby started the pizza oven outside and made homemade pizzas.
--It was so hot and humid yesterday, today promises that as well. Summer is upon us here in the Southern Tier of NY.
Thank you all for the kind thoughts on yesterdays post. Yes, my job can be physically demanding, not everyday is like that. But I knew this when I accepted the offer. It's hard to realize one is no longer a spring chicken and my mothers words are coming back to haunt me; Make sure as you age, you stay physically active and don't get lazy. I did not heed those words. Just saying.




If it is meant to be, then the house will be yours. Have a good week, Linda! Happy Flag Day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Robin, same to you. smiles
DeleteLooks like a cute little yard. Good luck
ReplyDeleteOh the backyard is just as nice, has a patio with built in benches and a nice grilling area.
DeletePraying for God's will as I know you are. Sounds lovely though. Unfortunately I did not heed those words either. 45 years of a sitdown job would make it difficult for me to do physical labor, but when I retire, who knows. I may try it anyway.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy, I just have to buckle up and keep going, smiles.
DeleteNo offense to your mom, but sometimes things happen and our health takes a nosedive no matter how much we keep moving, so, don't be too hard on yourself. *grin*
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the house. Like you so rightly said, if it's meant to be it will happen. God's will be done. Still praying.
Love & Prayers xx
Well...I understand what she is saying...but your right cancer, hysterectomy, and so on... but still no excuse...
DeleteHi Linda. I hope the house works out. Houses in your area seem like such a bargain compared to here. We now have two rental properties in addition to the townhouse where we live, and I will tell you that there are some headaches in be a landlord, but overall, it is not a bad way to REALLY boost your income. Liam would probably really enjoy having his own space downstairs too. Anyway, sounds good and I do hope it works out for you, and you are in my prayers that God will intervene in your behalf for whatever home you need to have. I so admire your positive attitude, hard work, and determination. I truly mean that. Have a great week, my friend!
ReplyDeleteThey are a bargain, unfort. to much bargains that make them go higher than they are worth, sigh.
DeleteI don't remember either of my parents saying that, but if they had, chances are I'd have ignored it. (HA) That house sounds like a win-win scenario. You know, 5 has always been next-to favorite number. Jus' saying!
ReplyDeletePraying this is "The One", and if it is meant to be, it will be. Having the added rental income could be very nice too...as long as you can get some really good, quiet, clean tenants...or son could make that has abode and all will be well! I am sure you will do fine at your new job. I've already given you the "take care of yourself" warning, so won't reiterate. Maybe this position will open other doors for you to something better as the days go by. God is with you and and He always has a plan.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed on that last house! Sounds perfect for you guys and with the rental unit as the icing on the cake! I know you will keep us posted. Still cautioning you to take care, Linda! Backs, knees, and hips get older too!! Love & hugs, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI am praying about the house. It would be great to be able to rent and cover the house payment. Also, with living in it, it would be easier to make sure the renters aren't messing things up!
ReplyDeleteI know God has a plan, but it is hard to wait sometimes!
Hi Linda, oh I do hope that everything goes well with the house! Fingers and toes crossed. :) I hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs
ReplyDeleteSO grateful to hear this good news. This house sounds like a gem. It will be wonderful and extra income is always a good thing. God is always good because when we are unsure He is all knowing and knows just what we need. Take care HUGS
ReplyDelete