Just a quick update before I head off to work (8-12-short day, thankfully).
Ron is seemingly holding his own. He has many other problems besides the stroke and epilepsy; severe constipation that has caused his colon to be blocked and the Panceras to shut down. Right now, since he is not eating or holding anything down, they have given him an intravenous drip to force the constipation ---its not working. Hey folks, just an FYI and one public service announcement, albeit, a gross one; if your not having a bowel movement in say 72 hours, you might need to get it checked out (the case here, he had not had a bowel movement in 72 hours and was in severe pain, but he refused to get help). They are thinking the stroke was bought on by numerous factors, including constipation. His words are still slurry, they are keeping him and will be moved sometime next week to a skilled nursing facility to live out his remaining how many days. Not meaning to sound cold. He refuses everything. Bitterness is rotting his soul, so sad. Both him and my mother in law are just so bitter...and angry. It's just so sad. There will not be a funeral as he donated his body to science. I shall refrain furthur.
Since there is not much we can do, we are heading up to Keuka Lake tomorrow to take some time to ourselves. It's time to dip those piggy toes in the glacier water since the temps are hovering around 90* and its quite humid out. We might just take a trip over to the Windmill in Penn Yan to walk around as well. Life has to go on, period. My husband is adamant about that and I know that is not some folks cup of tea, per say. Also, house hunting/moving is on hold indef. It is what it is. I think we can agree on though; wherever it is, it has be in the country.



Well, poor Ron. My adopted father was just like that: bitter, cruel, mean-spirited, vindictive, angry. He hated God, hated me, hated almost everyone. Yeah, I know. That is sad. What caused it, I don't know, and don't care. When he died he barely left a ripple in the universe. Some people are a boil on other people's back side. I think it's good to move on. Go enjoy life. It is what it is. If you don't, you'll go crackers. *wink* Don't want that.
ReplyDeleteI lost a dear Christian friend last night. She passed into Glory about 2 am. I sure will miss her.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Don't know what to say, except that I will pray that God can be with your family. I am glad you are going to get away and go up to the lake. It always helps to be in nature. I hope you have as good a weekend as you can.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for your FIL and for you and your family, Linda. Have a good day at work and enjoy your day trip tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWhile there is yet life, there is hope. This is a sticky situation so give it to The Lord. He cares deeply about this and is the only One Who can change things,
ReplyDeleteYour husband is right...life goes on. I know that you'll enjoy some time away. Day trips! Love them and took one yesterday.
I am so sorry about Ron. It sounds like it is just a matter of time. My prayers are with you all. Glad you have a short day at work today!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I think God's timing is always perfect, and you will understand that better by and by. Praying for your father in law to let Jesus take over before it's too late. Praying for your mother in law as well. Is she at home alone? I think you said they have home health care, right? Praying that God will work this out for the very best for all concerned. Take care of yourselves and keep your eyes on Jesus. He is working on your behalf. Now, I must go take my daily dose of miralax, thank you very much for the reminder. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! Glad you are headed for some R&R! Enjoy and then tell us all about it! xo
ReplyDeleteIt's not sounding good with Ron. But you and hubby are right, you need to continue to live your life and that includes taking care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a nice day today.
Linda, you and your family are in my prayers for wisdom and God's grace through all that happens. I am sorry tough times are here.
ReplyDeletePraying for your family dear lady. I am so sad to hear of the bitterness and such awful health issues. I will be praying. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDelete