Sunday, June 13, 2021

Hit By Mack Truck Sunday Salon

 How'd you like that for a title? {{grin}}


Time: 9:55 a.m. ((yep, slept in))

Scene: 75*, but a tad bit humid.

Drinking: 


second cup of Breakfast at the Finger Lakes coffee with Italian Cream.

What's on Tap for the Day? We have two houses to go look at today; one here in town and the other in Arkport (9 miles) -that house sits on 1.1 acres of beautiful land.


My husband and son went and looked at it yesterday, this is looking at the back of the property, small cottage, 2 outbuildings with a beautiful detached garage. Hubby asked if I was willing to compromise on the size of the house...anyways, I am sure this will go for a bidding war, it is only listed for $87,000. Yep, read that right. Housing and land is pretty cheap here, unfort. folks want to move out here so that means a bidding war. I did say I would go look at it today, so he reset it up.

Hit by a Mack Truck: {{grin}}--luckily, I have today and tomorrow off. I haven't physically worked this hard in years and my body knows it. Too which my husband said, "Hey, you will be back in fighting form and shape in no time."--I gave him a look {{grin}}.




{{{all in a face mask, although while working ie stacking shelves etc. we are allowed to pull it down past the nose}}}

--stacked nearly 500 cases of sparkling water (by hand) into a nice display/planogram

--pulled a full beer keg up front, to which it promptly dropped and so did I (much aghast from customers and management---apparently the person who hooked up the doohingy to the keg didn't exactly secure it--I'm fine, just bruised and a gash on my leg and ego hurt).

--also stacked the rest of the water (by hand) in the warehouse onto carts for today's crew.

--Stacked jars and jars of pickles and baked beans for a summer display.

--apparently I have passed "the test" that was laid out this past week/week and half (2 weeks? I no longer know when I started working there, grin)

the 8 hours a day are flying by...which for me, I am so glad. I hate slow days. 

Regardless...even though I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck, and somewhat bruised and battered, I do feel really good. I have no feelings or plans to quit. I am afraid my ego wouldn't allow that. I am glad the guys that I work with don't show favoritism etc. They are quite fun to work with and quite good attitudes etc. I have heard a lot of, "Wow, you're pretty tough." Daddy didn't raise no weakling...although, I have allowed myself to become weak through the years. Now, I know what my parents meant.

Listening to... Biden telling the world he has no plans to end the plandemic until 2022-2023 because the world still has variants. Whatever, keep destroying the USA, dude. On that note...


Yep...just saying...there is talk that my employer is going to relax the mask mandates for employees on July 4...I might have said a word or two about that to my boss {{wink}} to which is why he doesn't really enforce it in the warehouse. Oh, we're mindful etc. of folks etc...but its just difficult to physically work in those conditions. I think folks have had enough, period.


every.single.day.

21 comments:

  1. That was sure some presser by Biden.. enough said.... :) If he says one more time "I'm going to get in trouble if...... tell him he is Prez... just saying,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure was, I was listening, hubby had it on. Sigh, this nightmare will never end, so it seems.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda. That sounds like a great deal on that house! Since it is under budget, maybe your will be able to bid over. I hate bidding wars when buying a home - so stressful and frustrating. You will be in my prayers. Glad you like your job. Josh does what you do, except he drives a forklift and works in a paint warehouse. He generally likes his job too, but says it wears him out because he is "a human donkey." Hope you have a good Sunday. Not many masks here in Utah any more, but then we are vaccinated so no worries there. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not trained/certified on the fork lift or the other lift, so everything has to be done by hand. LOL on the human donkey thought, I thought to myself "pack mule" the other day, LOLOL. Folks are vaccinated, however, they still wear masks (weird, but whatever). That is another subject for another day, grin.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm here in Salem, Oregon, so I'm drinking a local coffee, which is WAY TOO GOOD. They have these little drive through coffee shacks everywhere, not just Starbucks, and there are no Dunkins anywhere out here. So fresh local coffee, what's not to like? It's beautiful here, but there are so many homeless people near the city, and the traffic is a lot to contend with. Anyway, Linda, you are tough, and I am quite in awe that you're on this new job adventure. I have always said that we, as people, especially women, can do way more than we think we can. (We've been walking in and out of stores with no masks here, most people still wear them, the stores require them (in Oregon, if the businesses allow customers to forego the mask if vaccinated, the business HAS to screen people by law, with proof of vaccination. But guess what? No one has asked for it, and we just waltz right in with our bare faces.). Good luck with the house hunt, 87 with an acre is a steal!!!! Land out here is around 70 thousand for an acre, and up, with NO HOUSE. 475 thousand for five acres...ugh. I love traveling, but I do like Central New York State best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, out west is very expensive, as is down south....anyways, I am so happy for you a nd your new grandbaby, smiles

      Delete
  4. Ilove the looks of that property from what I can see, although I hope your guys are up for a lot of mowing! It is beautiful, and as you know I'd love to see the up close details...hint hint. Praying for you as you do all that lifting. That is a lot of weight to be shifting around. Be careful and protect your back...you know the drill for lifting I am sure, but when I was in my late 40's I had a job with a lot of lifting and pulling, etc., and wound up having back surgery...so please be careful. But I am happy you like the job and the atmosphere...just take good care of yourself and be safe. Not trying to be a debbie downer...just speaking from experience...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ma'am...safety is the top priority there. smiles

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda:
      I totally agree with Pam Steiner, I couldn't have
      said this any better.

      Delete
  5. Good grief on that keg mishap! I'm surprised your employer didn't make you seek medical attention. At my last employment I took a fall and next thing you know they have me at this workman's comp clinic. No if's, and's or but's. Those people were truly morons and kept stretching out my call-backs; no doubt on the WC dole. In spite of their remarks, I'll bet your coworkers are impressed ... David, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for that beautiful house, Linda. And I missed the press conference. I better go find it. Oh wait. Never mind. I can't listen to that. Have a cozy afternoon. HOT here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. My husband was watching it, but I overheard it...anyways, no go on the house, but we did put an offer on the first house, more on that later. I shall send you the link.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you're liking the job. Sounds kind physically demanding, though. I didn't know you'd have to be doing things like that. Pace yourself, 'k? You don't want to get old and worn out by the time you're my age.
    Good luck on the house! Hope y'all can get it.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is physically demanding...but its ok. Yes, ma'am, pace should be my middle name.

      Delete
  8. Be careful, Linda!! You don't need to hurt yourself more than you just did, for goodness sake! Wow on the price of that property!! Go for it!! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you are the woman! Lord have mercy girl! No wonder you feel like you've been hit by a mack truck! LOL! I would still be in the bed. Last Saturday I laid around till 9:30 am and it sure felt good. Praying about the home you settle on. I know that God has surely has a plan. Biden...LORD HELP ME JESUS! All I can do is pray for him. But, that is what we are suppose to do. Now, I might pray things that I shouldn't.....LOL! Happy week to you Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been working very hard! Glad you like it though. It's harder yet with masks. Thankfully we are not having to wear them much here anymore, except at work we still have to wear the N95 which are awful!
    OK - praying again about a house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm...sorry that the job is so physically demanding. Good heavens! Glad, however, that you are content there and that you're getting a gym membership and they're paying you.

    How much of a fixer-upper is it? The land looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound like a younger me until I got hurt. Now I have osteoporosis and there are so many things I can't do. That house looks nice and all that land! This weekend I went to an outdoor party and no mask. No mask at church either and our mask mandates are almost gone as of June 15th!!! It felt great to sing maskless today! Have a great weekend Linda and please take care of yourself! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry about your gash on your leg. Ouch! The one time I had a WC they turne doaroiund and laid me off. WOw! SO much for daulty cabinets falling on ones head. I guess the owner was a walking disaster, later we hear he filed bankruptcy in Florida than COlorado. Amazing how they pack up their clown car and go elsewhere with no problems. Hmmm... Hannah's in-laws live in a historical home in Collins NY. But he is in bad shape and she works full time so the house needs lots of TLC and repairs. Life is funny and hard. Gotta roll with it and pray hard. Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)